heartsmyface

Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

sammiebaby

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

@heartsmyface

The palette at the top of my picture is the Cinderella palette that came out a while back.  I use all of them a lot except for that one, probably cuz it's a LE and I don't wanna use it up lol

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Thanks, I didn't recognize it. I wouldn't wanna touch it either. 

andreabonder

image.jpg

Lately I've been trying really hard to work with what I've got. The newest of the bunch would be the Monarch & Spellbinding. (I'm a bit of a Kat Von D fan) Being a student & working part time doesn't give me all the pallets in the world, but every time I get a new one it's like Christmas. I can't wait to open it & play with all the possibilities. & you're not alone. I don't think my boyfriend realizes how much I spend on my cosmetics & I'd rather him not find out lol. 

I find it harder to use the older ones of the bunch, well... Cause they're older.. & the quality, unfortunately Isn't up to par compared to the newer shadows. But holding on to them definitely brings back some nostalgia.

Check out Tarababyz on YouTube. Now that girl has a ridiculous amount of makeup. I think she had to make two parts to get through all of it. Those videos literally made my jaw drop. 

But I guess if you're collecting something that you can actually use then it can't be that bad, right?

Happy hoarding everyone :smileywink:

RandeeBT

Great collection, andreabonder! I have the same Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Palette as you. I used it the other day for the first time in a long time and remembered how amazing it was! The colors in it are just amazing! :heart:

Best,
Randee
heartsmyface

Haha, yeah I took a solid hour of my time watching her makeup room tour! In her defence, she is soooooooo organized! what a great personality she has! I can't help but wonder what she does for a living to support her ever growing treasure trove! It's gorgeous and frightening! 

miabt

Wow! I'm so jealous of all of your palettes too! I'm so bummed that I've depotted so many of mine now :smileysad: I'd totally happy dance (and feel a little ashamed at the same time :smileywink: )

heartsmyface

Oh geez, I remember watching a girl depotting her naked palette into a z palette and feeling sick. 

JulieXOXOXO

image.jpg

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

This is just what I needed! Thanks! How do you like the em palette?  

meagboho

(0) Hearts

What is that Too Faced Sweet Indulgences??  And what is your favorite/go to palette on a day you feel uninspired? 

JulieXOXOXO

Yes, it is the too faced indulgence palette.  I got it last yr but still havent used it.  My go to currently, is the guerlain palette.  I like using the light blue shimmer in the inner corners and the darker brown on my crease.  There eyeshadows are super smooth and silky 

meagboho

(0) Hearts

I just googled it and now I want it. So pretty.

Which Guerlain palette? A few are currently in my loves.

JulieXOXOXO

6 couleur erin #29 rue de sevres

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Yup, still drooling. 

colorprodigy

That's not hoarding, IMO. When the apocalypse hits you'll be totally fine :smileyhappy: JK, lol, but I really don't think that is hoarding. I am totally envious of your palette stash! 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

The apocalypse is real! No JK!  *looks around for signs of danger. 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

Oh, and if I posted a pic of my palettes, you would hear the "Debbie Downer" theme song from SNL...wah wah wah waaahhhhhhhhh.... it is very sparse. I am working on it!

heartsmyface

I don't think that theme song applies to makeup in general so you're safe. 

gogreyhound

Here is my version of " you may be a redneck if"... done a'la makeup!  ** disclaimer** this is completely in jest and NO you are not a hoarder!

You may be a palette/makeup hoarder if...

You can touch your ceiling when standing on them...

A family of mice  are living amongst your makeup brushes...

Firemen can't get into your house without passing through the "perfume section" and getting sprayed...

You refuse to throw out your empties after taking a pic to post on BT...

You can't see your couch when spreading out your latest haul for a BT pic...

Your husband has to shower in the basement because your skin care takes up the bathroom!

:smileyhappy: 

shyvicki

My current eye shadow pallet collection is maybe half the size of this, but you should see my lip gloss collections. I've had both collections whittled down the last time I took a personal inventory, but still have plenty. I really want the Naked 1 and Naked 3 pallets when I get my current eye shadow collection reduced.

Biedazzle

For those of you that have the Divergent pallette, just curious how is the quality of the shadows? I'm a big fan of  UD shadows and was wondering how they compare? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 178 replies
  • 283 hearts
  • 60 in conversation
    • panage2000
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • hydee77