Would you consider this palette hoarding?

Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

(0) Hearts

its an urban decay palette Smiley Happy

Love all of the Dior and Guerlain palettes.  Which Em Palette is that (still in the box)?

(0) Hearts

night life Smiley Happy

Those guerlain shadows!!!    Gimme!!!

I am fast becoming addicted to this thread: I love almost nothing as much as looking at open palettes! Your collection is fabulous! So many eye color options!!! Which palette do you turn to most?

(0) Hearts

right now Ive been using the Naked2, just bc it is on top of my drawer lol.   Unfortunately I dont have the habit of switching the options as I always lean to a highlighter color then a bronze shadow for the crease;(

image.jpg

image.jpg

I guess this isn't too bad, but the scary part is I got most of these in this past year O.O At least I'm set for life now! That is until the next pretty comes out Smiley Very Happy

• Kat Von D Esperanza 
  • Too Faced Boudoir Eyes
  • Too Faced Country
  • Nature Republic Provence 3-Magic Step Eyes (I like the Korean translation lol) in #4 Plum Burgundy
  • Maybelline quad in 50 Taupe Temptress
  • MAC Keepsakes palette in Plum Eyes
  • MAC Mineralize quad in A Party of Pastels
  • MAC Extra Dimension duo (from the Keepsakes Plum Eye Bag)
  • NYX Love in Rio trio in LIR09 Sizzling Samba
  • Stila trio in Ethereal (I found this at Winners for so cheap!)
  • Nars duo in Sugarland
  • The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes in Palette 23
  • The Body Shop baked duos in Jade, Quartz, Moonstone, and Copper
  • Urban Decay Naked
  • Urban Decay Naked 3
  • Urban Decay Urban Obsessions 500 point perk
  • Urban Decay Anarchy Face Case
  • Urban Decay Vegan palette (I think that's what it's called; there's no name on it)
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna palette
  • Lorac Mega Pro
  • Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette in In the Nude and In the Tropics
  • Pixi Early Bird palette

I also have the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette, but I just included my eyeshadow in this one.

I wish that Pixi Early Bird palette was still available =0(

I agree it's very girlie wonderful!

To be honest, I've only used one of the blushes once. It didn't perform all that well, so I kind of put it to the side and haven't used it since. Based on swatching it, the pigmentation and quality is really hit or miss, especially with the shadows. So you didn't really miss out on anything, if that makes you feel any better. Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

It does! Thanks =0)

(0) Hearts

OMG, what a wondrous collection! Smiley Happy So many eye colors to choose from, and so many formulas too! Are there one or two palettes you use more than the others? Are there any you don't really use at all?

I haven't used my new ones (most of my collection lol) very much because I use all of them once before I use one again, and I have a bit of a palette backlog right now! I don't wear eyeshadow very often because I like sleep more than doing my makeup, so it's taking a while to get through them all! Smiley Very Happy However, I used to use my Naked palette every day for the first few months I had it, and I used the Vegan palette quite a bit since it was my only palette for a while. I've been doing my best to do eyeshadow as much as possible so I can get better at applying it, and because it makes me feel guilty that I can't use them every day. :/ I'm hoping that one day I don't have to wear as much or no foundation, so I can use the time I spend on it to do eyeshadow instead.

Well this is a topic I know something about! I didn't read through all the comments (simply because I'm tired- on call since yesterday and took my daughter to the eye dr. this a.m. Oh and let me say she not yet 3, decided she needed to go #2 in the middle of the appt, literally--in the toilet thank god! However, it was a bit of an ordeal, ha ha!) BUT....I thought, geez I gotta at least look at the pics to see if any shock me.

And I am NOT shocked. Perhaps that is because I am so desensitized to my own large collection that I when I see others' collections I instead feel I have quite a few kindred spirits out there! LOL!! Smiley Happy

Don't have the strength to gather up all mine and take a pic and don't know if I ever will since if I put them all together I may feel a few pangs of guilt. But maybe not, who knows.

Anyhow, love your palettes! Yes, they have expiration dates but REALLY...my eyelids have yet to fall off from using an "expired" palette. If I don't see mold or a bad smell, I'm using it! (Or at least swatching it for fun at the least!)

So enjoy them! There will be more to come, let's face it. Probably best not to spend your last dime on a palette (I did that pre-baby) but other than that, if it makes you happy, go for it! Smiley Happy

Haha i love your expiration and  mold theory..sigh im just worried once i get in residency...wont b able to do alot of crazy eye looks Smiley Sad

Well the problem is you won't have the time or energy! Sleep will be your best friend. I'm in the nursing end of healthcare but my schedule is just as nutty. And I don't get to sleep on the job as a rule. I'm in a relatively new position and I am not having the time to do anything ornate. So sad...less than a year ago I was able to rock some pretty wild eye looks. Where I'm at now I my cover my forearm tattoo which leads me to believe they may frown upon extravagant eye make up. I'm going to test that theory soon though because let me tell you, I have never, in 10 years, been told by management or patients that my make up is too over-the-top. Usually I get complimented and the females nurses and docs ask me how I keep my make up intact after such long hours (it's called UD All-nighter spray!)

(0) Hearts

Hahaha yesss awesome answer.i live by that stuff...all nighter...well i hope in healthcare profession we get to have a little more time for us.....somedayyyyyyy 

yes someday, like when we retire! Good luck to you!! I'm forcing myself NOW to get some shut eye! LOL!

[ Edited ]

I use atleast one palette every day that I wear make upSmiley Happy

Ready for it? 

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

**Edited because I forgot about my drawer of some of my limited editions along with my blush palettesSmiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Wow! What an amazingly comprehensive collection of eye colors and formulas! Smiley Happy Are there a couple you use most? Are there any you've barely used at all?

[ Edited ]

Three. a Duo, a quad, and Vice3. I can tell I'm going to hit pan on the buttercream and champagnes. I generally don't smoke my eye so the darker colors get neglected.

http://www.sephora.com/bareminerals-ready-eyeshadow-2-0-P297711?skuId=1363472

http://www.sephora.com/bareminerals-ready-eyeshadow-4-0-P297717?keyword=soundtrack&skuId=1396431&_re...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments