Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

YOUR BEAUTY GOALS: 2017 !!

so i was just talking to my coworker about how, whether or not i like it, i always feel stronger--like i can tackle the world better--if i'm feeling good about myself physically. this led to us talking about our "beauty goals" of the new year, how we want to refresh ourselves, what image we want to project onto the world, etc. so, with that in mind, what are your goals this year ? 

disclaimer, though i doubt it's necessary because we're all lovely: one person's goal may be the polar opposite of another person's goal and that is ok ! it's not to diminish what other's want to achieve. i think it's key to keep this in mind, particularly in the age of instagram beauty one-upping, if that makes sense ?

1. more minimal makeup. not necessarily less product on my face, but just a more toned down, chic, light hand and vibe. 
  2. keep hair as healthy as possible, but let it go wild. i will be compensating the more light handed makeup with unashamedly ginormous unkempt hair ! 
  3. spend less money on makeup, but i'm ok with spending (what i can) on skincare. i'm working on decluttering my collection, just a bit, and i'm happy to spend time really using and loving the things i have. 
  4. get new glasses that i love, wear more regularly to give my poor eyeballs a break. 
  5. but still go full-on out of this world avant garde glam if i want to. my point being: no reason to be self conscious in 2017 !

i'll add more below if i think of any. how about you guys ? super eager to hear what everyone's goals and thoughts are........

Re: YOUR BEAUTY GOALS: 2017 !!

@Asche Your number 1 goal is totally what I need to do!   I really want to focus on taking stock of all my makeup so I don't overspend this year - I need to seriously lose my palette addiction!

@Tamara76 I have a palette addiction as well. Last year I told myself I wouldn't buy any more...and I ended up buying seven! 😐 (Eight if you count the PB&J palette that's currently in the mail, haha). They're just so darn pretty. 

2017 goals:

1. Not dress in the dark again.  I owe it to all children everywhere.

2.  Spend some of my pooches' college fund on regular facials.  I don't think they are college material.

3. Redo my organization.

4. Am one year older.  Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

5.  Be more selective in everything, beauty and otherwise.  This isn't just a 2017 goal as much as an ongoing process.  ETA: This is actually a life goal.  Stress -> angry skin.  Hence this is listed in my beauty goals.

Hahaha!  College is so overrated anyways! 😂

OMG #1 and #2 - lol!  😂

I am really feeling #5  - I have so much stuff that I really don't need - I really need to be more selective in what I buy, but I agree it is a process and won't be easy.   Good luck to you!

1. Stop caring what people think about what I wear, my makeup, hair..etc. High school is a tough time but if you feed into the negativity it makes it tougher! 

2. Filter out soda. I find myself drinking Shirley Temples far more often than I need to be. Water and coffee only! 

3. Hit pan on some of my makeup. I have SO much that I switch in between, and I need to hit pan on a few instead of buying more. 

4. Taking care of my hair and skin! 

@SRBobal #1 is a toughie, but it is so liberating to stop worrying what other people think!  

#2 O.k.  I think a Shirley Temple addiction is adorable!  🙂    But I get the health aspect - good luck!

I'm trying to grow out my natural hair color.  My hair is just so fine and frail and I think that having it blonde doesn't help.  It's already out about 3-4 inches, so I have a long way to go, but come on ashy brown hair!

Also I aim to only spend MAX $100 per month on beauty products.  I can only go over if I run out of something which is a necessity for me.

Good luck with your hair goals!

I made the mistake of letting my mom's hairdresser give me layers several years back and I am still trying to get it all grown out to one length.  Layers just don't work on me because my hair is both wavy and fine, and haircolor and blow drying/straightening don't help, but I'm terrified to let my hairdresser cut it all shoulder length.  Lots of little trims, deep conditionig treatments and supplements in the meantime.

@sabrinas Good luck with the hair growing! 🙂 I spent three years growing out black dye, and it was no easy task (quite honestly it was horrific). At least with blonde it will probably end up looking like a beautiful, intentional ombre. 😉

Hah well thankfully I got ombre done last year and the root color was just my own color, so it will grow out nicely!

1) use up a lot of my beauty stash. So go on a low buy for the year. Only buy things I need to replenish or have saved for or finished enough product to justify. 

2) do my hair more often, I wash every other day but don't always heat style it and need to do it more often. It makes me feel pretty so yeah why not 💋.

3) Invest more time and effort into my wardrobe. I feel like since I became a mom I spend much less time shopping and lots of my clothes have worn out or simply didn't work for me. I took this online class about learning to dress for your body and I really need to implement more of the concepts. 

4) get back on the fitness focus I was on prior to the holidays. I try not to hate my body because it's done amazing things like brought life into the world lol. Feeling blah about myself lately. But working out makes me feel good! I don't need to beat myself up for taking a day off. 

5) Eat healthy. Decrease my sugar intake dramatically. I'm hoping to go sugar free in my coffee 🙀. Eat way more fruits and veggies daily. 

@jen81. These are all fantastic, yet realistic goals.  You've got this, girl!   Good luck! 😘

Ahhh shucks! I try to keep it real @Tamara76 hopefully I will do these things....at least I've got the next year 😝

1. use up products on the use it or lose it list
  2. do not purchase any eye liner
  3. only purchase products that i truly want and will use - no falling for the hype!
  4. use up primers, concealers - only purchase new ones when there are 2 or less in either category
  5. use up foundations - only purchase new foundations if there are 3 or less
  6. use up single shadows - do not purchase more
  7. do not purchase lip liners or lip gloss
  8. rotate through products
  9. declutter things i don't love
  10. i recently updated my inventory and discovered i have 477 - literally lip products (liners, primers, glosses, lip crayons, lipsticks, liquid lipsticks) so #10 should really be don't buy any lip product...but ain't no sparkle got time for that!

I love how specific these are @sparklekai!    I agree with most of these and would have to add "do not purchase any mascara" to my list!   I keep adding new deluxe samples from gwps and promos, yet still keep buying full sized tubes - must resist! 

i learned i can't be vague with myself or i give myself too much wiggle room 😛 and then i buy all the things!

1. Number one beauty goal is to just not hate myself every time I look in the mirror or get dressed or look on IG. It takes so much energy, and for what? I want to stop comparing myself to Instagram girls. I also need to stop picking at my face and hands where the skin isn't perfect.

2. Get a friggin haircut. Dye it darrrk.

3. Keep my vanity clean and organized. 

4. Do more face masks with my mom.

5. Try glitters and glitter liner.

6. Help my boyfriend find an easy skincare routine he actually likes and will do regularly.

7. Stop being afraid/intimidated/anxious when I walk into a luxury makeup store or counter. 

1- I know how you feel about hating looking at yourself in the mirror. But to me, you are one of the most beautiful and cutest/adorable ladies I have ever seen. And let me tell you, I look at/have seen a lot of models. (Because I love photography, not a creepy stalker I promise.) You are indeed a natural beauty. 

@ShannonAlexis You are so beautiful, girl!   Don't let any Instagram illusion let you feel bad about yourself!  You are perfectly perfect in every way!

I hope when my daughter is older that she has a goal like your #4!  So sweet! 😍

But darling, you are a true natural beauty!  You're the Disney princess every girl wants to be!  

I love that mom bonding time is included in your list!  

testing