Your oldest cosmetic item!

[ Edited ]

i was just pondering to myself how long my cosmetics are likely to physically last me after a brief discussion on the 30 day blush challenge thread.

i know with proper care your blushes and pressed powders can and will last a very long time, but my knowledge is based on my own experience of only three years.   Greenchili made a joke about blushes lasting up to fifteen years based on the rate they're being used up.

It got me wondering how long others' makeup has actually lasted them.  What's your oldest cosmetic item?  Do you still use it or does it carry sentimental value? 

My oldest makeup is my naked2 palette, too faced candlelight glow, and benefit fine one one sheer cheek colour and nars Pago pago.  These items are what remain from my first sephora shopping trip in 2011. I had no idea what to buy so the SA just walked me around and put stuff in my cart for me!  Lol!  They all seem fine still and look clean and new save for a little use.  I take very good care of my things and keep them at a constant temperature and sanitize them after use.  

Lol, does fifteen years really happen?  

Re: Your oldest cosmetic item!

When I was thirteen I saw this nail polish in Seventeen magazine. A contest was held for girls to create a new nail polish that Chanel would sell! The winner was Ciel de Nuit (the night sky). It was the only item on my Christmas list. My aunt had to go to several department stores to find it and I still have it! This was 1998! I bust it out when I am feeling nostalgic. 20150814_114358.jpg

(0) Hearts

Might have even been 1997...

(0) Hearts

I have a whole bunch of those old Maybelline rollerball eye shadows hidden away somewhere.  Name a color, I probably owned (and wore) it.  I did find an Urban Decay Stardust eyeshadow.. I don't even remember buying this thing. 

I have a tube of chanel vamp.  Omg how old?  From when I totally blew up and there were waiting lists miles long.  My first luxury item :-)

Vamp!! That's probably some sort of collectors' item! (:

I know! I still love it. It still has that Chanel smell lol

(0) Hearts

Still have my Ciel de Nuit nail polish. Think it came out a year or two later than the cult classic that was Vamp. O the 90's...

The best part is........ THEY ARE MAKING A COMEBACK! lol

Bust it out girl!

It is my Halloween lipstick every year lol  I slice off a little just to get rid of anything that may be there. lol But it is almost fall...................

(0) Hearts

I'm feeling it.

image.jpgHere's one of them. It's from the late 90's, I think. Dior Duo Liner Eyeliner Compact Cake Eyeliner in Violet Cerise. The larger section broke when I dropped it Smiley Sad It was a deep, eggplant purple. There is a tiny bit left in the corners.  The red is intact, thank god. I used it today in the weekly red challenge. 

(0) Hearts

Hard Candy nail polish from the 90's, either those or possibly Chanel ceil de nuit polish. I also have some Chanel that may be older than those. I need to stop hoarding polish!

(0) Hearts

Probably my MAC Barbie Pearl Blossom powder or MAC dSquared Nude Rose lipstick...

I definitely have some Clinique stuff, mostly lipstick and eyeshadow, from when I was probably 14... that my mom gave me from her existing stash. So it's probably 15 years old, give or take. I haven't used it, because I'm not really a fan of it anymore compared to the stuff I have now, but I swatched the lipstick and it seems totally fine.

(0) Hearts

I have a stash of Clinique eyeshadows from past bonuses/GWPs - can't seem to part with them, but they still seem o.k. Smiley Happy

I think I still have a tin of Lip Smackers somewhere. LOL I've had them since elementary school! Pretty sure they're toxic by now.....

My Chanel nail polish in Ciel de Nuit from 1998. Still applies beautifully!

I had several Chanel nail polishes I bought on my honeymoon at Sephora in Paris in 2001 that I just recently parted with only because they were mostly used up and I needed to make more room in my nailpolish stash.

(0) Hearts

You cannot part with Chanel. It is a rule.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • DRPepper.JPG
  • 20150814_114358.jpg