Would you consider this palette hoarding?

heartsmyface

Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

MarciaBrady

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

It's only hoarding if it's not organized and well kept. When they're as beautiful and neatly arranged as yours are it's called a collection. Collecting is a legit pursuit.

Just curious - with so many amazing ones to choose from, which is your fave/go-to? They're all so pretty!

LCResz

I just reorganized my eyeshadow palettes after a recent haul and figured I'd bring this thread back! 

image.jpg

heartsmyface

Oh wow!  You opened them all up for their glam shot!!   I have passed by those stila palettes so many times and almost purchased the four 'in the...' Palettes  do you like the consistency of them? 

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I really like Stila, the formulas are buttery soft and blend well, but some of the colors really neyed to be packed on to get good payoff. Honestly though, Pacifica's Enlighten has become my go to palette, I just love the colors and the ethics of the brand!

ballerinagrl

Super Wow!!!

Masaya

(0) Hearts

I love your collection!!

panage2000

Rookie hoarder.  

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Bring it!  :smileyvery-happy:  Pulling em out for a photo gives you a chance to sanitize and take inventory as well so it's basically multi tasking which is never a bad thing:smileyhappy: 

meagboho

Hey Panage, if you are such a Beauty Buff, show us your guns :smileywink:

imbeautiful

My husband never complains. He did make one remark a couple years ago while he was joking around. I then counted how many game systems he had, how many games he had and all of the accessories he had for his multiple systems. He never said another word lol really though he was kidding and knows that I have a great deal of guilt when I purchase anything for myself especially since I've been sick. So now it's him saying... Hey honey let's stop by sephora and pick up xyz. He's sweet and knows I will only buy every great while and when I can I purchase when items is on sale only.   I mostly get new make up around my birthday or a holiday. I don't normally purchase much In between them times.  I also save up gift cards from birthday or holidays and spend them all at one time or when a big sale is going on. So I might do a haul that looks crazy but had saved gift cards for half a year or more to do so.

ballerinagrl

I should probably add: He knew me ten years ago when I collected every last Dior 5-color Palette released over a five year period, but I used them to death, and now my daughter has them, so that's recycling, right? ;-)

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

My husband always complains (except about skincare), and I'm the one earning the big bucks, so this kind of sucks ... The only eye palette I own was a gift - BB Old Hollywood - and I only use it when I'm working in India (and I only use one shadow in it even then). I'm currently eyeing up neutral palettes at present, trying to choose between a Naked or the UD Basics or the Chocolate Bar or this MJ one that just came out ... 

imbeautiful

No, I wouldn't think of this as hoarding even if you didn't use them all. Some people use palettes as art as they love how they look sitting out. As long as it's not taking over your life and your not sleeping on top of the palettes because there is no room left in your home then I think your fine!  I'm not sure how many I have (I think under 10 of them ). If I could have more then I would . I really wish I could get the original naked palette but I refuse to buy it with that packaging, I'm worried it will get so messy . Sigh! I really want it too! My OCD screams noo every time I pick it up in the stores. I have 2nd and 3rd though. 

Smokey123

I own Naked 1, but I worry about that too. I find myself carefully rubbing it off every time I use it or even touch it. Lol. So far it still looks good, but I haven't had it very long and I've been extremely careful with it. I also keep a hair tie around it so it can't pop open and get damaged. I'm going on vacation in a few weeks and I'm really going to miss my Naked 1. However, I don't trust that packaging to travel. Btw, I recently read where Urban Decay will be rereleasing Naked in new packaging. DISCLAIMER: I don't know if that's true or not. If it is you may be able to get Naked 1 with no worries. :smileyhappy:

kallimakeup

(0) Hearts

I do not se as hoarding. do you use them? if u do then I do not believe it is hoarding. more the better. you now have more options :smileyhappy:

nikki

I don't consider it hoarding, but don't take a look in the palette parade thread at my list :smileywink:

heartsmyface

I take that as an invitation:smileyhappy: 

1SultrySCENTNut

I consider it "PALETTE COLLECTING ", just as I am an avid "PERFUME COLLECTOR"...

There is nothing wrong with it , as long as she is not cutting into bills or other important payments and waits when she knows she has to use money on something else before she purchases her next Palette, with graduations and Birthdays, I have to wait about 40-45 days until I canpurchase the next perfume that I am crving to have  :smileywink:

JayReed

(0) Hearts

You ladies that own the ABH Lavish Palette, what do you think? Is it pigmented and is it one of your go to's?

SDdenm

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I like the Lavish palette, for the most part its pretty pigmented, but its not one of my go to's. Its pretty and I dont regret purchasing it but I could also live without it. 

JayReed

(0) Hearts

Good to know! Thank you! I think I am attracted to the price of it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 221 replies
  • 365 hearts
  • 75 in conversation
    • samvad
    • panage2000
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki