Would you consider this palette hoarding?

heartsmyface

Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

etscore1

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

Cool, thanks for the info :smileyhappy: 

almostyou

Oooo I love that blouse...dress? whatever it is, I love it. :smileyhappy:

meagboho

Kate Spade blouse! Husband got it for me for christmas at TJMaxx and I've been waiting til summer to wear it! 

almostyou

Nice job, Husband! It's fabulous!

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Thanks, it was $20!!! We couldn't NOT get it. It was my stocking stuffer...

LadyInWhite

And extra props for taking your picture with a phone that's got the LE Too Faced Chocolate Bar case!

meagboho

Thanks Lady :smileyhappy:

Smokey123

Hi, etscore1. I'm probably a bad one to respond regarding the the Naked palettes. Lol!!! I started with Basics -- loved it. Then I looked at the rest of the Naked palettes and said 'I only want the Naked 3. I love the colors and I have The Chocolate Bar so I should be fine.' Fast forward a couple weeks after getting 3 -- ok I love it, now I want the first one. Got it! Used it for awhile -- ok now I HAVE to have 2. Got it! This is my story of how I ended up with all four. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but they are all now in my possession. Go figure. Btw, I'm hearing rumors of a Naked 4. I'm not sure if it's true, but if it is, what are the chances that it will end up in my makeup bag too?!

I've been sarcastically poking fun at myself in this post, however, all the Naked palettes are terrific. 2 is my least favorite, but I've got no complaints about it. I just reach for the others first. You won't go wrong with whatever you decide.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the feedback! What is your skin tone and eye/hair color if I might ask? 

I am so weary for some reason about my coloring and the rose shades of the 3... but everywhere it says rose shades are great for blue eyes. 

Smokey123

(0) Hearts

Actually, judging by your picture, we'd probably match up fairly well. I have blondish/very light brown hair, when it's natural. (I tend to lighten it to hide the gray and take it back to its color when I was younger.) :smileyhappy: My eyes are blue -- my best friend said that they are the color of hyacinths, if that gives you an idea. My skin is somewhat fair and very normal. The only thing I'll add regarding the Naked 3 was that the first time I used it, I looked bruised/tired.  However, that was user error and not the palettes fault. I only had that happen once. I'm able to use all the Nakeds and I like them all. (Today is a Naked Basic day.) I don't really limit myself based on eye color or skin, but I also use liners to accentuate the color of my eyes.  

etscore1

(0) Hearts

That sounds about right! I have light skin with neutral/slightly cool undertones, light blue eyes and light brown hair. 

I definitely worry about that bruised/tired look and seem to see a lot of blue eyed women having the same concerns about the rose hues for that exact reason. Good to hear that it's not an issue when done right!

Smokey123

(0) Hearts

You just may want to experiment a bit to find out what's right for you. I can understand being tired of pinks, but the N3 is a pretty versatile palette.  As a side note, I used the N3 for my niece's wedding with shades of violet liners.  (My dress was mauve.) I got a lot of compliments and was really pleased by the pictures I've seen so far.  You'll have to post what you decide -- I'll be curious. :smileyhappy: 

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Despite looking at those palettes for hours (probably literally if I added up all the time!) online, I finally looked at them in person when I ran into Sephora today. I was trying to be quick for the sake of my boyfriend (who I told I only needed to run in and look at one thing - which quickly turned into 5 things - but we were still out in record time) so I didn't really do anything other than look and hold.

But despite LOVING 2's shades online, I feel fairly confident that if I end up buying one, it will be Naked 1. 

Unfortunately that still doesn't solve my problem with needing a palette of versatile matte shades. Not sure if Naked Basics will fill that void or something else. 

Smokey123

(0) Hearts

You won't go wrong with the Naked 1. I love my Basics and frequently use it, but I'm also looking at getting Too Faced Matte Shadow palette. Maybe that one would interest you. Kudos to your boyfriend for going to Sephora with you. Although my husband would go with me, his patience would wear thin quickly which would then try my patience. It would be a vicious cycle! Lol!!!

etscore1

What I really wanted to see was what color La Creme shade I bought last night since I hadn't tested any of them in person. He was happy with my choice. 

And yes, I know I'm lucky. But I did say walking in, "I just need to look at ONE thing..." and before I even could get through that sentence I was all, "TWO THINGS! JUST TWO THINGS I PROMISE!"

Which turned into "One more real quick..." haha...

I'm a little sad because I love the look of 2 online, and it's possible I could still change when I actually swatch a few... and 1 isn't on the top of my list - the matte shade/shades/palette is actually more of a priority. 

Smokey123

(0) Hearts

By liners, I meant colors like blue, purples, greens. Nothing too heavy handed -- I'm forty-something and pretty conservative. Just enough to set them off a bit.

czikimonkey

Love your collection! I see you like Too Faced ;p 

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Just a teensy bit :smileyhappy:

RandeeBT

Great collection, meagboho! :smileyhappy: I can't live without my Too Faced Natural Eyes palette! :heart:

Best,
Randee
meagboho

(0) Hearts

Me either!

SDdenm

Me too!! I buy one and days later Im already itching for the new stuff to be released.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 362 replies
  • 725 hearts
  • 95 in conversation
    • samvad
    • panage2000
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki