cakesters

must haves

(0) Hearts

what are your favorite brands for makeup and skincare? that has truly worked for you and changed your life?

juicyglosspaige

Re: must haves

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I LOVE my Clarisonic and Mario Badescu skincare products. My skin has never looked better or more glow-y and healthy than it does now, thanks to these magic products. I swear by them! I also love Rosebud Minted Rose lip balm. It is SO hydrating, and the scent and color are beautifully understated.

honeylemongirl

(0) Hearts

Okay, I'll narrow down my list of must-haves to only the "life-altering" ones.

- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer: A gift from the heavens. If I compare it to my regular face concealers, BB's Creamy Concealer has a bit of a peachier tint to it that makes it so perfect for vanquishing purpley blues under my eyes. For me, someone with mega dark circles, it's pure confidence in cream form.

- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage: Again, confidence in cream form. But this time, for zits. It's insurance that I'll be able to cover up my imperfections with a tiny brush and know that the coverage will last.

- NARS Multiple Tints: I am an ADDICT when it comes to non-powder blush formulas, and these are the perfect, perfect gel blushes. I bought all three colors, but I think I'll be buying backups. I don't want to ever run out of this formula. It's shockingly long-wearing, unscented (yuck Tarte!), not shimmery, and gives a look that's so healthy/glowing/dewy.

- DDF Glycolic Toner 10%: In combination with a few other products (as well as more sleep), this toner helped to achieve the best skin I've had in a long time. It's a little strong, but my skin needs it.

Jillie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Skin Care:

- Clarisonic: This has transformed my skin for looking dull and lifeless into flawless and amazing. I have been using it for almost 3 years and my skin has never looked better. LOVE my Clarisonic. 

- Korres Wild Rose brightening serum: This has transformed my eye area. I virtually have no dark circles under my eyes and the fine lines that I like to think of as cute little "smile lines" are dramatically different and look so soft. 

- Korres Wild Rose Face Mask: This product is just amazing. This makes your skin feel silky smooth and REALLY brightens your complexion, its honestly amazing. 

-Purity Made Simple by Philosophy is another amazing product to me. I take my makeup off every night with this cleanser. I have been using this for years and will never stop! Another Cleanser I use every morning is Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Face Wash, this I use every morning to prep my skin and I just love this stuff! 

-EradiKate: This is an absolutely amazing product for spot treatment on pimples. This product takes care of the problem area literally over night. Its awesome. I always can rely on this product!

-Neutrogena 100+ SPF sunscreen: I use this every day and I love it. I am a huge sunscreen fanatic and neutrogena in my opinion makes the best sunscreen. 

Makeup

- Bare Minerals Foundation: I have never been able to find a foundation light enough for my skin tone and this foundation is THE ONE. I honestly don't think I can ever go back to liquid foundation!

Kat Von D Eye Palettes: These palettes are brilliant. They are so pigmented and are just such stunning colors. These make it so easy for me to put colors together and to create smokey eye looks. They are my go to eye palettes that I just love. Before these palettes I was so intimidated by using color on my eyes... now I can't imagine my life with out these! 

-Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara: This mascara is great. I have been using it religiously for a year and a half and it is by far the best mascara I have every used. LOVE LOVE LOVE! 

jadorezrg

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Life altering Make Up:

• Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation- I have combo/acne prone skin and this foundation makes me look flawless! It hides my uneven skintone and acne scars. Plus, I'm difficult to color match because I'm between medium and olive. I have golden undertones. This looks natural on.
  • Smashbox primer- I also had issues with oiliness and staying power. This primer changed the way that I applied foundation and the frequency.
  • Benefit Hoola bronzer- I've adored celeb's glowy faces and one day a Benefit makeup artist used this on me. Its the best for contouring! It slims my face, makes my cheeks stand out and gives me a healthy glow!
  • Dior Diorshow Mascara- this mascara makes my lashes so long and lush! I love the way my eyes pop

Life altering Skincare:

• Murad and Perricone products helped me to clear my skin of blemishes.

Life altering haircare:

• Keratase hair masque- I have super long wavy hair (like Kim Kardashian or Vanessa Hudgens) and I use this deep conditioning treatment once a week to keep my hair healthy. I straighten my hair with a flat iron 3-4 times a week so my hair takes tons of heat abuse. This treatment has saved my hair from looking fried!

melalah

korres skincare and bare minerals foundation. :smileyhappy: I looooooooove the original foundation and from korres the wild rose or pomegranate lines and the pomegranate scrub! that freaking scrub plus the foundation...turned me into a beauty fanatic!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

I also love the korres wild rose skincare collection and bare minerals original foundation. My absolute go to brand for color and style is UD. Second go to color and style brand is Too Faced.

serendipity01

(0) Hearts

Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash - Makes my skin feel soooo smooth (make sure to massage on for the full 30-60 seconds, as the directions on the bottom recommend).  My face can sometimes get dry and flakey and this exfoliator gives me soft, smooth skin.

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation - I previously used Prescriptives Virtual Skin Foundation, but switched to MUFE after Prescriptives went out of business.  Ever since I started to use MUFE, I've gotten compliments, and my mom even went out to buy the MUFE HD foundation after she saw it on me.

melalah

(0) Hearts

bare minerals original foundation

korres wild rose moisturizer

korres pomegranate scrub

korres lip butters

:smileyhappy:

baazigar

Skincare - Neo Strata Oil Free Gel Cleanser - No other pr...

(0) Hearts

Skincare - Neo Strata Oil Free Gel Cleanser - No other product keeps my pores so clean and with continued use I have noticed  improvement in my uneven skin tone.

Avene - Rich Compensating Creme / Moisture Mask - two great products for people who have dehydrated, sensitive skin.

Makeup - MUFE HD Foundation in 153 - I never thought i would ever find a foundation that didnt have an orange / reddish undertone. This foundation has been a dream come true in terms of finish, color, staying power - definitely holy grail stuff!

katie1724
[ Edited ]

Good question! A handful of my life-changing products are:

Smashbox Halo -- truly amazing -- and probably one of the best products I have ever used!

Too Faced Lash Injection -- because it honestly makes my eyelashes look as if they are false

Fresh Sugar Lip Glosses -- not sticky, natural colors, smooth and hydrating -- best glosses I have ever used!

Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream -- wonderful at hydrating

Dermalogica and La Roche-Posay for skin care

SUNSCREEN -- I always use SPF 50-70 on a daily basis :smileyhappy:

katiedaisies

Skincare: Philosophy Hope in a Jar is Amazing for people...

(0) Hearts

Skincare: Philosophy Hope in a Jar is Amazing for people transitioning from acne prone skin, to starting to wear mositurizer in their early 20s

Dior Glow: 30$ really expensive, but if you cannot pull off lipstick but want some color...amazing.

Egyptian Skin Magic Cream: AMAZING. Heals cuts, burns, chapped lips, split ends, put it on everything, totally natural and organic if you care...

Bumble and Bumble Trickening Serum: also really expensive for a tiny bottle, but I swear it works, also their hair styling lotion is good.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • melalah
    • katie1724
    • Jillie
    • cakesters
    • juicyglosspaige
    • baazigar