poshified

#thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

[ Edited ]

Thought I'd start a non-makeup thread on those times inside a Sephora store when we've unknowingly been placed on the spot -- and possibly blushing every shade of pink one could imagine.

-During a recent trip, the employee who rang me up practically yelled, "You have XXXX points!!! Would you like to redeem anything from our display?" Needless to say, everyone standing around the register turned to look at me, and I could see the wheels turning in their heads as to how much I've spent. Clearly they've missed the memo that 4X points was a few months prior and that I'm a points hoarder.

-One pushy (borderline getting on my nerves) MUA asked which UD or YSL eyeshadow I had on, since the color was extremely vibrant and glittery on my eyes. It was neither but, in fact, a L'oreal Infallible. The plus side was that I was able to shop in peace after telling her that :smileyvery-happy:

Share away, folks!

poshified

Re: #thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

I'm telling you, those hormones just make you want more beauty products! :smileyvery-happy:

SallieSunshine

Oh boy, I had the same, "You have XXXX points, do you want to redeem them" thing happen. Maybe it's SOP? The worst part is the SA did a double take when she saw the points, her tone of voice was incredulous, and other SAs craned their necks to look. It didn't even have that many points. Not enough to get 25 days of mini-perfumes, for example. :smileyhappy: 

I felt the same way I feel when they give me my key at a hotel and say the room number out loud. Don't do that! This is my personal information, and you're putting a target on my back if the wrong person is in line behind me!

poshified

(0) Hearts

The worst is when the SA tries and pushes you into getting perks! I remember a couple trying to push the Sephora by OPI 500 pt perk that was unpopular for valid reasons, and I was like Uh, no thank you. :smileytongue:

Saying the room number is quite dangerous. I would've thought they'd be better trained!

lilyyy

They should NEVER say the room number out loud. It IS dangerous and makes you a target for thieves and much worse.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

posh, something similar happened to me. I was with my best friend and I was pretty rude and loudly interrupted the SA "DONT SAY how many points I have out loud!" Everyone looked at me funny. But then the SA looked down and smiled and didn't say it outloud. I know my best friend would probably think I'm a little cray if she knew how much I spend at Sephora. I love her to DEATH but she isn't as into makeup as I am, so she just doesn't get it.

I've recently had SA's ask me about products when they have a question from a customer that they don't know the answer. 

poshified

I so hear you! That's one of the reasons I prefer shopping alone at Sephora. We all have priorities and, well, makeup just happen to be ours! :smileyvery-happy:

lilyyy

:smileywink:

shuturmouth.gif

poshified

He says it so handsomely too :smileywink:

roxystar4

pretty much. and I pretty much had that look on my face too.

Missie772

Uhh... well one time I literally hit up 2 Sephoras in the same day during the April VIB sale.

I went 1 Sephora to get a brand that the other store does not carry and then I had to go to the other Sephora store to get an item that I wanted that was sold out at that store. I had them call the other Sephora to see if they had it (they did) and I walked my butt over there! LOL. (That is how close 2 Sephoras are to each other- only like 1.5 miles tops and I just walked there!)

I walked in and the girl greeted me and said hello and pointed to my bag and asked if I had a return or exchange to do. I said no, I went to the other Sephora to buy something and came here to buy something else... :smileyvery-happy: The look on her face was like priceless- like REALLY?

poshified

(0) Hearts

Nothing stands between a girl and a sale. Especially NOT a VIB sale, no no! LOL. Isn't it funny how we're more passionate about beauty items than some employees?!

spacesuit

I get this all the time when I go on a Sephora shopping trip, the mall closest to me has both a standalone store and a SiJCP and if something's out of stock at one of them the other will usually have it. I've started carrying a big tote bag instead of a purse so I can hide my "shame", lol.

poshified

I have a mall that has a standalone and SiJCP too -- never understood why but it sure does make hunting those OOS products easier!

lilyyy

OMG, I have started carrying a big tote too! Maybe subconsciously for this reason because I only hide Sephora shopping bags in there.

poshified

Speaking of tote, have you ever been handed a huge Sephora bag that you have to lug around the mall because the store had run out of the small bags? It's like announcing to the world I've just dropped thousands at Sephora when in fact I had just snagged a Sephora prisma chrome shadow. On sale.

spacesuit

[ Edited ]

Haha, probably!

I bet it marks me as "potential shoplifter" though, which is pretty annoying -  I get more SA's asking me if I need help finding things. :smileyhappy:

lilyyy

I LOVE hitting up two Sephoras in one day. It is like a totally different experience for me each time I walk into a store--so exciting, so new!

drrragon

these are all so funny!

Have you ever pretended NOT to have/know about the items that the SA points out to you?  Sometimes they are so friendly and I don't really need help but I don't like to turn them away.  It's embarrassing when they point out 3 eye palettes and I already own them, so I just pretend like they're new to me and go "ooh!" and "ahh!" until the SA goes away....

poshified

Guilty as charged! It's like I could inform you of the new releases that are not yet available in store, but I'll continue to act like I'd never seen or heard of the products you're showing that were released six months ago! :smileyvery-happy:

dolceloure

This happens to me pretty much every time I go into a Sephora. I just want to tell them, "I know everything about every product here. I'm good," but of course that's rude....and a bit of an exaggeration, lol, so I just nod along politely more often than not.

poshified

We just like to keep it classy -- that's all :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 148 replies
  • 389 hearts
  • 51 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • killahbabe