marydiva

You know you're addicted to makeup when...(fill in the blank!)

You know you're addicted to makeup when.... when you can recognize a makeup palette from a random friend's facebook picture! A girl I'm friends with on facebook posted a picture and I could swear - those colors looked so gosh darn familar! I knew I was looking at an eye makeup creation from the UD Glinda palette! I guessed right!

When did you ladies know you were addicted? Fill in the blank! I can't wait to see everyone's defining moments! 

missrmessner

Re: You know you're addicted to makeup when...(fill in the blank!)

You know you're addicted to makeup when you forgot to sign out of your Sephora account on a friend's computer, and she accusingly asks you "You have 446 points?!" the next time she visits the site. Then you remember that you've cashed in at least 600 points in the past 3 months.

warriorwitch

When your train of thought is not "I shouldn't get this palette/lipstick/blush/etc... I have no more room" but "Can I get a larger storage/organizer thing before said item gets here"

veronika23

hahahaha :smileyvery-happy:  That's what I was thinking this morning! :smileyvery-happy:

lovinglondon

Sephora/ Beautytalk is the first website you visit in the morning and the last one you check before bed.

kalex

[ Edited ]

... When the first (ok second - I made a cup of coffee) thing you do in the new year is get on Sephora to see if the sale items hanging out in your cart until "next year" are still there and buy them.  

veronika23

Nice!  I checked the sale section very fast when I woke up... and then BT :smileyvery-happy:

ladymeag

[ Edited ]

When you're sitting in the chair at your favorite brow salon (yes, I have one) and the lady in the chair next to you is describing a shade of eye shadow but can't remember the name and you helpfully supply the name and she thanks you. Then the name of the lipstick she can't quite remember the name of and she thanks you. And the release date for the palette she saw, after she asks :smileytongue: . She asked me if I worked for Sephora or a distribution company. 

The lady that does my brows just was kind of quiet until the other client left and said, "I think you know more about a bunch of the product lines we carry than I do." (They carry Anastasia brow products and I was asking if she'd be getting in the dip brow and wound up explaining the whole thing.) 

MissB417

-When your bf bought you an new ipad for christmas and the first thing you did was install the Sephora app

-When you cant look someone in the eye without studying their eye makeup

--You keep packaging because its too pretty to throw away (Vice 2 and TF Chocolate Bar - my GAWD)

-Your man strategically speed walks through Times Sq when with you, NYC. TSQ has TWO Sephoras...one of them is open until midinight!!

marydiva

Hahaha I keep packaging too! Naked3's packaging, I was about to toss out and then I stopped myself and stuck it on my already messy dresser. What can I say? I have a problem! 

smallpio

(0) Hearts

Oh, man, I have so much packaging right now. Naked3, Nars' Guy Bourdin, Tarte Aqualillies, etc. I have distant fantasies of collaging it all together in a frame and hanging it as bathroom art. 

leolion

OMG!  i just got home (3:22 pm), am drunk, and am laughing my **bleep** off reading these because I have been wondering if I need help lately since I feel i have become addicted to cosmetics!!!  I can so relate to all of you!  Happy New Year Rougeaholics!!!

Koofa

[ Edited ]

When your friend calls you to ask what promo codes to use :smileytongue:

annekevdb

When you can remember the good bonus codes from a year ago... and keep checking to see if they are back in stock.

MermaidBarbie

Good one! :smileyvery-happy:

DesertRose0706

When your Dad asks you when your subscription to Sephora ends...

When moving, the most important box is the box with all of your makeup in it. Screw the flat screen TV and the laptop, just don't drop the box with my makeup!

When you accumulate so many shipping boxes that you can't fit them all in the recycle bin at the same time...

When you fight with your cat because he won't quit stealing your makeup brushes...

ladymeag

I move my own makeup. I have a small stash of things I insist on moving myself, even when moving long distances or having professional movers handle everything else. I've moved cross-country eight times as an adult. My makeup, my perfume, my pets, and my personal ID documents all come with me. I have a vinyl record collection (and have since the mid-90s) and am less picky about how those are moved than the things I move myself. A friend of mine told me that her box with her makeup had been lost by her pro-movers and I was like, "What was your makeup doing in a box?!" I didn't realize that most folks didn't move that stuff personally. :smileyvery-happy: 

Teresaanne92

I thought my kittens were the only ones who do this! I keep 'decoy' brushes to distract them (Cheap white handle ELF ones) but the usually know when I'm doing my makeup because they sit beside me and swat at the brushes I'm using instead of playing with the other ones! -.- hahaha It's too cute though!

ilovetopurplefy

[ Edited ]

When your older cousins who are ages 23-26  come over to check out your collection every time they come home and asking for makeup advice and how to properly do everything all the time even though they complain and tell me I have a problem. :smileyhappy: 

When your mom asks you to do her brows every morning and her nails every other day during the time that you're at home. :smileyhappy:

When your best friend whose first time wearing makeup was prom, asks you what makeup should she wear everyday and what products to use. 

When your brothers and dad love going into Sephora with you because it smells good.

When people zone out or ignore you when you start rambling about makeup and skincare.

When my dad says to tone down bold lipsticks, and I completely ignore his requests cuz it's "in trend."

When random people tell you they love your brows or lipstick and ask you what they are and for you to write a list so they can go get them.

When people come into Sephora looking for China Glaze, OPI, CoverGirl, Maybelline, etc, and you tell them they have to go to Walmart, Target, Ulta, and Sally's. Then when you give them alternatives sold at Sephora, they balk at the prices and tell you you're insane for spending $23 on a mascara.

When the SAs at Sephora and the MUAs at MAC know your name and know you so well that once they see you, they say hello and immediately start pulling out new products or current products that you've never tried before that  they think you might like.

JenJenz

- When the UPS guy asks if you work for Sephora....sure, sure, that's it :smileywink:

- When every Christmas gift you gave to someone was packed in a little brown Sephora box 

- When you're husband knows the names of all your fave Youtube beauty gurus and knows way more than they should about makeup

- When you ask for a pretend Sephora "giftcard" (aka:cash for sephora) because you want to get the points for the purchase (Note: I only asked this of my closest family members, lol)

- When you take out all of your palettes, blushes, lippies etc, just to look at how pretty they are and then re-organize them 

marydiva

This cracked me up! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 320 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • marydiva
    • drrragon