Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

Alrighty folks, time for some fun and games!

Respect the exercise, so no twisting around the choices or altering them. 😛

Let's see what we come up with!

Would you rather:

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again?

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?

Image result for tatianna choices gif

Re: Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

Grown up decision versus ALL DA MAEKUPZ EVAR!!!!! 

I love these!

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again? I'm choosing skin care because it's more of an investment.

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear? Black is mainly the only eyeliner shade I wear anyway and I don't wear red lipstick that often.

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark? I'll just add extra bronzer.

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life? I rather not wear it at all then wear it but it'll always look bad.

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them? Personal preference--I do not like super long nails. I would break it all the time. 

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life? I'd pack my HG bag and be set

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it? I don't hug that many people and I'll just warn them not to wear white.

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter? I care way more about my foundation then nail polish. Plus foundation is way more expensive. 

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life? I know the the burn would bother me way more. 

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again? I'll just say I was going for the unblended look, and if it just looks horrible I'll ditch wearing eyeshadow. 

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again? My hair gets way too oily to go a whole week without washing it. I'll just have to deal with the tangles or cut it short.

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again? I can not deal with the constant itchy feeling. 

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day? I wear contacts so the glitter would irritate my eyes and probably make them red and watery. 

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time? I don't wear lashes anyway.

Wowie, no conditioner! The idea to just cut your hair short is genius! 

This is perfect timing...I just got through a major deadline and this is the perfect break for my brain 🙂

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?

Skin care for sure! Gonna keep my looking youthful and glowing for the rest of my life! Plus great skin care is way more expensive than great makeup, so there'd be so much saving!

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

I pretty much only wear black eyeliner now, so this one is too easy.

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

Ughhhh I hate both of these but hopefully I could hide it a bit with some bronzer and contouring.

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

I love nail polish, but I'd hate to have chipped polish for a big event or important day.

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

Super long nails totally ick me out.

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?

MYSTERY BAG! I like surprises, plus it'll keep me on my toes and force me to be creative.

I might look like I've got spiders on my face, but at least it'll be contained to the eye area instead of dripping down my face :S

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?

Ehhhh I'm not a big hugger anyway.

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?

Seems like it'd be easier to clean up. 

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?

There will definitely be days I'm in a rush and forget to draw the eyebrow in... not worth it. Plus maybe some of that free skin care for life will help the burn!

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?

Eyeshadow would be less noticeable I think.

I'm assuming I could still use hair masks (loophole!)...but if not, I might choose differently.

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?

I couldn't stand to be itchy constantly!

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?

Perfect wing FOR SURE! It's a talent that has always eluded me. I rarely wear false lashes anyway. It's mascara or extensions for me.

--------------

Well that was fun! And harder than I expected it to be...some tough choices in there 😄

Dripping spiders would no a no-go 😛

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again? skincare !!!!

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear? black eyeliner.

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark? 2 shades too light. i'm ok with looking as ghostly as possible. 

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life? chipped !

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them? super long hair.

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life? just one bag of makeup.

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it? cry and runny.

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it? lipstick on teeth, presuming i realize it and can easily wipe it off ?! otherwise, face makeup.

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter? nail polish.

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life? eyebrow shaved. i've had bleached brows for years before, i can handle that look.

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again? eyeshadow. unblended eyeshadow can look more like an intentional 'look'.

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again? i already do only wash my hair once a week !!!!!!!

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again? i'm ok with body hair.

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day? hair getting stuck on my lips.

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time? winged liner

For the makeup transfer/lipstick on teeth, yeah you could remove the lipstick instantly and if you chose the face makeup route you could immediate work to brush it off or clean it off whoever you tagged lol!

1. Makeup

2. Are you kidding?  Red lipstick!

3. Two shades lighter

4. I haven't polished my nails in years

5. Long hair (I can't stand long nails!)

6. One bag

7. I don't have eye lashes, so this question doesn't really apply, does it?

8. My lipstick already transfers to my teeth every day!

9. Since I don't wear nail polish, it'll have to be the foundation.

10. I don't have eyebrows so I'll be drawing both on for the rest of my life.  I'd be thrilled if I only needed to draw one on!

11. Blush--I'm pretty light handed.

12. Wash my hair once a week.  I only was my hair two or three times as is.

13. Zero body hair--anti-itch cream will help with the itch.

14. My hair already gets caught on my lipstick every day!

15. Winged eyeliner (I'd just be happy if I could wear eyeliner, period!)

Oooo, since you don't have eye lashes then I'll make a segway for you...it means having to have lashes applied (for this particular instance there could be a makeup pro applying it for you if you're not a whiz at falsies) and either wear 20 coats on those false lashes or apply mascara on them and then cry/have it run.

And for the nail polish/foundation breaking...even if you don't wear it, you would still choose whether which one you'd break, it could be a brand new bottle of polish you never even used. 😛

LOL! The brow question would essentially be "giving you back" one! I love it!

I'll stick with breaking a bottle of foundation.

I can't stand the thought of having false eyelashes applied--it's making my eyes water just thinking about it!  Seeing that picture of Tammy Fae, I think I'll go with with having my mascara run every time I cry.  The black mascara streaks will coordinate nicely with my red eyes from crying!

You're good, @lylysa!

How fun!! Reading everyone's answers is so fun haha 😄

Spoiler

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again? Skin Care!!

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?  Black eye liner

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?  2 Shades too light!! I can always darken it up with bronzer.

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?  Chipped nail, I seem to always have one anyway even 10 mins after a polish them hahah

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?  RAPUNZEL, RAPUNZEL haha Long hair all the way!

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?  One make up bag I pack, I don't like mysteries haha

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?  I can rock 20 coats of mascara!

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?  Ill have my face make transfer on everyone, It will show them how much I love them lol

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?  Nail polish

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?  Oh boy this is hard, a burn i guess, I cant have no eye brow!! unless the burn turns into a scab?  I am torn on this one

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?  Eye shadow (ill just wear VERY light colors haha)

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again? Wash my hair once a week I NEED conditioner!!!

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again? Ill be fuzzy and smooth lol

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day? I'll just wear a ponytail haha ill have super long hair anyway

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?  Perfect winged liner, seems more practical for me 😄

For 10, if would just be a continuous tender burn.....if you chose the one brow, as soon as the one began to grow in you would have to shave it back down again to keep it clean....the burn would never heal or worsen.

I'm sorry for the sick twisted nature of this game haha!! 

Image result for saw jigsaw gif

hahaha I like sick twisted games LOL!!!  Ill be a rebel and take the pain!!!!!

Bring on the soothing, anti-inflammatory serums!!!!

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again? Skin care because while I love makeup, skin care is #1 before makeup

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear? Black eye liner

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark? 2 shades too light because I already wear the lightest shade so I don't think I can go any lighter lol

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life? Never wear nail polish again (I get gel nails anyways lol)

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them? Super long hair

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life? One bag that I get to pack, the mystery bag could contain colors that don't suit me so I wouldn't want to take the chance

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it? Wear 20 coats of mascara

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it? Transfer to my teeth because no and then certain lipstick does that anyways 😞

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter? Break a bottle of foundation-easier clean up

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life? Burn on upper lip, as I am not that good to draw on an eyebrow everyday

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again? Never blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour again

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again? Only get to wash hair once a week

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again? Have zero body hair

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day? Hair getting caught in lipstick/gloss/balm as it happens sometimes with lip products already 😄

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time? Be able to create the perfect winged liner every time as that is one skill I haven't mastered (nor have I mastered the lashes but I like never wear them so)

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person that chose glitter in the eye >_o

I imagine the glitter irritating my contact lenses and then having to take them out and clean them after already doing my makeup and having to fix it. Just too much work lol 😄

It is only once a day though......

Sorry you feel so alone, ha. I was having flashbacks of working at Hallmark years ago and getting greeting card glitter stuck on my contacts in my eye while the same Michael Buble CD played on repeat in the store while kids would set off every single singing stuffed animal at once. 

LOL! No worries, like I said, I imagined having one or just a few specs that I could at least see and remove easy enough....now if it was a bucket of glitter to the eye then NOPE!

I enjoy me some Michael Buble but I would probably go around breaking every singing stuffed animal so they wouldn't work if a hoard of kids rushed in.

Skin care... so very expensive!

Black pretty much is the only color liner I ever use.

Too light. You can always add more color and tone on top.

No nail polish at all.

Oh! Long hair definitely. My nails would end up being those crazy corkscrew things, I just know it!

My face, my choice.

Runny mascara any day.

Teeth. It's pretty easy to wipe 'em off.

Foundation. More expensive to lose, but causes far less damage when dropped.

I think it would be easier to camouflage the burn than try to match eyebrows forever. I already have a hard enough time filling in what I've got.

I'd rather go streak cheek.

I only wash it twice a week now with the curls. I guess I could stretch it out if I had to. No conditioner = steel wool.

Let it grow. Besides, as you get older it pretty much stops growing anyway. 😉

Caught on lipstick. The other sounds way too painful.

Liner. I've never ever worn falsies.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • upload_861223313005210347.png
  • TAMMY.jpg
  • Mascara
  • 4_3-ZcyAIlvHjAlYD3jc3usiCw.jpg
  • IMG_0123.GIF
  • upload_4335542571143764390.gif
  • upload_8666721912179748995.gif
testing