drrragon

You know you're a makeup junkie when....

[ Edited ]

1.  You see this poster and your first thoughts are:

a) nice swatches!    I could use a lipstick that color.    -- or --

b) beautyblenders come in red now??

20130129_171021.jpg

waterbaby1981

Re: You know you're a makeup junkie when....

(0) Hearts

This is why I save mini Clinique three step cleanser, toner and moisturizers, plus the travel sizes of moisture surge and exfoliating scrub and a lip balm.  They're all in a small zippered bag that was stashed in my hospital bag when I had Ashley and was able to wash my face.  Makeup wipes are also a wonderful thing.  When we fly to Idaho the makeup I take will have to be packed in the checked bag though...have to take the stuffed diaper bag and pump bag onto the plane with us as our carryons plus the stroller and carseat checked at the gate!

drrragon

[ Edited ]

You Know You're A Makeup Junkie When ....

3.  You wake up in a panic in the middle of the night and check the UD website to see if the now-$19 Mariposa palette has sold out yet....only after that can you fall back asleep.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I've been drying to HOLD OFF on the deluxe pallate, I already have one in my client/freelancing kit, but gosh those shadows!!! 

janinebt

It would be really cool if they did make special edition beauty blenders. Perhaps different colors for different causes? They could donate proceeds to charities.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lylysa

That's an awesome idea about the pairing with charities!

drrragon

i would SO buy a leopard-print one!!!

catscantalk

there is a cheaper alternative to the beauty blender that you can buy at tj maxx for about 4 dollars !! its is made of the same material and everything.

dianabt

How funny, I still have yet to TRY a Beauty Blender! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

Sonia Kashuk makes a near dupe of it available at Target! I've found it to be the closest match to the BB sponge out of brands like Ulta and Elizabeth Arden.

Hannico

Oh my gosh, so sad to admit this is true!  (But hey, from the thumbnail you really can't see the text.)

Hannico

Oops, I meant to say the Red Cross logo.  You can see the text!

drrragon

[ Edited ]

You Know You're A Makeup Junkie When ....

2.  When you're packing for a trip, your toilettries/makeup kit takes up more room in your suitcase than your clothes!

lylysa

Very true! Even if it's a weekend bag, I end up skimping on space for clothes because I'll normally wear the same pants or skirt but pack underwear and maybe one other top, the rest is my toiletry bag and cosmetics! It's gotten so bad now that I take a later toiletry bag that can even fit my extra top inside!

prettyinpa

And that quart size liquids bag you're allowed to take on a plane, Ridiculous! By the time you fit in full size stuff that you can't decant or put into a little jar (like stuff in a sealed pump bottle), there isn't room for my special toothpaste or real essentials! If I'm travelling for a week it's a real hardship because I hate buying full size stuff at my destination and having to throw it out nearly full because I couldn't fit into my carry on. :smileysad:

ChicDabbler

I save all the eye cream jars, so when I travel everything is in sephora sample and eye cream jars (aside from toner in mini toner bottles, everything else can be put into jars). There's travel size toothpaste, but if you have a special one, the best I can tell you is use it until there's only 1/3 left, then save it for traveling.

ps. I find that they don't really mind if lip balms and hand lotions are not in the liquids bag. *cough*

MoreGun89

Noticed the same thing, they seem to get grouchy at me about lotions, TECHNICALLY a balm isn't a liquid or gel :smileytongue:  Which allows more carry space.  And if you have your quart bag, in a bigger clear makeup bag, they let you straight through. 

I tend to carry a jar of tea with me when I fly as well, it's kind of an awesome distraction :smileywink:

ChicDabbler

Yeah! hear hear, salves and balm that resides in my bag by default are sometimes "forgotten" when I put together my liquids kit.

They used to be super picky (made me throw away a new 3.4oz sunscreen because the regulation back then was 3oz, and got mad at me for using a clear bag instead of a clear ziploc bag with the zipper on top). I do find if I act all bright and cheery, it have a positive influence (and sometimes help lax) on the services I get in different places (altho it takes effort since I'm usually sarcastic with half a whatevs attitude).

ChicDabbler

I thought of Peter Thomas Roth red line (regenerator/resurfacer) because it have dragon's blood in it.

*cough* Hi, my name is BeautyTester and I'm a skincare addict. 0.0

melissabt

SO TRUE! From far away it totally looks like that:smileyhappy: I think it would be great also if they came out with limited edition shades.

<3 Melissa
prettyinpa

How about leopard or animal print Beauty Blenders?  I'm such a sucker for that, I have been known to buy shadow or blush palettes because they have leopard pattern (Too Faced Leopard Love, Pink Leopard and Peach Leopard, I'm looking at you!)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • waterbaby1981
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • drrragon
    • catscantalk