Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

The UD eyeliner vault...probably the best purchase I made last year! 

(0) Hearts

I was eyeballing that but just couldn't justify it. I wear like six eyeliner colours. But I still wanted it. 

When it came out I was in the process of collecting UD's eyeliners, one by one, so I figured I could go ahead and get them all at once....or spend the next couple of years buying them one by one, spending a lot more. It was a huge investment, but I won't "need" eyeliner for a very long time Smiley Happy

I have 11 and I thought I had way less than that!  I'm planning on getting more and am contemplating not to but I probably won't take my own advice, shopping is an addiction!  Especially for bags and make-up!

WIN_20140507_183805.JPG

The three Nakeds! seems like a staple to have those Smiley Happy i stil haven't gotten one but am thinking of getting Naked 2 at some point with a good GWP or sale...

What's that one at the top? 

I have quite a bit of palettes, but nowhere near as much as you! lol. BUT, I hoard lip products, it's ridiculous! Just what I carry in my makeup bag alone is embarrassing! Just out of curiosity, I'm going to count what I have in my everyday makeup bag!

(0) Hearts

We all have our weaknesses! 

OMG, I just counted what I carry around: 22 lip stuff with me on a daily basis in my purse! 18 lipglosses/lip crayons and 4 lip liners! I don't even want to go through my bathroom to count how many I have! LOL!

I'm actually the same way with lip stuff, haha. I carry a couple of lip balms, a couple of tinted balms, a nude gloss, pink gloss, red gloss, sparkly gloss, nude lipstick, pink lipstick, red lipstick....and also whichever one i'm wearing that day. The way I see it, i'll always have every lip color I need with me if something comes up at the last minute (which never happens but.....just in case, ykno)

(0) Hearts

You must be carrying a pretty large purse! I pulled out eight I think the other day for a questions of the day thing and was shocked. 22 is a lot! 

I probably have a ton also--last count I was over 80 lip products not including glosses (sigh) and that was a few months ago! :0 

(0) Hearts

I don't wanna count mine. They fit in their drawer and that's all that matters. I think I may have...50Ish? Don't wanna count. 

LOL I do the same thing with lippies! I carry SO many with me...  I mean, you never know when you decide to change your lip colour, right? LOL

(0) Hearts

Exactly! Smiley Wink LOL! Smiley Very Happy

I definitely would not call that hoarding! I would call it a solid collection Smiley Wink

As for how many I have, I'm a little afraid to look but I do my best to rotate them and use them all.

(0) Hearts

Sometimes it's better not to know. But it's been really nice stepping back and taking inventory. 

Nah, I wouldn't call that hoarding.  I would call it a nice looking eyeshadow palette collection Smiley Happy

I only have a few paletes anymore, if I find I don't reach for one anymore I either give it away or get rid of it.  Right now I would say I have about 6.  Naked 3, Cinderella palette, Ariel palette, Paula's Choice matte palette, UD Vice, UD 15th Anniversay palette that I don't use anymore but I keep it around anyway, lol.

It's too many if you can't afford them.  If you use the bulk of them and they bring you a bit of happy, what's the harm? 

(0) Hearts

I like this answer! 

Purrty. Everybody's got something they enjoy collecting. It's only too much if it stops being fun and become more of a chore or drag on your life in some way. I've only got 6 palettes, a dozen lipsticks etc. But since I only wear makeup ever other day (except Guerlain meteorites, which I wear almost every day), it's enough for me. Now, when it comes to skincare.....it got a little overwhelming when I had 100+ different products and after a couple went bad, it was too much for me since you really shouldn't keep them for longer than 2-3yrs, so I'm in the process of reducing it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments