Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

Alrighty folks, time for some fun and games!

Respect the exercise, so no twisting around the choices or altering them. 😛

Let's see what we come up with!

Would you rather:

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again?

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?

Image result for tatianna choices gif

Re: Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

Streak Cheek sounds like a glam metal band!

Man, I really should've answered mine in a spoiler! It goes on forever!

No worries if you didn't, I didn't even think to recommend putting responses in spoilers when I created the thread!

Bowie cover band @lylysa! 😄

Ooooo, I like where that idea is headed!

Spoiler

Would I rather:

1. Skin care for sure...I have enough makeup and skincare is way more expoensive and important to me.

2. Black eyeliner.  I dont normally wear red lipstick but I do rock mostly black eyeliner anyway.

3. Definitely too dark foundation, I can always get a tan.

4. No nail polish as much as I like my nails painted.  Chipped nail polish just looks so bad on me.

5. Super long hair, I cannot do anything with long nails.

6. I dont really know why, but Ill take the mystery bag.  I need some spice in my life.

7. Id rather have ir run so I can just keep wiping it.  Twenty coats is very stabby.

8. Probably have lipstick transfer and Ill just have to keep wiping it off.

9. Nail polish is way cheaper.

10. This one sucks, but Id say the eyebrow.  The burn may leave a scar.

11. Id rather rock a killer smokey eye, so Im going with no blending of the blush products.

12. I think I could live washing once a week, and I need conditioner in my life.

13. Zero body hair, and maybe a anti itch spray?

14. Glitter in my eye hurts, so Im going with hair in my lipgloss.

15. Winged eyeliner would be a dream...no need for falsies.

Smother yourself in calamine lotion for dat itch!!!!

Oooh fun! I love these things. 🙂

Spoiler
1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?
Makeup. I’m okay with investing in good skin care, but it is sometimes harder to pay a lot for makeup. This is especially true when it comes to luxury brands and items that are not super practical. I’d love for it all to be free, so I wouldn’t feel bad about spending money.

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?
Only black eyeliner. This is so tough because my first thought would be to pick red lipstick since it’s my favorite lipstick shade. However, I rarely wear eyeliner, so being limited to only one color wouldn’t impact me that much. Ultimately, it’d want more lipstick freedom.

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?
Foundation that’s too light. Both look horrible, but I think it’s worse when the foundation is too dark. Plus, you can always pack on some bronzer to darken you up a bit.

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?
Chipped nail polish. Nothing new. My polish usually chips sometime during the first two days anyways.

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?
Super long hair. I wouldn’t be able to function with super long nails. Plus, it’d be able to rock this look!
4_3-ZcyAIlvHjAlYD3jc3usiCw.jpg

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up every day for the rest of your life?
I’m definitely a creature of habit, so I’d go with the first option.

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?
Runny mascara due to crying.

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?
I’d have to go with hug transfers. I’m not much of a hugger anyways, so that wouldn’t be a problem.

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?
Foundation. Nail polish would smell worse and clean up would be more of a pain due to possible staining.

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?
Uhhh I think I’ll go with the lip wax. I’ve never gotten a lip wax or plan on getting one, so the burns would technically never happen. Right? 😉

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?
Eyeshadow. I’d end up just using light shimmery shades and keep my eye looks simple. I pretty much do this anyway. 🙂

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again?
Never use conditioner again. With my super oily hair, washing only once a week would not work. Plus, there are other ways, like a hair oil, to put some moisture back into your hair.

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?
I’ll go with becoming a yeti.

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?
Yikes. Both of these are not great, but I’d have to go with the second option. I just wouldn’t be able to handle having something stuck in my eye. It’d just drive me nuts and freak me out! Plus, as someone with longish hair, I’m used to getting it stuck to my lip products.

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?
Definitely winged eyeliner. I’ve never been into false lashes. They look great on other people, but I’ve never pictured myself using them. I’ve always wanted to be able to wear winged liner, but my eye shape makes it nearly impossible for it to look good. I’d love to finally be able to apply it perfectly.

If you choose the lip burn then that means you have to go in for a lip wax that results in a burn...even if you don't normally wax already. 😛

That one is a doozy!

@lylysa Yikes! I guess I chose wrong. 🙂

LOL, I also never specified how big the burn would be....so it could be the entire upper lip or just one side..

@lylysa Oh gosh! Hahaha.

So much deviousness in all of this. It's fun to see how folks imagine each scenario. 

For example, the breaking/cleaning of nail polish or foundation...I never specified that it had to be an expensive foundation that would have to break but lots of folks have been saying they'd rather break polish because it's cheaper than the foundation they use. 

🙂

This is toooo hard!!!!

1.  I know I should say skincare, but who am I kidding?  Makeup!!

2. Haha - black eyeliner all the way.  All the lipsticks, forever! 

3. Definitely too light.  I don't think it is possible, but maybe KVD's pure white would work... 😉

4. No nail polish?  I love nail polish, but chips drive me crazy!

5. Definitely long hair.  I need to type and play piano!  (besides, I can't paint them, so what is the point?!?)

6. I'm too much of a control freak to let anyone else pick my makeup!

7. Mascara

8. I can wipe off my teeth, so definitely that!

9. Nail polish.  Cheaper, and foundation is a nightmare to clean up!

10. Burn?  But neither, please!!!

11. I can barely do either, really, but I guess eyeshadow?  I can pull of the one sparkly shade look like no one else. 😉

12.  Eugh.  Too hard!  I have crazy fine hair that is completely uncooperative without conditioner, but has to be washed every two days.  I can't choose!

13. No shaving for me it is!

14. Bah, hair and lip gloss I guess.  That's just annoying - glitter in my eye could actually be dangerous!  (Side note: anyone else here had a corneal abrasion?  I seem particularly prone to them, and they are awful!)

15. Ah, two things I can't do if my life depends on it!  False lashes.  Flutter flutter!  

Image result for mulan matchmaker gif

This is what I imagine when I think of mascara running...it's no where near as glam as Beyonce.

Yaaaaas! Great use of the Beyonce pic!

ugh I freaking love that picture, I would totally frame that and hang it on my wall and im not even a huge beyonce fan

This was fun!

Spoiler
1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again? Makeup, especially if it includes limited editions!

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear? Eyeliner. This one was easy since I rarely wear other eyeliner colors.

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark? Light. Then I'd fix it with bronzer.

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life? I'd rather have no polish than chipped polish.

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them? Omg. This is terrible. Hair doesn't get in the way as much as nails. I can't stand having long nails, anyway.

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life? I'd choose my own bag and stuff it full of Guerlain, Givenchy, Burberry, Chanel, and Nars. Knowing my luck, the mystery bag would be full of Jeffree Star products!

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it? Runny mascara is easy to fix!

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it? Teeth. It's easier to fix.

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter? Nail polish because my foundation is $$ and my nail polish is $8.

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life? Burn.

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again? Eyeshadow. I'd simply do a dramatic winged liner that didn't require blended eyeshadow!

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again? Conditioner, since hair masks and oils exist.

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again? I'd take body hair over itchiness!

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day? Dude. I worked at a Hallmark store when I was in college, and I was always covered in glitter. I'm used to it. But only if I'm not wearing contacts. That hurts. Fine, I'll go with the hair on my balm.

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time? Winged liner!

Collect up those limited editions and open a makeup museum!!!

Makeup was an easy answer for me. That  LE box of all the Tom Ford Lips and Boys definitely costs way more than all of my Ole Henriksen and First Aid Beauty skin care products!

Yes to the limited editions! 😄

Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • upload_861223313005210347.png
  • TAMMY.jpg
  • Mascara
  • 4_3-ZcyAIlvHjAlYD3jc3usiCw.jpg
  • IMG_0123.GIF
  • upload_4335542571143764390.gif
  • upload_8666721912179748995.gif
testing