Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

(0) Hearts

I was looking for three while I was there and couldn't find it.  :/. 

(0) Hearts

I just looked those up!   I am in love with the packaging!  So sleek.  The price us a bit steep.  I wonder if that is reflective of import costs?  The ones I saw were 109$ a quad.  

I get pangs of guilt here and there but the happiness I get from my pretties far outweighs any guilt I have.  Plus, my conscious is clear since if I don't use a palette I can always put it in a TSB or trade it for something I will use.  I do try to rotate through my stuff For that very reason.  I hate not using my stuff.  

This thread makes me feel a little less guilty about my palette problem. 

Again, I think it's only hoarding if you have no focus and don't think about packaging and style in your overall collection. I don't think it's about quantity. You get as much as makes you happy, just give it direction. 

I agree with MarciaBrady. That's a lovely collection! I think that show has sort of tainted the hobby of collecting and made people of afraid of it. But if you maintain your collections, DUST THEM from time to time, curate them thoughtfully then it's not hoarding...it's collecting. Buying every cheap palette at every dollar store and yard sale and digging through your neighbor's trash to find one they may have thrown out then I'd say, "OK, girl, you have a problem." But all you have now is a collection I'm jealous of!

(0) Hearts

All my stuff gets sanitized fairly regularly.  It's also meticulously organized in drawers for easy access.  I'm looking at my palette collection between when I first posted this thread and now and lol, it grew a bit! 

They look so pretty all sat together like this. Do you use them all regularly?

(0) Hearts

I do!  I have them organized neatly in some drawers and try to not use the same palette two days in a row so they all get a bit of loveSmiley Happy.  I'm certainly never bored with my shadowsSmiley Happy 

(0) Hearts

Wow!

It's only hoarding if it's not organized and well kept. When they're as beautiful and neatly arranged as yours are it's called a collection. Collecting is a legit pursuit.

Just curious - with so many amazing ones to choose from, which is your fave/go-to? They're all so pretty!

I just reorganized my eyeshadow palettes after a recent haul and figured I'd bring this thread back! 

image.jpg

Oh wow!  You opened them all up for their glam shot!!   I have passed by those stila palettes so many times and almost purchased the four 'in the...' Palettes  do you like the consistency of them? 

(0) Hearts

I really like Stila, the formulas are buttery soft and blend well, but some of the colors really neyed to be packed on to get good payoff. Honestly though, Pacifica's Enlighten has become my go to palette, I just love the colors and the ethics of the brand!

(0) Hearts

I have only one stila shadow palette from a garden collection and it's super nice!  I'm trying to hold off buying any more palettes until I have a new piece of furniture for them but they're on my list.  

Super Wow!!!

(0) Hearts

I love your collection!!

Rookie hoarder.  

(0) Hearts

Bring it!  Smiley Very Happy  Pulling em out for a photo gives you a chance to sanitize and take inventory as well so it's basically multi tasking which is never a bad thingSmiley Happy 

Hey Panage, if you are such a Beauty Buff, show us your guns Smiley Wink

My husband never complains. He did make one remark a couple years ago while he was joking around. I then counted how many game systems he had, how many games he had and all of the accessories he had for his multiple systems. He never said another word lol really though he was kidding and knows that I have a great deal of guilt when I purchase anything for myself especially since I've been sick. So now it's him saying... Hey honey let's stop by sephora and pick up xyz. He's sweet and knows I will only buy every great while and when I can I purchase when items is on sale only.   I mostly get new make up around my birthday or a holiday. I don't normally purchase much In between them times.  I also save up gift cards from birthday or holidays and spend them all at one time or when a big sale is going on. So I might do a haul that looks crazy but had saved gift cards for half a year or more to do so.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments