kimmi1115

Your Palette Collection

Some of us on here have listed how many eyeshadows and whatnot we have.  What are the eyeshadow palettes that you have currently collected?  At least the ones you can think of off the top of your head lol.  Do you have certain likes and maybe dislikes about them?    Here are mine:

Urban Decay Urban Ammo

ammo.jpg

The palette that started an addiction lol.  I love how UD placed 10 best selling colors into a single palette.  Many of the colors easily work together.  I pretty much like all the colors, but I could do without Polyester Bride and Oil Slick.  Sin is one of my favorite highlight shades, and I like wearing all 4 of the neutral shades together in various ways.  If I had to pick 3 colors from this palette as my favorite, they would be Mildew, Shattered, and Last Call.

Urban Decay Rollergirl Palette

rollergirl.jpg

I ordered it on sale from the UD site, and I am in love with the 3 neutrals in it.  I used to be mainly about neutrals, and this may have brought my love back for them (although I still love my brights).  I had a single of the bright Woodstock before I bought this, but I can use it as a backup now.  I'll be using the neutrals quite a bit this Fall with other Fallish colors, even though this palette was probably meant for summer.  Although Fall isn't much for bright colors, I'll still sneak in Woodstock from time to time lol.

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette

15.jpg

I've read online about the mixed emotions about this palette, but I am one of the people who loves it.  The neutrals in it add to my neutral selection, and, of course, I love those brights lol.  I don't have many dark colors, so these work well.  I like the Blackout shade a lot better than Oil Slick.  No big chunk of glitter!  I think I'd have to say that Deep End is my favorite blue.

Kat Von D True Romance Palette in Truth

kat.jpg

I was mainly drawn to this palette because of the green shades, and it looked like a palette I could wear compared to the other ones that were out at the time.  I enjoy all the colors in it, especially Snake Eyes (third green from the left), prague, Galeano, and Rehab (starts from dark purple and works to right).  However, the cream shadow in Finland (4th green from the left) is pretty much dry now, and I threw the mini brushes in the trash.  Thank goodness she changed all that for the new palettes that are out.

JanineJ

Re: Your Palette Collection

I don't have nearly as many pallets as I'd like to :smileysad: but then again I'm super picky when it comes to choosing them. Here are the few that I do have and love.

This is my go-to pallet for evening looks.

Too Faced Smokey Eye Shadow Collection

Urban Decay Naked Pallet

Naked Palette

I love how small and purse-friendly Dior pallets are.

5-Colour Eyeshadow-Gris Gris 034

5-Colour Eyeshadow - Gris Gris 034

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Kimmi1115,

What a great topic! Here are some of the palettes that I have been using.

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Saint

True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Saint

-I love this palette because the shades are very wearable. I like the soft pigment of the eyeshadows and that many of them have a hint of sparkle.

Sephora Collection Baked Moonshadow Trio

Afterglow 08
(smoky amethyst with micro glitter/ iridescent light pink/ bronzed light brown)
Afterglow 08

-This one works really well with my pink lipsticks.

Lorac Private Affair Palette 

Private Affair Palette ($136 Value)
-I use this as my nighttime palette.

<3 Melissa
pocketvenus

1) Kat von D Truth palette - love the colours but not a huge fan of the cream (finland) but there's a good range of shimmer content for completely matte to sparkly. The powder is very soft.

2) Revlon 24 hour colour stay - lasts fairly well and is a great neutrals palette. I can't remember the name, something about coffee.

3) Lavshuca (Japanese brand) blue/turquoise quad. Bit too sparkly for my taste but I love the colours.

4) 2 Lancome gift quads. Subtle metallics and neutrals. Nice texture. Were my go-to palettes for awhile.

kimmi1115

@pocketvenus  When I turned 13 and started wearing makeup, one of the Revlon's quads was my first eyeshadow palette that I got for my birthday.  I think the one I had was called In the Buff which was a set of neutrals.

sephoramusthave

I didnt start wearing makeup until 18 I think. My skin was always perfect so I just wore lipbalm or lipgloss every once in awhile. But then I started using cheapo skincare products and then proactiv and then I HAD to get makeup to cover up my bad skin.

Now I just wear it for fun :smileyvery-happy:

kimmi1115

I wore light, neutral makeup during my early teens.  I used cheapo skincare items, and there were no help at all.  Even the face wash from the Dr. was useless!  It was too watered down, and I went through it quickly.  The only good thing she gave me was the prescription for Benzaclin and Trention (something like that) creme to use as needed. 

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I don't have too many -- mine are mostly eyeshadow palettes, and off the top of my head, I can think of:

My trusty favorite is a Chanel quad called Demure (not my image):

hwthumb.jpg

...but I also reach for this (Guerlain Ecrin 6 Couleurs in 29, Rue de Sèvres) frequently:

P271303_hero.jpg

...and this (93, Rue de Passy):

P271301_hero.jpg

...and 2, Place Vendôme:

P271304_hero.jpg

(In case you can't tell, I LOVE these palettes and use them all the time -- the color combinations are amazing, and all of the shadows have excellent payoff (in my opinion). I also love that in each palette, there is a range of finishes (satin, matte, iridescent, etc.))

I also have the Naked Palette:

P267200_hero.jpg

...and the NARS Rapture palette, which I acquired a loooong time ago:

s320x240.jpg

(This has four lip colors, four eyeshadows (the Charade duo, Ashes to Ashes, Belissima), Sin blush, as well as a blush (really a bronzer / contour) called Ninotchka that has been discontinued for a long time.)

...I think that's it!

: )

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

(2) UD Naked, 15th Anniversary, Sustainable, Mariposa, Vegan palettes

Love the Naked and Mariposa palettes, not overly crazy about the others, use them sporadically

Too Faced Leopard Love Blush/Bronzer Palette  Use everyday!

(3) 15 pan MAC custom palettes (the kind you pick your own choice of 15 removable Pro-Pans) and (3) 4 Pan Palettes 

Nice for trips because I can only take the colors I want to use, I use the 15 pan ones as storage

MAC Lady Grey, Chromzone palettes

Love the Lady Grey, Chromzone useful for party makeup

LORAC Color Me Couture, Starry Eyed Baked in Star Struck and Super Star 

Haven't opened the Color Me Couture, suspect won't be crazy about it because it is mostly matte shades, Starry Eyed palettes are nice for travel, though the dark color isn't so useful, it is too dark for me.

1 Sephora Blockbuster-hardly use

Stila Color Wheel- Darks are too dark, the greens are pretty

(3) Shu Uemura custom palettes (one has 6 shades and the other has 4 eyeshadows and 2 blushes)

Languishing in my beauty closet

Smashbox Eye wish (or something like that, I don't remember the name)

Sometimes I am in the mood for a couple of colors in here

A great plenty!

jxw200

Phew, i'm glad i'm not the only one with way too many palettes! 

hmmm let's see what i can remember

• Too Faced Bronzed & Beautiful French Riviera
  • Urban Decay Naked
  • Chanel (some combo palette with 4 eyeshadows, 2 lip colors & a blush that i forget the name of)
  • Chanel quad smoky eyes 
  • chanel quad shimmering dunes
  • dior five golds
  • stila it girl # 2
  • Nars Essential Eye Palette
  • Nars Night Series Palette
  • Smashbox Classifeyed
  • Guerlain 4 Seasons Bronzer (does this count?)
  • Sephora concealer palette
  • Make Up For Ever Flash Colors 
  • some mini lancome eyeshadow
  • Chanel lip quad from a few years back

and then i have quite a lot more eye shadow and blush duos and things. AH! this was a fun post though!

kimmi1115

@maltipoo  My mom has that Sephora palette, and I tried it out.  I was amazed at how pigmented they were.

@jxw200  How do you like the Stila It Girl palettes?  I've looked at them, and I thought they were cute and seemed like a good deal.  I think they would make cute lil gifts.

jxw200

@kimmi i wish i knew! I've given them as gifts before and that seems to have gone well! I've never used mine! 

lafemmetopaz

I have several palettes,  I'll start with my Urban Decay Palettes:

urban-decay-15-anniversary.jpg

Urban Decay Naked Palette.jpg

I use Naked, BOS III and 15th Anniv.  palettes frequently. I love the Book of Shadows III colors. There is no bad color in the palette. Loaded and Rockstar are gorgeous used either on the lid, crease or liner. The 15th Anni. palette was released in the summer 2011  but the palette was a forward thinking in regards to the colors for Fall 2011. The 15th Anniversary palette is wonderful, there are no bad colors in the colors, period. Evidence, Deep End, Chase, Flow, Deeper are universally good on all skin tones. I love using color and Junkshow is maybe my favorite shade, along with Mia.

I have the Sustainable Shadow Box and Ammo Palettes too, I don't use them as often. However, I do use some colors from each pallete; Sustainable - twice baked, kiddie pool, flipside and YDK./ In the Ammo palette- All the colors are great.

I have the Ammo and Sustainable shadow box too. I only use a few colors from the sustainable palette-grifter, shattered, mildew and maui wowie

I have the Tarte True Blood Palette too. I haven't used it much, but I think I need to just experiment with it. But I have used the tarte multi beneficial eye primer and I love it.

sephoramusthave

These are ALL of my palettes. :smileyvery-happy:

Urban Decay Ammo. This is not only my very first quality makeup purchase but it was also my VERY first Sephora purchase. I am on my second palette. The first one got almost completely used up (everything except the black).

Urban Decay Book of Shadows ( the very first one ever made, Vol. 1).

TheBalm Shady Lady Vol 2. I cant find an accurate pic of this palette online to save my life. This picture is the closest I could find to the real thing. The one smack in the middle is green, kind of like the UD mildew. The one next to the green on the right side is a lighter purple. The left 2 colors in the top row are not dark. *Sigh* I love this palette!

TheBalm Shady Lady Vol 3. The color in the middle here is a lighter green, the one next to this color on the right is a grey, and the one next to the blue on the right is a purple.

TheBalm Balmbini. This is amazing, it comes with 2 blushes, one luminizer, 2 eyeshadows, 1 lipstick and 1 lipgloss.

TheBalm Big Mama. Comes with the bahama mama bronzer, the hot mama blush and the sexy mama powder.

maltipoo66

The palettes I currently own are the Kat Von D Ludwig palette, the Sephora Colorful palette in Taupe Model, and the Too Faced Glamour to Go Pocket Palette.  I really want to get the Naked Palette sometime soon!

True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Ludwig

Likes: gorgeous colors, natural to dramatic looks, great shades to use as eyeliner (or over eyeliner), great quality

Dislikes: no matte shades, the little brushes that come with it are pretty useless (even though the colors are gorgeous)

Taupe Model 06

Likes: Pretty neutral shades, natural and dramatic looks, suggested looks on back

Dislikes: the coffee brown shade (under the gold shade) turns red on me, a little fallout with the grey/taupe shade (but it's a gorgeous color!)

Glamour To Go 2 Pocket Palette

Dislikes: lots of fallout, blush doesn't last very long on

Those are the palettes!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 37 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave