Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

Alrighty folks, time for some fun and games!

Respect the exercise, so no twisting around the choices or altering them. 😛

Let's see what we come up with!

Would you rather:

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again?

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?

Image result for tatianna choices gif

Re: Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

No drop sheet or towel. If you did break a bottle of red on a towel imagine what the neighbors might think if they see you taking it out! Haha!

"No, you guys....it's JUST nail polish! I'm serious....I'm not doing any odd sacrifices or anything....don't run away! Come back, I'm telling the truth!

😂 The neighbours probably  definitelty have me pegged as a big weirdo already. Making note that I should refrain from revealing any red soaked towels to them.  

Um...

Spoiler

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?

**Skincare is way more expensive!! 

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

** this was easy because I dislike red lipstick and already have black tattoo'd eyeliner haha!!

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

** I am pretty pale already so there is a ton of products I could use to warm up the color

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

** haha I cheated, I never wear any already!

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

** I despise the feel of long nails, rather clog up my shower drain forever than feel nails tapping on my keyboard.. (shudders)

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?

** Livin' on the edge, man!!

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?

** this is my life already

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?

** so basically, keep my status quo

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?

** although nail polish is cheaper, usually.. I rather clean up foundation!

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?

** I reserve the right to shave off the other side to match haha!!

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?

** so, every.single.day.of.my.life.already?

** I've done it, I can live with it. Note to self, cancel "mud-wrestling" classes

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?

** sounds like a "his problem" not a "my problem"

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?

** been there, done it. Ain't the end of the world.

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?

** I can't do either, so its a win-win either way for me!!

Livin' on dat edge, yo!!!!

I've made best friends with a drain snake because my hair is so long that it doesn't take much to get all tangled down the drain to where I need to fish it out.

Awesome game @lylysa!!!!! 🙂  Good idea for the spoiler @Mochapj 🙂

ETA: Guess it took me a while to fill it up since other posts appeared after I posted this 😄

Spoiler

ALL THE MAKEUP! Mostly say that because I collect some of it 😄

Black liner! One of my favs! Not a fan of red lipstick. Plus doesn't mean because my liner is black that the rest of my eye makeup can't be colorful lol

I think too light... could add some bronzer over it lol

I guess chipped because I can't be without painted toe nails!

Hair! Definitely hair! While I might get headaches from the weight the nails would drive me insane!

A bag I pack... Never said how big it could be 😛

I think I'd rather have it run... you can always clean that up!

Transfer on my teeth. I can clean that up fast after applying... I'd feel bad getting makeup on people LOL

Foundation! Easier to clean up 😄

Well you didn't specify how much of a burn so I think I'd go with that since I can probably cover it up better than doing one of my eye brows lol

Since I love eye shadows more than anything I'd rather not be able to blend cheek/highlight/bronzer... I guess I could go without those. Haha

Only wash my hair once a week. It's too dry and I need that conditioner!

Zero body hair!

Hair getting caught on lipsticks/gloss. Already used to that 😛

Perfect winged liner! I like false lashes but prefer finding the perfect mascara!

Good point about the painted toenails!  I also never leave mine unpainted - even when it is cold out and they stay buried deep in my socks for no one to see... I will know!

@veronika23

@Tamara76yup year round! Although this time is harder for me to get to my esthetician in sandals because of the snow and ice 😄

Speaking to nail polish and toes...one of my toe nails had the gel polish pop off so I have a naked nail....it's so stark when all the others are painted with green glitter! Haha!!

Oh no! lol  It's like your toe went peekaboo 😄

I love things like this! This is exactly what I need to take my mind off some things...

Spoiler
1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?

Makeup, because I'm fairly happy with my skincare routine and the products I use, with minor adjustments here and there. I lust over far more makeup products.

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

Black be the only shade of eyeliner. It's really the only shade I wear anyway, save for the rare instance I decide to go for a different look. And I love my mauves and nudes too much to give them up, even though I am a huge fan of reds.

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

Two shades too light. Warm that ish up with some bronzer yo!

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

My first instinct was chipped polish because that's pretty much me anyway (I make "hot mess" look so chic), but there are some stations the Hot Mess Express doesn't stop at, so I go with no polish ever again for those occasions. 

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

Super long hair but never be able to cut it. Put that up in a bun and you're good.

As long as the shades/products are appropriate for my skin, I'll take the mystery bag. 

Cry and have my mascara run because 20 coats would flake and make my eyes water anyway.

Have my face makeup transfer on everyone I hug because I hate hugging people and this would offer an easy out. 

Nail polish because it's cheaper to replace. 

Mmm... This one is tough actually haha. As long as the burn is overly severe, I think that would be easier to deal with makeup wise. 

Never be able to blend eyeashadow because I think unblended eyeshadow is less offensive than unblended cheek colors.

Only wash my hair once a week because sometimes I only wash my hair once a week... Hot mess, remember? 

Zero hair in unwanted areas but be itchy because you can learn to ignore that.

If it's only once a day, I don't really care honestly. Both are easily remedied. Hair in lipstick is less painful though.

Well this is easy because I don't wear false lashes. Perfect winged liner.

"I hate hugging people and that would be the easy way out..."  OMG - You totally crack me up @alexasteph!

Oh my goodness my dad is the biggest hugger and always teases me about not being a hugger at all. Every time I go over to my parents house he makes it a point to hug me and even says "I haven't gotten to hug you yet." I suppose it's sort of sweet because it's my dad, but if it were anyone else I'd be like "Why do you insist on wrapping my body with your body." 

I feel ya, girl! 

I live in the south and everyone here seems to be a hugger!  When I first moved here, it really shocked me that people I'd never met before would wrap me in a huge hug as soon as I introduced myself to them.  I don't mind hugging close friends or family, but I'm still a little weird about people I don't know. 🙂

@alexasteph

All aboard the Hot Mess Express!!!

The mystery bag would be a true mystery...maybe it's a tube of dried mascara, maybe it's a foundation compact 10 shades too dark, maybe it's a frosted lipstick...so much mystery...OooOOoOoo!

This is so fun, I love it @lylysa! 🙂 

Spoiler

Would you rather:

Skincare all the way! I spend waaaayyy too much since I've just now been investing in my skin but I'm loving every dollar spent! 

Black eyeliner! It's all I wear anyway 😉

2 shades too light! I have the hardest time tanning.  

Never wear any nail polish, I can barely get myself to do it now! 

I've always wanted to leave out my dream of being Rapunzel. Think a handsome man will come find me if I do? 😉 

One bag! But it's going to be the largest bag EVER!

I'll let it run and learn to do my foundation afterwards! 

Transfer to my teeth! I am a hugger so this would not work well. 

Nail polish! I love my foundation a little too muh. 

Shave my eyebrow! 

Blend eye shadow! If I survived it before, I can survive it again. Plus glasses help me hide it. 😉

Never use conditioner again! Luckily my hair is pretty soft.

Zero body hair! I'll find some good lotion to help haha

Getting my hair caught!

I can live without flash lashes, so bring on perfect winged liner! 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

Awww Rapunzel!   @MariekeBT

With super long hair you could also wrap up and tie up your dream boat 😛

Yay games!  Amazing, @lylysa 🙂

Spoiler

Skincare, definitely.  I think my skincare habit is way more expensive than my makeup one.  Plus, I probably have enough makeup to last me a lifetime already 😄

I don't wear eyeliner regularly anymore so I'd probably rather be forced to wear black every day.  I can't even commit to wearing the same lipstick twice in a row, how on earth could I do red every day forever?!

Um... I don't wear foundation, but I think light is probably more forgiving?

Never wear nail polish again. I already barely wear it as it is, so this wouldn't be a sacrifice.

I'd rather have really long hair.  Really long nails will eventually prevent me from being able to do stuff, like my job. 😄

I think I'd like the surprise of the mystery bag!

I'd rather do the cry/run. At least you can clean that stuff up once you stop crying!

Hug transfers. 

Foundation, easily.  I have broken a bottle of nail polish before and that is a PITA to clean up.

Draw on eyebrows! I think it might be fun to change the shape slightly every day.

Eyeshadow, but I'm not sure why.

Conditioner.  I'm really lazy about conditioning already and my hair hasn't fallen out, so I'm not worried about it if I had to give it up.

Zero body hair. 

I'm going with hair.  Glitter in the eye hurts!

I don't really feel like these are too much of a struggle, so it wouldn't matter but if I had to pick I'd say wing just because I do wings more often than I wear lashes.

It's funny that you mention how super long nails would prevent you from doing your job...whenever I see the record holders for long nails I'm like "How do you wipe your behind without ripping through toilet paper or just whacking yourself in the butt cheeks with your nails every time you reach back there???"

@lylysa There was an episode of My Strange Addiction, where this woman with 24" long nails explained how she sort of bunched up the toilet paper in her fist. She said it can take her ten minutes just to wash her hands!

upload_8666721912179748995.gif

Hahahaha @lylysa!  Exactly!  What do they do when they go to the bathroom, or need to scratch an itch, or what about if they got something in their eye?!?!? 😄

Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • upload_861223313005210347.png
  • TAMMY.jpg
  • Mascara
  • 4_3-ZcyAIlvHjAlYD3jc3usiCw.jpg
  • IMG_0123.GIF
  • upload_4335542571143764390.gif
  • upload_8666721912179748995.gif
testing