heartsmyface

Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

samvad

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

(0) Hearts

I'm obsessed with Josie Maran's products too!  Not sure if you are aware, but her websites has a bunch of great deals right now.  Check under "gift sets" and "Good Buys."  I scored some great stuff.  Also, you're probably already aware of this,but her TSV coming up in September looks awesome - tinted version of the new SPF 47 (which I love the regular so can't wait for this!), full size Milk, the infinity cream in limitless pink and full size oil!  Can't wait for it to come in.

heartsmyface

image.jpgYep.  It grew a little in the last couple months but not too too crazy. 

LariTheLoud

Ok. Monarch vs. Chrysalis. Which would you rec first and why? I'm trying to make a purchase decision! :smileywink:

DiVWA

[ Edited ]

Read Temptalia's review of each of them. That made me go with Monarch, even though I initially thought Chrysalis's cool tones would work out better. Now that I've had Monarch for a while, I'm glad I chose it over Chrysalis because I think it's just a better palette in terms of variety and how the colors coordinate with each other.

heartsmyface

For you?  Definitely chrysalis Cause it's more a colour palette and the monarch is a very warm neutral palette.  The monarch is really pretty as well but I feel the only real original colour is the burnt orange.  I took a picture of swatches a while back of the chrysalis.   you look amazing in blues and purples and the middle colours really play up the green in my eyes so should do the same for you:smileyhappy: image.jpg

heartsmyface

[ Edited ]

image.jpg

Here's a picture so you can see them side by side and See the different textures.  For so e reason I remembered the monarch as all warm but I can see bith palettes have a nice variety of warm and cool tones.  I guess I just remembered the burnt orange. 

jemly

this thread is showing me a world i didn't realize existed !! the only palettes i have are 2 i was given in japan. 4 colors in each palette--and i only used 2 of the 4 colors in each (er....4 of the total of 8). and i LOVED the colors i used.....but it just irritates me to not use everything ? it feels wasteful (to me--i'm not accusing anyone of being wasteful !! just one of my biggest palette caveats...). i've also stopped using them all together (despite them being my favorite eyeshadows i've ever used, no question) because i can't replace them. so i literally use no palettes. singular shadows for me !

kevinbt

Ohh I didn't know you lived in Japan! Where and how long? 

And heartsmyface, I wouldn't be worried!! I would't consider this hoarding. :smileyhappy: 

jemly

oh i don't live there. i've just spent a lot of time there !

kevinbt

(0) Hearts

That's awesome! Favorite place ever. 

heartsmyface

What brand are the Japanese palettes jemly? 

jemly

THREE :smileyhappy:

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I just looked those up!   I am in love with the packaging!  So sleek.  The price us a bit steep.  I wonder if that is reflective of import costs?  The ones I saw were 109$ a quad.  

heartsmyface

I get pangs of guilt here and there but the happiness I get from my pretties far outweighs any guilt I have.  Plus, my conscious is clear since if I don't use a palette I can always put it in a TSB or trade it for something I will use.  I do try to rotate through my stuff For that very reason.  I hate not using my stuff.  

kittichick

This thread makes me feel a little less guilty about my palette problem. 

VerukaPrime

Again, I think it's only hoarding if you have no focus and don't think about packaging and style in your overall collection. I don't think it's about quantity. You get as much as makes you happy, just give it direction. 

starsandbucks

I agree with MarciaBrady. That's a lovely collection! I think that show has sort of tainted the hobby of collecting and made people of afraid of it. But if you maintain your collections, DUST THEM from time to time, curate them thoughtfully then it's not hoarding...it's collecting. Buying every cheap palette at every dollar store and yard sale and digging through your neighbor's trash to find one they may have thrown out then I'd say, "OK, girl, you have a problem." But all you have now is a collection I'm jealous of!

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

All my stuff gets sanitized fairly regularly.  It's also meticulously organized in drawers for easy access.  I'm looking at my palette collection between when I first posted this thread and now and lol, it grew a bit! 

ballerinagrl

They look so pretty all sat together like this. Do you use them all regularly?

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I do!  I have them organized neatly in some drawers and try to not use the same palette two days in a row so they all get a bit of love:smileyhappy:.  I'm certainly never bored with my shadows:smileyhappy: 

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Wow!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 221 replies
  • 365 hearts
  • 75 in conversation
    • samvad
    • panage2000
    • nikki
    • daisies121