Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

Don't be jealous, but this is my palette collection! 😊

IMG_20150729_132048.jpg

I love the Hourglass!

I love it too :smileyhappy: 

[ Edited ]

Hey, gotta start somewhere! :-) How do you like your Hourglass palette? I'm thinking of getting their 2015 Holiday palette and have heard pretty good things about the brand, but I haven't had the chance to trial their blushes yet.

These blushes are awesome! You can really tell the difference between the three different colors and they blend beautifully. I highly recommend them :smileyhappy: 

Awesome, thank you!

This is such a fun thread! :smileyhappy:

Here are some of my lovelies (please pardon the bad lighting):

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

This was actually a fun way to go through all my palettes - some of which I had totally forgotten!  I find myself reaching for the Nakeds or Chocolate Bar almost everyday, so I need to rotate more!

I also didn't include all my singles, doubles, triples or most of my drawer full of Clinique, Lancome and Estee Lauder GWP mini palettes - I'll wait until someone starts a thread for those :smileywink:.

I just saw a 30 day lipstick challenge, was thinking maybe they should do a 30 day palette challenge lol

Very impressive collection!

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  The downside is that I am totally running out of storage space... :smileyhappy:

Ahhh, the suffering :smileywink: . Great collection!

I am such a sucker for palettes! So hard to resist the pretties!

image.jpg

(0) Hearts

Ooh, you snagged an Aqualilies palette. Nice collection!

(0) Hearts

I love your collection! We have similar tastes in palettes. :-)

[ Edited ]

I love large makeup collections. Usually just to watch videos of them.  For myself I prefer a moderate collection as I won't wear most of it most of the time and won't get the use I should.  As long as you are showing them some love I think having palettes is fun! Excluding quints and quads, I have around 14, though they aren't really justifiable for me as I wear mostly my jobs brand of makeup. It's tough to stop collecting.  I'm definitely influenced by you tube and my workplace and a total consumer.  I did have one palette from Sigma, the Sigma Resort palette go bad after like 2 years which is a shame.  Some powder eye shadows last some time and some don't.  Haven't cracked that mystery yet.  I consistently declutter, as is the you-tube trend. Also by decluttering you can assure you are using things you love instead of constantly rotating things that are so-so. Decluttering is a must for consumers, especially if you want to continue buying all this stuff.  Below I do have the original TF chocolate bar and some stila palettes depoted as well as some other mixed brands. 2 of these were gwp:smileyhappy: Most are either discontined or limited edition.

IMG_0283.JPG

I'm such a sucker for palettes!  I had to purge a few after realizing that I just didn't use as many of them as I should, so I gave some to friends & family.  These are the ones that I've ended up keeping:

IMG_0618.JPG

What is on the right next to Tarte (mermaid, perhaps)?  I am intrigued.  :smileyhappy:

Also - I am dying for your NARS Andy Warhol palette!  Love, Love, Love!!!!

That's the Disney Ariel Sephora palette I believe

Yup, that's the full-sized Ariel palette!

Envying your Romancing the Glow palette!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments