waterbaby1981

beautyblender solid or liquid cleanser?

So I have the beautyblender.  Wasn't a believer until I accidentally put a little too much makeup on and then used it. 

It sheered it out and blended my concealer like WHOA.  Totally natural and airbrushed almost.  I am now a believer.  But now I have another question.  Which cleanser to use?  I'm used to using baby shampoo or mild dish soap on my regular makeup brushes, but I understand that's not what you want to do with this.  I get to make a Sephora run today, so I was going to pick that up (and quite possibly the Hourglass palette if it's in stock along with a few things I need to replenish). 

Additionally, with the colds going around?  Use the Josie Maran Argan Oil or really any beauty oil around your nose.  Keeps it from cracking and drying out.

lovinglondon

Re: beautyblender solid or liquid cleanser?

(0) Hearts

I’ve never tried the solid cleanser but I really don’t’ like the liquid one. I force myself to use it because I don’t want the product wasted but it has a strong smell that I can't get past and I don’t find that it cleans all that well either. I would not recommend the liquid cleanser to anyone.

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

I forgot to add that currently, I only use brushes and I am very curious to see how big of a difference between both media's of cleanser.

Panda168

I LOVE the solid cleanser. I don't own a sponge anymore or Beauty Blender, but I use it to clean all of my brushes and it works like a dream. 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

That's what I do! It's replaced my brush cleansers. Dries the brushes so quickly as well! 

End0ra

I like the solid.  I was really surprised at how well it worked.

heartsmyface

Yeah cause you're thinking to yourself "it's just a bar of soap", but no it's not. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I usually love the solid cleanser alot more than the liquid version, but for the beauty blender itself, the liquid one is easier to use. 

it takes a few washes to get it to be completely clean, so I usually use a Dr Bronner's soap first to get most of the makeup out and then use a beauty blender cleanser to help it keep in shape (if it ever makes a difference.. I just think DR.B's cleansers are too drying) 

1SultrySCENTNut

Interesting post, and now anther item I have to add to my " PURCHASE LIST ". I did not think the solid would be a better cleanser than liquid, looks like I am now going to have to test the solid  up against the spray ( liquid ) .

( will post the results after using for at least 2 weeks )

mberteig

(0) Hearts

OMG, the solid cleanser is the best stuff ever!  It lasts for a long time, is so easy to use, is great at getting out every last bit of makeup and is perfect for travel!  What could be better!? :-)

floridab

(0) Hearts

I'll put in my vote for the solid cleanser.  I had the liquid first and it started smelling bad so I had to toss it.  It also didn't clean my beauty blender or brushes very well. I was so glad when the solid cleanser came out. I use it for all my brushes and beauty blender.  Gets all the makeup out!!

Mariahk83

yet one more for the solid cleanser!  i use it for all of my brushes as well.  it's super easy! I feel like it lasts much longer!  

BrennaBombshell

I'm addicted to my BB. It's my baby. I used to use dish soap and olive oil to clean all my brushes, but it took a very, very long time and my back was always breaking by the time I finished (I have a lot of brushes). Then for my birthday last month, I splurged on the solid cleanser and I am a huuuge convert now! I'm constantly preaching the joys of it to all my makeup-inclined girlfriends! It's seriously swirl, rinse, clean brush! I had a (embarrassing, yes, but I do dream of makeup quite often) dream the other night where it was discontinued, so I went around buying other people's solid cleansers. Then I found one that was enormous (like the size of a room) and was sooo happy. ^_^

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Haha, i drift off to sleep on BT hugging my iPad sometimes. I love your dream! 

hadtotryit

Do you have dreams about clothing shopping, too? I have THE BEST shopping dreams... Like Prada handbags on clearance for $40.00. And I dream in detail of trying on outfit after outfit. I've not yet had a makeup dream... :smileyhappy:

BrennaBombshell

I had a dream a few weeks ago where everything I tried on fit me like a dream. It was like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. (I've never seen the movie, but I loved the books when I was a kid. I always wanted jeans that would look awesome on me AND my friends, no matter what!)

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Another vote for the solid cleanser!

enableme

(0) Hearts

I've used both and I would definitely recommend the solid one. The liquid one is a total waste and runs out quickly.

Loretta55

(0) Hearts

I have never tried the liquid Beauty Blender Cleanser but I do like the solid Beauty Blender Cleanser. I also find that cleaning my make up brushes with the Solid is much easier.

I do agree that using the JM Argan Oil seems to help with the cracking around my nose.

RandeeBT

I definitely recommend the Solid Sponge Cleanser! The liquid cleanser did not do much for my beautyblender, but the solid cleanser totally impressed me and made my beautyblender look brand new!

upload_5540321157313069728.jpg

Best,
Randee
TheBronzeGodess

Personally, i hate the liquid. def the solid... The liquid is messy and doesnt do much imo

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • lovinglondon
    • mberteig
    • waterbaby1981
    • floridab
    • GBean28