Would you consider this palette hoarding?

Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

(0) Hearts

I bought it at Herberger's without a PWP as well.

Chiming in, I got mine on Macy's mobile and didn't have to make a purchase to purchase. 

What is that round too faced dotted product? 

I got that in a trade with MK89.  I sent her a deluxe sample of Laura Mercier highlighting powder and a spatula (for getting stuff out of beauty jars) for this.  It is a blush on one side and two shadows on the other.  It is all right. Nothing to write home about, but she loves the highlighter and I had an extra.  I just sent the spatula as a bonus, because I had an extra of that as well.

It's very purdy..... Feel like opening it up for a peek?:smileywink: 

[ Edited ]

Can't now, because everyone is sleeping.  Here is an online shot of it (in the kit I believe she got it in) though.

Too-Faced-All-I-Want-for-Christmas-Set.jpg

[ Edited ]

Ahh, there!!!  That's what I wanted to see:smileyhappy:. :smileywink: sitting in the dark chatting about makeup?  

The good ole days where we talked all night.  I am sick, so I am having a hard time falling asleep despite the fact that I actually have to get up early in the morning.

[ Edited ]

Oh darn, I fell asleep for a bit there and could have been chatting with you!  I'm going to try pretending to sleep til at least 8am.  I hope you actually got some sleep.  Night:smileyhappy:

*-* - When my collection grows up, it wants to be like yours!  I love everything and the new precious!

Ah, and I love seeing all the Lancôme! I feel like I'm the only person around here who actually really likes the brand. I find it funny that people often call it an "old lady" brand, at least in my expereience it's a brand enjoyed by everyone. (But info coming for me is not realiable, because I come from Brazil where those brands are considered luxury, costing about 2.5 or 3 times more than in the USA, and I guess here in Montreal people from all age wear the brand, it's sold in every drug store and we have a L'Oreal warehouse sale that happens twice every years and includes products from most brands that belong to L'Oreal, including Lancôme. (I'm glad I didn't get tickets this year because I'm broke! LOL)

I bought a Lancome Palette for my 19 year-old au pair for her birthday; She loves it :smileyhappy:

Emmy I am on of the younger gals here and I love Lancôme and Estée. 

[ Edited ]

This is a good portion of it for sure.  I left out anything that did not have a palette in the picture.  My precious is probably my favorite piece right now.  Even though it is not super versatile, I really do love it.  The thought behind it was so generous that I still cannot believe it.

I still love Lancome and find it crazy that people who've tried it (not the ones who say it is an old lady brand and refuse to try it), but the ones who actually try it say they do not like it.  I guess that is the way I feel about Smashbox and some NARS stuff, so I get it.  If I ever got invited to that sale, I would be beyond broke.  I really love the line!

I'm kinda with you on this, as I love Lancome, and I've gotten all of my daughter's and now even my latest au pair into the brand! :smileyhappy:

I understand it too... From Smashbox I'll use the primers and Halo powder only. I have no interest in the other products and I also never bought a full sized verision of these 2 I kinda like, because they are ok but not impressive enough for me to invest on a full size. Luckly I never had to buy a full sized primer; I've been living on my minis and I always get smashbox minis. It's also very rare that I use powder specially living on winter wonderland when my skin doesn't even get the chance to get oily anymore.

NARS on the other hand I say it's my "favorite" makeup brand (although I don't even own many items from them) because it's one of the few brands I can at least find good products in different areas (some individual and duo shadows are great, some lipsticks are great, blushes  highlighter, they have only eyeshadow primer that works for me, my tinted moisturizer, the eyeliner is ok, and the brushes are descent) so in my head NARS is a brand that could cover all my basic makeup needs. For most of the other brands I like one or two types of product only. Lancome comes close, but they don't have a tinted moisturizer I like, which to me is essential!

My boyfriend usually get invitations for the sale from work, but since he is on a sick leave he didn't get tickets for the sale going on right now. I'm glad because last time we spent almost $400, it would be too much temptation! LOL

[ Edited ]

The Smashbox primers gave me a rash.  I tried a few different kinds, because I bought multiple kits of them when I first got back into makeup.  I also bought shadows, lippies, gloss, blush, etc.  None of it impressed.

I love NARS eyeshadow primer (a Godsend) and some of the duos (Kauai).  I do like (not love) Orgasm and Laguna as well.  Every time I had my eyes on another duo or palette, I was so disappointed upon swatching (Narsissist).  I have yet to try Audacious, but I really want to based on all the BT type.  The dual intensity shadows are on my list to try as well.  If those two items are great, I may have a better outlook on the brand.  If I had a better outlook to start with, I would have already owned them though.  

(0) Hearts

I just bought a Nars face powder and a set of lippy pencils (in a smashed case no less) and am not very impressed.  I'll stick to blushes and lipsticks.  

(0) Hearts

Oh, no.  I wanted to buy those lip pencils and was seriously considering them when I get the $25 off $50 offer (unless it comes when I am out of the country, in which case I will buy nothing).

I love how your brand new goodies are in a league of their own:smileywink:.    And oh my gosh I am ashamed to say everyone enabled me back when I first wrote this and I went and bought way more!  The thought of laying it out for the family photos scares me😳

[ Edited ]

Yep.  I usually would prefer 2-3 mid range palettes to one expensive one.  It seems crazy but dropping it all at once gives me reservations.  The quality is there, so I need to get over it.  I never seem to bat a lash at spending the same grand total on "cheaper" palettes.  When I went to the Beauty Trend show, I told myself I was buying the YSL holiday palette no matter what.  When I saw the $95 charge on the receipt, my first thought was, "Why did you not ask him what it cost?"  I am actually glad I did not ask, because there is no way I would have purchased it had I known.  It is my most expensive palette.

Of course, the Tom Ford was a gift.  It retailed for $79 (my most expensive eyeshadow only palette), but when it was given to me, she could have easily sold it for well over $100!

I actually get that.  My mentality is that I can get more looks out of a cheaper palette with say 20 colours than a palette of the same cost that has 4.   That being said, I really do love how luxurious it feels to apply makeup from a high end brand, so I have a couple to give me that feeling on days I want it.  

Sometimes it's nice to not look at the price of something before buying it.   That's a little life treat all in itself, and not generally a practice I participate in often.  

I'm you're enjoying your Tom Ford palette.  I've yet to try anything from the line mostly because where do I buy Tom Ford in Canada? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments