Would you consider this palette hoarding?

Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

Aww, what a touching story about your son. I'm glad he is doing better and that you found a way to nurture yourself as a mom. I have four kids and none have special needs, but I've been mommying for 13 years and it is truly a difficult job. Makeup and skin care is my way of pampering myself a little bit, plus I enjoy it with my one dd (the rest are boys).

(0) Hearts

Thank you! Agreed on the pampering. I love me some "self pampering" time! =0)

I took these pictures a few days before I received my new precious, so I am just attaching that at the end.  I also took them for a different purpose than this thread, so sorry some pictures have singles.  If there are any palettes at all, AKA items with two or more shades of something, I am attaching it.

Blush and Highlighters 1.jpg

Eyeshadows Singles through tris.jpg

Face .jpg

Face and Bronzers.jpg

Palettes, Eyeshadows.jpg

Palettes, Mixed Products.jpg

Haul 111714.jpg

Wow! This is a super mega collection! Smiley Happy Which do you find you turn to the most, and which the least?

(0) Hearts

I do not wear makeup often, so the truthful answer is I turn to nothing a lot.  I have so many things in those pictures that have never even been used once or have been used once or twice.  

Some of the items not pictured are the items I used most: like my brow pencil, brow gel, mascara, mascara primer and lip balms.

Of the items in the picture I use the most of: Juice Beauty CC cream (so natural looking), the Lancome Renergie foundation, the Lancome concealer and the Hourglass lighting palette (Dim Infusion only).

What's in the silver/gold palettes (the ones with white circles)?

Those are Elzabeth Arden palettes (8 shadows, a blush and a highlighter in each) from the 2014 Holiday Blockbuster.  They are pretty nice, too, so I am glad I was talked into buying them.  I got all of this stuff for $49.50.

Haul 111314.jpg

What they look like inside:

Elizabeth Arden PWP.jpg

Heehee my bad Smiley Wink

You mean, you're good!

Oh wow! That's way better than the Estee Lauder blockbuster I bought. Did you have to purchase a fragrance (or something else) before you could purchase this?

(0) Hearts

I bought it at Herberger's without a PWP as well.

Chiming in, I got mine on Macy's mobile and didn't have to make a purchase to purchase. 

What is that round too faced dotted product? 

I got that in a trade with MK89.  I sent her a deluxe sample of Laura Mercier highlighting powder and a spatula (for getting stuff out of beauty jars) for this.  It is a blush on one side and two shadows on the other.  It is all right. Nothing to write home about, but she loves the highlighter and I had an extra.  I just sent the spatula as a bonus, because I had an extra of that as well.

It's very purdy..... Feel like opening it up for a peek?Smiley Wink 

[ Edited ]

Can't now, because everyone is sleeping.  Here is an online shot of it (in the kit I believe she got it in) though.

Too-Faced-All-I-Want-for-Christmas-Set.jpg

[ Edited ]

Ahh, there!!!  That's what I wanted to seeSmiley Happy. Smiley Wink sitting in the dark chatting about makeup?  

The good ole days where we talked all night.  I am sick, so I am having a hard time falling asleep despite the fact that I actually have to get up early in the morning.

[ Edited ]

Oh darn, I fell asleep for a bit there and could have been chatting with you!  I'm going to try pretending to sleep til at least 8am.  I hope you actually got some sleep.  NightSmiley Happy

*-* - When my collection grows up, it wants to be like yours!  I love everything and the new precious!

Ah, and I love seeing all the Lancôme! I feel like I'm the only person around here who actually really likes the brand. I find it funny that people often call it an "old lady" brand, at least in my expereience it's a brand enjoyed by everyone. (But info coming for me is not realiable, because I come from Brazil where those brands are considered luxury, costing about 2.5 or 3 times more than in the USA, and I guess here in Montreal people from all age wear the brand, it's sold in every drug store and we have a L'Oreal warehouse sale that happens twice every years and includes products from most brands that belong to L'Oreal, including Lancôme. (I'm glad I didn't get tickets this year because I'm broke! LOL)

I bought a Lancome Palette for my 19 year-old au pair for her birthday; She loves it Smiley Happy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments