veevali

holy grail products discovered through sephora gwp

[ Edited ]

It's apparent that we all love the promo codes and make multiple orders to get a few more *free* things. So I was wondering what are some products that you absolutely love that you got as a gift with purchase?

I'll start. Origins Checks and Balances is one for me. I got a really good size deluxe sample that lasted at least six months. Now I can't live without it. My boyfriend even started using it and loves it too. It actually got me into the Origins brand, and I have a good number of skincare products from them.

Another for me is the Soap & Glory Hand Food. I love this stuff. So non-greasy and I love the smell. I have already invested in the body wash and body butter too :smileyhappy:

Last one is the Buxom Big & Healthy Lipstick. I have three colors now, but I want to get more. They're expensive (price to product ratio) but I love the formula. Also, I have thin lips and I find that it's easier to apply than other lipsticks since it's more like a thick lip liner.

So, what are some of yours? 

clarks18

Re: holy grail products discovered through sephora gwp

Benefit Porefessinal.  It's the best primer I have used and is now a staple in my everyday look.  Also Tarte's Smooth Operator finishing powder.  It's just a great powder that works wonders for me. 

onomotopoeia9

Lancome La vie est belle and Dr. Weil for origins megabright brightening serum

jennypenny1995

YSL's Rouge Volupte Shine lip color in Pink in Devotion.  Best punchy color for Summer!

StraightRhodes

The Dior lash primer. I got a deluxe sample of it and I love it. It's an amazing product that I fully plan to buy a full size of. I also fell in love with Anna Sui's Flight of Fancy perfume through a sample.

crayzeeRN

Anna Sui's perfume bottles are GORGEOUS. Hopefully I'll like the scent of one of these, because I love the bottles so much! (My wallet won't like that, however.)

veevali

(0) Hearts

I like the packaging of all their products. I hope Sephora will start carrying them as well.

rikkie

I have my eye on the Anna Sui coffret because I can't pick which one I like best, they're all so pretty!

crayzeeRN

Ditto to that, rikkie!

kenny

I got a sample of Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer and fell in love! Although it is a more expensive primer, I do think it is one of the best!

dolceloure

These are some of the free minis I've gotten that I loved so much I needed to get the full size straight away:

Fan di Fendi

Diorshow Maximizer lash plumping serum

Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous foundation faker

Benefit Hellow Flawless foundation

....and then I have a dozen more favorites that emerged from those little foil packet samples! (See, Sephora?? Showering us with free samples is totally worth it. :smileytongue: )

starletta8

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray- got it as a 100 point perk and love it.

Clinique 7-day scrub cream: Not a Sephora GWP, but I'm in love.

arielaaaaaaaa

Soap and Glory face wash! I got it as a sample and fell in love. It's so inexpensive, and leave my face so soft!! I love it for the morning cause it's so gentle!!

Arlandria88

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

mafan

Oh, my, those GWP can be dangerous.

I think the first one was Clarins' Vital Light Serum.  I think it must have been a 100pt perk a couple of years ago.  I've gone through more than one bottle since then.  (I have some other serum samples so I will probably try them out and see, but I really think the Clarins has helped the hyperpigmentation on the sides of my face.)

Clarins UV Plus HP SPF 40.  It's so sheer it's great.  Then I got a sample in store of the light tinted one and had to buy that, too.  It's a bit light as I get a bit of a tan, so I picked up a sample of medium today as I flew through the store and may try seeing how they mix.

Lancome La Vie Est Belle.  I loved it the first time I smelled the sample I asked for.  Bought the sampler to redeem for this and then saw a large set on sale after mother's day in SiJCP.  Still not sure what to get from the sampler but more won't go to waste, either.  It's my new favorite!

The most surprising is the Philosophy shower gel.  When I got it as the birthday gift 2 years ago I wasn't sure -- I thought it was strong and wasn't sure I wanted to smell like food!  But I realized that it left my skin decently moisturized and doesn't linger, so I can enjoy the smell in the shower and still wear perfume.  I now have an insane number of their shower gels and my husband thinks I have a serious problem. :smileyhappy:

veevali

(0) Hearts

I've been using the Clarins sunscreen from the sun safety kit and am loving it. I may get the tinted ones for summer now. Going on my "loved" list :smileyhappy:

poemelyric

I have quite a few but on the top of my list are Lancôme's Cil Booster and Hypnose Drama.  I got them as samples and fell in love.  Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.  I picked it up at quick bargains section on the check out screen online.  OPI... I got the nail polish as a 500 point perk (they were giving out 3 full sized OPI bottles back then) and I've been using them ever since.  Ouidad Climate Control is one of the best hair samples that I have tried.  I'm working my way to the Living Proof sample that I got during Chic Week though.  Nars Eye Primer... I usually love NARS but I was really into UD's Primer Potion until I got a NARS Loves Sephora perk and it took me a while but I finally tried it and now it's my go to primer.  But I still use UD Primer when I use UD eye shadows.

viviene23

Hourglass mineral veil primer for me...I got it as a deluxe sample a while back and I was hooked! I also like the estee lauder advance night repair serum sample I got from a sephora event. I now use it under my face oil at night together with the EL night repair eye serum. Another one is Armani black code for my husband...he was with joking around with the SA while i'm paying one time and they gave him fragrance samples( a lacoste, D&G light blue for men, acqua di gio and armani black code) and we both love the smell of armani on him...its his signature cologne now ;-)swfupload_8648214386741345216.jpg

MaybeMaybe

[ Edited ]

@Lylysa.... sorry to be the messenger of bad news but Clinique just discontinued all of their powder eyeshadows. I have a few shades that I will miss very much, including Like Mink- such a classic. :smileysad:

They'll be launching new ones in the Fall.

lylysa

Holy cow! Thanks for the heads up! I can't believe it, I just hit the pan a few weeks ago too, time to hunt online and stock up!

MaybeMaybe

You're Welcome and Good Luck. Their own website is completely out of everything. The worst part is.... they didn't even give notice so that customers had a chance to think ahead. A simple email would have been nice.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 74 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poemelyric
    • annonymous1
    • jennypenny1995