Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

YOUR BEAUTY GOALS: 2017 !!

so i was just talking to my coworker about how, whether or not i like it, i always feel stronger--like i can tackle the world better--if i'm feeling good about myself physically. this led to us talking about our "beauty goals" of the new year, how we want to refresh ourselves, what image we want to project onto the world, etc. so, with that in mind, what are your goals this year ? 

disclaimer, though i doubt it's necessary because we're all lovely: one person's goal may be the polar opposite of another person's goal and that is ok ! it's not to diminish what other's want to achieve. i think it's key to keep this in mind, particularly in the age of instagram beauty one-upping, if that makes sense ?

1. more minimal makeup. not necessarily less product on my face, but just a more toned down, chic, light hand and vibe. 
  2. keep hair as healthy as possible, but let it go wild. i will be compensating the more light handed makeup with unashamedly ginormous unkempt hair ! 
  3. spend less money on makeup, but i'm ok with spending (what i can) on skincare. i'm working on decluttering my collection, just a bit, and i'm happy to spend time really using and loving the things i have. 
  4. get new glasses that i love, wear more regularly to give my poor eyeballs a break. 
  5. but still go full-on out of this world avant garde glam if i want to. my point being: no reason to be self conscious in 2017 !

i'll add more below if i think of any. how about you guys ? super eager to hear what everyone's goals and thoughts are........

Re: YOUR BEAUTY GOALS: 2017 !!

Awesome goals @NikkoBT!  Best of luck to you!  ❤️

1. Maintain a consistent skin and hair care routine.

2. Shop my stash! I have so many great products that I forget about under all my new stuff. So I want to be consistently shopping what I already own before looking for new products. 

Yes to "shop my stash"!   I am totally working on that one, too!  @NotCrocker

@Tamara76 It's a tough one to remember to do! But whenever I do, I am always delighted to rediscover old favourites. 

My 2017 Goals are as follows:

1. Spend less money on make up and just use up what I currently have, which means I will be able to save up more money.

2. Take my own nail polish to the salon, so I can use them up more (I have a lot). 

3. Focus more on skin care over make up

4. Not make rouge next year, because spending $1k or more has not really paid off. Plus it makes my bank account sad. haha 

5. Save more money to travel 

Dear @jemly

I hope you don't mind me sharing this here.  It may seem non-beauty related, but it is to me.  It complements my ongoing goals.  

Today I was reminded of it, so wanted to share.

Stress is ageing.  Empowerment is acne free.  

history.jpg

@greenchilli, "Empowerment is acne free" LOL I love it!!!!

XOXO,
Marieke

@greenchilli you crack. me. up.

my goal is to start using the nail polish i've been buying, i use it one time and then i forget about it. my nails look healthy, i just never apply nail polish to them but i keep buying it. so I want to start using them up.

I have a serious nail polish hoarding problem, myself....☹️  Great goal @Blackwhiskey!

to follow in haleyhale's footsteps: i've achieved one of my goals too ! i think this thread and the fun inspiration it served put the fire under my butt to expedite this process: i got new glasses ! my first new pair since 2009. went to the eye dr, got a new updated prescription, the whole shebang. super happy !

i want to encourage everyone to talk about their achieved goals here, if they'd like to. i like the idea of keeping this thread going.

glasses.jpg

What's the name of that frame @jemly?

@liv545 thank you ! they're the stocktons--designed for narrower/smaller faces. which is one reason why i love warby parker--i can find frames that actually fit my face !!

@jemly thank you thank you! This thread was just the jumpstart I needed. I just placed my order for the free at home trial and stocktons were in the set. I'll post for opinions when they come in. I actually heard about Warby Parker last year from my husband. Rick plays EVE Online and I guess the guy who owns Warby Parker does too so Rick was saying I should check it out and I never did because I thought it would be more of a hassle than it was.  So yay!!!

@jemly They're really quite fantastic!

@jemlyThose frames are ahmazing!!! I went and did the whole finding new contacts last year. They discontinued the ones I'd been using for at least a decade and I was having really bad reactions to all the new ones. I finally found some great ones (of course they were the most expensive) so I've put off buying new glasses as a result. I haven't gotten new ones in 4 years but I love! your frames! 

Love your glasses, @jemly! I am also on the hunt for new glasses, where did you get yours? I am basically legally blind and love wearing glasses but my lenses are so thick they stick out of the frames (nerd alert)! Definitely time to turn them in for some new ones! 🙂 

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna

@ZannaBT they're warby parker !  thank you !!

Hehe, I'm back to look at your picture again😅 What can I say, those glasses are so super flattering on you.  Or you're flattering the glasses.

you look amazing!

They really suit you! Such a great look!

testing