onomotopoeia9

enablers are us!

[ Edited ]

OK all you beauty lovers, its time for an enablers thread! of course, nothing too dangerous lol

here's the question: If someone were to go to sephora to treat oneself to one beauty item, what awesome product would you recommend?

It can be anything, from lipstick to body wash...

I think I would say the bite beauty lip library,an urban decay eyeliner in a really gorgeous color, or origins modern friction

garnett

Re: enablers are us!

If you want to treat yourself to some wonderful skincare, I highly recommend the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha/Beta peel.  I use it in the extra strength which is not harsh at all.  It has made such an amazing difference in my skin's texture, clarity, color and has diminished my pores.  I buy it in the foil packets as opposed to the jars.  I feel that the packets keep them very moist and keeps the product from losing effectiveness due to exposure to air and light over time. 

If you want a cosmetic, I can't say enough good things about the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders.  My skin is normal to dry and they never look chalky or caked on me.  They truly add light to your face with a lit from within effect.  I have light skin and I own 5 of the 6!  Yes, I did over indulge but I am using them and I love them. 

ginger304

(0) Hearts

how can you buy just one item??impossible for me

fabme

Fresh Mask Trio; includes 1oz of the sugar polish, rose mask and the black tea mask.  Variety of some great masks from a great brand.  On my loves list and my next treat to myself.  I never seem to have a problem finding something to treat myself to.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I want this so much! I have been dying to try the Sugar Polish and Black tea mask but at those prices, NO way! But i love the Rose mask and i must purchase this set!! 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

If it's only one item, I'd recommend an amazing serum or a treatment like a mask or retinol patches, etc.

If you're truly splurging, why not make your skin look its best?

janinebt

Gosh that's like picking a favorite child! If I had to pick just ONE thing to purchase it would probably be a good face mask. Masks are such a simple way to refresh the skin and feel pampered. I have so many favorites. I really like the Miracle Skin Transformer mask. It's a quick pick-me-up and feels great after a busy weekend or stressful day.

swfupload_4156964848513385533.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
buzzbee3

I would say a really good moisturizer (Boscia fan myself). If you start off with good skincare it makes a huge difference on how your makeup will look.
I'd rather prevent & treat my skin issues instead of trying to cover up with layers upon layers of concealer and foundation.

onomotopoeia9

Yeah, that's my recent discovery :smileyhappy:

Rather spend on quality skin care than on pricey makeup to layer on and try to hide myself.

Although I must say, I am still lusting for the TEMPTU airbrush system. I want it sooo bad

beautylovingirl

@onomatopoeia- No Lorac's not new it's been around a while. I think a lot of people just haven't discovered it yet, but like me I wish I had found it sooner their shawdows are so smooth their one of my new favorites.:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- I love the trio's only because the colors are already put together in them and it saves time. I love taking the littlest amount of time to look great.:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

@beautylovingirl I had totally blanked out and forgot that I have the Lorac Pro Palette. and I love it so much.  I did miss the $6 Lorac singles but I did it purposefully last night, I just looked at my stash & was like I dont need another shadow right now.

beautylovingirl

@ayen85- I think you'll love the pro palette Lorac's  shawdows  are so silky I wish I would have found them sooner.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

NARS Matte foundation, more Lancôme Cils Booster and Dior Dior Dior!

beautylovingirl

I would say:

Any Lorac shawdow because I wish someone would of told me so that I could have found them earlier, their like a hidden treasure, Dior Extase mascara it takes a while to learn how to use it just right but if you have to wear false eyelashes you could throw them away after finding this and any YSL Lipstick.:smileyhappy:

ayen85

speaking of lorac shadows,do u think i should get the pro palette? I have the naked and naked2.😢 

roxystar4

@ayen85 i own the lorac pro palette and LOVE IT. i tested it in store at the same time as the UD Naked 1 and 2 and liked how smooth and pigmented the LORAC PRO was.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@beautylovingirl I wish I knew that you loved LORAC shadows! I would have picked some up at the Hautelook sale. Instead I went on the LORAC website and bought a blush and lip colors (free shipping).  The LORAC website didnt have any single shadows available though. There were quite a few on Hautelook thou. 

Beautylovingirl do you like the trios or the singles best?  I may have to pick up a few singles on haute look... (I have a trio from this set I got during chic week http://www.sephora.com/close-up-real-life-to-red-carpet-natural-to-dramatic-face-tutorial-P292503?sk... )  But I havent had a chance to try it yet - I was thinking of giving it away as a bday present to a friend or my SIL

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Is lorac a fairly new brand? for some reason I don't know anyone personally who uses it...

sephoramusthave

Foundations: KVD tattoo lock it, Lancôme Dual Finish, Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous

Concealer: Benefit Erase Paste, Benefit Fake up, Benefit Booing

Blush: Benefit Boxed Powders, NARS

Bronzer: Benefit Dallas and Benefit Hoola

Mascara: Benefit theyre real, Givenchy phenomen eyes

lipstick: dior addict, bite beauty, nars

lipgloss: dior addict

eyeshadow: urban decay, benefit creaseless cream

DesertRose0706

Either Tartes Amazonian Clay blush in blissful, Benefits They're Real mascara or Stila eye shadow in Kitten :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 35 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poemelyric
    • janinebt
    • roxystar4