heartsmyface

Would you consider this palette hoarding?

[ Edited ]

I was at a friends last night and we ended up watching episode after episode of hoarders which was shocking and frightening at the same time. 

Today I read a comment asking to see my makeup collection so I pulled out my palettes out of their respective drawers for a photo and realized I have more than I thought. Also I realized how anxious I was about my hubby coming up and seeing how many I own. needless to say, they went back very quickly! 

I'm wondering if this is too many or if I'm just sitting pretty. I do use them all save for the nars ones. 

how many palettes do you own? do you use them all? image.jpg

quixotic

Re: Would you consider this palette hoarding?

This isn't hoarding, just strategic stockpiling.  I would explain to new hubby that eyeshadow palettes are like toilet paper - one of those things a woman must be sure to never, never run out of.

heartsmyface

Strategic stockpiling! Putting that one in my memory bank! 

kbmatthews

Haha I love this!

chlotam

No girl you're fine! Palettes are totally worthy investments. (Although I do understand the husband anxiety lol)

Chickibum

This seems like a great collection, not hoarding at all :smileyhappy:  besides, palettes are awesome. I always feel you get more bang for your buck with them. 

doriangray

Haha, I think for you to ask that question here, you know what answer you want.  

I'm like you.  The Naked 1 opened my eyes to the world of high-end palettes.  It's my hobby and I use them everyday so it's worth it to me.  That's the main thing, but it's still awkward when my friends make comments.  

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

that's why I like coming here. you guys understand:smileyhappy:

heartsmyface

I know! I DO like enablers! 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

That's a beautiful collection! I'm even seeing some palettes that I own as well :smileyvery-happy:

There's a difference between collecting and using and hoarding. This isn't hoarding. I watch the show hoarders too and those people collect trash---things that are expired, useless, broken, and dangerous because its been contaminated. I'm sure if I put all of my makeup together on the floor and took a picture, then did the same for skincare and fragrance that it would look like I have too much. But I use everything and I like to alternate my products and play with different looks. Anything I don't like I give away so I never keep things I know I wont use.

Different people collect different things. I like things that I have a use for---makeup you use and use up so its not money wasted.

mafan

Search on Palette Parade and then go look at the lists and pictures.  Maybe even join in.  I haven't updated recently so I don't know how many others have recently either.  But I assure you that you will find people with lists who will make your collection look small in comparison. :smileyhappy:  As long as you are using them and they aren't cluttering up your life, I think you're fine. :smileyhappy:

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Not yet. I am going to need another storage unit soon though. 

CuriousCannibal

I'll have to go and count my palettes in the morning...

I really don't think this is bad though. I know to someone that doesn't wear makeup it would be a lot, but I feel like it's okay if you actually switch them out and get some use out of all of them.

I collect a lot of makeup, but frequently switch stuff out/give away things I don't like, so I don't think I have a problem.

As I always say, at least it's a healthy addiction :smileyhappy:

heartsmyface

I'm actually Very curious about your stash! Mind snapping a pic while you're counting?  

...I think I would cry if someone told me I had to downsize my collection. 

heatherbee

I HAVE been told to downsize.  It's not going to happen.  Makeup makes me happy.  And I every few days I go through my stash to find something I haven't worn in a few weeks, and it becomes new again :smileyhappy:  My makeup doesn't hurt anyone.  If it starts getting stacked in the hallway like on those hoarder shows, then I might need to downsize :smileywink:

m3rma1d

Perfectly normal, perfectly healthy.  :smileyhappy: 

blushnglow

Hoarders have so much stuff that it gets in their way and interferes with their life.  This display is worthy of showing off!! I see palettes as keeping your colours ORGANIZED!! Look how neatly they stack up!! Imagine having all those individual shadows/pans scattered all over the place... see if your husband will complain then!! Don't worry girl, you are more than fine! :smileyhappy:

heartsmyface

Oh I don't usually like single pots. i may have say nine of them? I forget to use them.

blushnglow

Exactly!! You see how your palettes are useful and beneficial to your life?? haha :smileyhappy: Keep on!

notcreative

Pretties!

daisies121

Your collection pic just made me swoon

I have several drawers full and probably only use about 3 of them regularly but I figure there are way worse things I could be addicted to...

heartsmyface

Right???? I HAVE been stalking palettes. Does stalking enter a different territory? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 221 replies
  • 364 hearts
  • 75 in conversation
    • samvad
    • panage2000
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki