Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

YOUR BEAUTY GOALS: 2017 !!

so i was just talking to my coworker about how, whether or not i like it, i always feel stronger--like i can tackle the world better--if i'm feeling good about myself physically. this led to us talking about our "beauty goals" of the new year, how we want to refresh ourselves, what image we want to project onto the world, etc. so, with that in mind, what are your goals this year ? 

disclaimer, though i doubt it's necessary because we're all lovely: one person's goal may be the polar opposite of another person's goal and that is ok ! it's not to diminish what other's want to achieve. i think it's key to keep this in mind, particularly in the age of instagram beauty one-upping, if that makes sense ?

1. more minimal makeup. not necessarily less product on my face, but just a more toned down, chic, light hand and vibe. 
  2. keep hair as healthy as possible, but let it go wild. i will be compensating the more light handed makeup with unashamedly ginormous unkempt hair ! 
  3. spend less money on makeup, but i'm ok with spending (what i can) on skincare. i'm working on decluttering my collection, just a bit, and i'm happy to spend time really using and loving the things i have. 
  4. get new glasses that i love, wear more regularly to give my poor eyeballs a break. 
  5. but still go full-on out of this world avant garde glam if i want to. my point being: no reason to be self conscious in 2017 !

i'll add more below if i think of any. how about you guys ? super eager to hear what everyone's goals and thoughts are........

Re: YOUR BEAUTY GOALS: 2017 !!

Ditto on #5! I am drastically cutting down on the number of GWPs I acquire. I *hate* having a ton of samples that I know I won't use. I'm realizing that I'd rather have one sample I really want (like a Sephora promo code) than a bag full that I will probably end up tossing (Ulta).

1. I am going to use the makeup that I already have instead of buying more.

2. Improve my makeup application skills. So as much as I *hate* watching YouTube videos, I think I need to start finding some good tutorials.

3. Though I guess this ties into the first one, I want to stop "saving" things for later/a rainy day/when I'm 20 lbs. lighter, etc.. Sometimes I am reluctant to use certain things that I really like, which is kind of silly. So, I'm going to put my good perfume and lipstick on, even if I'm spending the day doing laundry or whatever. 🙂

If you find anyone good to watch for makeup tutorials, let me know! I actually love watching YouTube videos, but I watch a lot of people who mainly do hauls. I would love to find more channels filled with really great tutorials that encourage me to be more creative with what I already own instead of buying more.

I'm also in on #3 - I need to just wear what I have! This goes for clothes too. I recently did a big clean out and it was ridiculous how much cute stuff I have that I keep "saving." 

OMG #3 is so me!!! I am saving my "good" stuff hahaha I say this all the time and I said the same thing to myself even when I am washing dishes I will use/wear my good stuff!! Because it is just sitting there if I dont! 

I love these goals! Use what you love and already have. I also need to watch more application tutorials and would like to take a makeup class at Sephora this year.

I do #3 ALL THE TIME.  and then it never gets used.

Me, too! It's not even all high-end stuff that I save. Then I end up forgetting I have it or it goes bad and then I get mad at myself. So I'm going to actually use the things that make me happy from now on. 

Ummm, Beauty goals!

I just want to be able to sit on my hair......but, that is not really up to me!!!  

Maybe it will finally happen in 2017!!!  ;')

HAIR.gif

@wheeeee  YESSSSSSSSSSSS me tooooooo!! Rapunzel!! 😄

hahahahah!  @jen143xo

Hahah, my #1 beauty goal this year is the opposite of yours! I'm about to cut it off for Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths, and it can't happen any sooner! I've had it this long multiple times in my life before cutting for donation, and I think this may be the longest it's been? It's past my waist this time, and I'm just not handling it well, haha!

This is so beautiful @e4stofthesun

If can go grow long hair but don't want to deal with it......donation is best!!!! You have such a good heart.  

@wheeeee Lmfao my hair is waist length and I get irritated when it gets caught between my back and my seat I can only imagine sitting on it!

@StephaniLynn  Flip it over your shoulder!  hahahaha!  

1. Stop picking at my skin!

2. No impulse buying, shop my stash more

3. Work on eyeliner for my eye shape

4. Change up my hair, take better care of it in general

5. Moisturize everything! 

6. Drink more water and eat more veggies! 

Good luck everyone on your New Years resolutions and congratulations on making it through 2016! Phew, was a rough one. 

1. Step out of my comfort zone in the makeup sense. Try a smoky eye. Try line my eyes more. 

2. Love myself more. Though I've just begun my journey to slim down I really do need to love my current self more.

3. Spend less on things...more on experiences. 

#3 is awesome. I really need to start doing that too.

I really like your #3

My beauty goals for 2017. 

1. Go organic 100% with food. Grass fed meats , good produce, fresh foods. 

2. Cut out  ( down?)champagne and vodka . I LOVE champagne and go out a few nights a week socially to dinner and drinks. This is gonna be very very hard. 

3. Use what I have and stop saving it for a better time. This goes for bags, jewelry, clothes too. I tend to hoard and I really should be using what I have and be grateful  

4. Be content, happy and patient. Be a kind person and make others happy. A good soul makes everyone gorgeous! 

Ah me too on saving what I have for the right time or a better time.  What am I waiting on?  I really want to use all the things I have and I am going to try to track this month that I am using more variety.

Is there an attitude/perception that if you used your own things too much that it is somehow not view as a good thing?  I don't know if I am explaining this right.

For the last 10 years, I have enjoyed using/wearing the same things.  Instead of looking at 50  'barely touched' items, it is more satisfying to wear something out and then say.....it has been fun, now you must go in the trash. Start all over again with a new item.  

My point is....Use your things!!!!!  Wear them out. Then toss them.

I have no idea how we became a society of hoarders!!! Afraid to use our own things. hhahhaha!

17 Replies
testing