Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

Alrighty folks, time for some fun and games!

Respect the exercise, so no twisting around the choices or altering them. 😛

Let's see what we come up with!

Would you rather:

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again?

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?

Image result for tatianna choices gif

Re: Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

Ohhh this is fun, but also tough!

Spoiler

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?
Skincare! So important and usually much more expensive.

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear? Black eyeliner - it's my favorite shade anyway and I rarely wear red lipstick 🙂

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?  Probably too light - hopefully it will be less obvious (?)

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life? Never wear any nail polish - Chipped polish is one of my biggest pet peeves

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them? Super long hair!  You can always put it up - Super long nails, like Guiness Book of World Records long, totally creep me out, plus they would seriously limit your mobility

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?  One bag of makeup that I pick - I'm boring

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?

Curses!  This one is tough!  I think 20 coats of mascara would make your lashes fall off, so I'd have to go with runny mascara

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it? Transfer to everyone I hug - this already happens when I wear certain lipsticks plus I only hug people I'm really close to and they'd understand (I hope!)

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?

Foundation!  Even though it costs more, it is easier to clean up!  There is still some nail polish soaked into the tile on my daughter's bathroom floor from when she was like 5 and dropped a bottle

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?  Eyebrow - Although I'd probably also shave the other one so they would look the same.

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?

Cheek!  I think badly blended eyeshadow is so much more noticible

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again?  This is the worst one yet! My hair gets really oily, but it is also damaged, so I will have to say wash once a week - I need my conditioner!

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?  Zero body hair!!!!

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?  Hair caught in lipgloss - This happens to me almost every day anyway

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time? I suck at both of these, but I will say winged liner because my lashes are already pretty long

The brow/wax question would entail keeping one natural brow and having one shaved...no shaving the other off to match 😛

Awww man!   I think I will still go with eyebrow - maybe I'll start a new fashion trend....  @lylysa

Only if you accompany it with this sassy shoulder roll (a la The Rock):

Image result for people's eyebrow gif

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again? Skin care. That stuff costs way more than makeup. 

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear? Black Eyeliner

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark? 2 light. Bring on the paleness. 

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life? Never again. I'm used to not being able to wear it because of work. 

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them? Hair! Ew I can't stand super long nails on me. Always cutting myself.

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life? 1 Bag.

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it? Cry. I'm afraid that much mascara would make my eyelashes fall off.

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it? Haha oh jeez. Lipstick to teeth. 

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter? Foundation. I've broken nail polish at my old job...not fun to clean up. 

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life? Oh man, shaved eyebrow. 

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again? Cheeks. I can't blend it now anyways 😄

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again? I can deal with either, but I'll take once a week. 

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again? No hair no hair no hair!! I hate hate hate body hair. Naturally I grow it like a caveman.

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?Hair in lip balm, I'm used to that. 

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time? Winged Liner! Its a dream of mine.

You mean you wouldn't want this??? Haha!

Image result for louise long nails bob's burgers

I am loving everyone's responses and justification that they're offering up! I thought of some more questions when I was washing my hair so there may be a second thread made at some point with more deviousness!!!!!!

MUAHAHAHHAH!! 😛

kristen wiig maya rudolph movie s melissa mccarthy ellie kemper

Muahaha

Spoiler

Skincare! My goal is to be a vampire and not age haha. Having an unlimited budget for skincare would greatly help with this 😉

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

Black is the only shade of eyeliner I really rock anyway and I don't really like wearing lipstick that much so definitely a! 

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

2 shades too light...because Cover FX Drops 😄

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

Never wear nail polish ever again. I can't take chipped nails, I will just pick at it until it's gone anyway!

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

I will take the Rapunzel hair! I need to be able to use my phalanges lol. 

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?

One makeup bag that I get to pack. I like control over my makeup.

I'll take the runny mascara! *cue Lauren Conrad's infamous black tear*

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?

Face makeup transfer...I can leave people with a piece of me 😛

Nail polish! My foundation is too expensive to voluntarily break haha. 

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?

Ugh ouch! I guess I'll take the lip wax burn. Hopefully it's small! 

I have a naturally angled face so I don't "need" to contour. I do need to blend eyeshadow though!

Only wash hair once a week! Healthier hair. 

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?

We're going primal! I hate being itchy 

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?

Hair in the lipgloss. I abuse my eyes enough as it is lol. 

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?

Winged eyeliner for sure! 

Love the gif!

Ohhhh Clever answer to #3 @Mcakes

Also - Awwww #8! ❤️

Spoiler

A- I would rather have every skin care item for the rest of my life without having to pay for it! Reasoning: If my skincare is taken care of, my skin looks better and I go makeup free more often, and also I love Drunk Elephant and its definitely more expensive than buying a lipstick or eyeshadow palette!

A- 
This one is easy! Definitely have black eye liner be my only liner. I can still pair it with colourful eyeshadows and use cream eyeshadows as liner, so I can still get some variety. Also, I just love the fact that any time I don't feel like wearing a face of makeup I just throw on some lipstick and I *need* to have variety to choose from!

A- Definitely 2 shades too light. I'm basically transparent in skin tone so I could never get something 2 shades too dark to match my neck, whereas I could add blush, bronzer etc. to a foundation 2 shades too light to add some life to my skin. Also, not even sure if one exists thats actually 2 shades lighter than me!

A- 
This is tough! How chipped are we talking about? If its a tiny chip than definitely to have that because i *love* doing my nails. But if we are talking a half-nail chip, then no way. The picking urge in me would be happening all day long, wouldn't be able to stand it!

A- Definitely super long hair! Nails start to go all curled when they grow indefinitely, and I couldn't bear to have that on my hands

A- One bag of makeup for sure! I can get way more use out of choosing products carefully versus a bag of products I might not be able to make the most of

A- Well this is certainly a lose-lose. Id say have my mascara run because at least I can clean it up. 

A- Have my lipstick on my teeth. I can clean it off, whereas I couldn't bear to see a beige smudge on everyones clothing! That would be awful and id probably go broke trying to buy them replacement clothes!

A- Definitely foundation. Its less chemically smellling and wouldn't stain my counter as much

A- omg definitely the eyebrow! Mine are so light anyways I have to fill them in, and I feel like an upper lip burn is way messier and unpleasant to deal with!

A- Um can I please the fifth? ugh this is awful!  I cant do it!

A- wash it once a week! I already do that half the time, thats what dry shampoo is for!!

A- I suppose it depends on the hair thats there! is it peach fuzz? Because I can live with peach fuzz! Otherwise I suppose living with itchy skin, I just cant deal with legit armpit hair!

A- Definitely hair caught in the gloss! I feel like i would have permanent damage to my eyeball if glitter got in it every single day! That s**t hurts!

A- Winged liner for sure! I wish

Eep, only about half the questions/answers posted.

But for the nail polish chipping bit, I would say it would be random.....which isn't terrible...but it would suck if you've got a fancy event and right as you go to shake hands about half of your nail polish on your dominant hand is hanging on at about 30%!

I just edited it so the rest are there!

hmm thats so tough, 30%..im going to go with no polish. maybe my nails would get super healthy and long on their own and look great anyways...a gal can dream!

Also, thank-you for putting the time and effort into creating this game! It was really fun and definatley made me think about my beauty habits!  

You're welcome! 😄 I had fun putting it together to where even I'm thinking about the choices and going "Darn....I don't want either of these but I'm making the game so I'm still going to have to pick!"

The chipped nails thing could be so hit or miss. Like a chip on a natural/soft color wouldn't be as glaring as virtually missing polish on one whole finger if you're sporting a dark shade! Decisions!!!!

P.S. You must choose for 11!!!! I know it's torture!

For 13, if you keep to just soft skin but keeping body hair that means any aspect of body hair will just grow and grow and grow....so while some areas may have peach fuzz, things like underarms and legs would just grow! Let it go GROWWW!!!!

Spoiler
1. Have every skin care product! Makeup is fun, but healthy skin is forever!

2. Black eyeliner because I don't like red lipstick.

3. Wear a foundation that is 2 shades too light. There's always bronzer to fix it lol

4. Never wear any nail polish because chipped polish makes me feel so gross.

5. Super long hair! Especially since I've chopped mine off and miss it 😞

6. Use one bag of makeup because that's what I normally do day-to-day.

7. Ugh. Neither one. But if I have I have to choose, runny mascara is better than haveing no eyelashes at all from all that mascara.

8. Face makeup transfer because it's not my clothes. Lol just kidding, it's super embarrassing but not as bad as having lipstick on my teeth.

9. Break a bottle of nail polish! My Teint Idole 24hr is too expensive to be breaking on the floor!

10. Deal with the burn. 

11. Never to being able to blend eyeshadow is fine because I hardly wear it.

12. I would only wash my hair once a week, and use my Oribe the other 6 days. Which is what I basically do now lol

13. I guess have super smooth skin? I definitely don't want to be scratching for the rest of my life!

14. Well since glitter can cause you to go blind, I'll take #2, please!

15. Perfect eyeliner! I'm not high maintenance enough for lashes every day. 

this was fun! but also made me realize how simple my routine has gotten. I'm not sure if that's good or bad haha

LOL, I love your response about makeup transfer because it won't be on your clothes!

Spoiler

1. Skincare! 100% !

2. *looks at the million shades of lipsticks I own and 1 non-black eyeliner* ... black eyeliner. 

3. Too light! 

4. Never wear nail polish again! (Although this makes me sad to think that) 

5. Long hair don't care! 

upload_861223313005210347.png

6. I mean, I'm assuming the one bag of makeup gets replenished with the same items when it gets old... because otherwise I'm losing an eye... so one bag of makeup! 

7. 20 coats of BEAUTIFUL mascara? *winks and is never able to open eyes again

8. Easy question! Face makeup transferring on everyone I hug. It's like licking things to claim them as your own.

9. Break foundation. C-yaaaa! 

10. Upper lip burn.

11. Never blend eyeshadow. I need blush in my life more.

12. Easy question! I have curly hair that barely ever gets washed anyway, so only washing once a week 😄 

13. Looks like I'm going to be participating in no-shave Nove... *cough* rest of my life

14. Hair getting caught. It does that anyway 😄 

15. Winged eyeliner!

Hahaha Cousin It! He's my favorite. 

Long hair, don't care! 😉

For real, Cousin It kinda has a gangsta' lean in that pic too!

ahhhh, look!  You found my real photo online! lol!!!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • upload_861223313005210347.png
  • TAMMY.jpg
  • Mascara
  • 4_3-ZcyAIlvHjAlYD3jc3usiCw.jpg
  • IMG_0123.GIF
  • upload_4335542571143764390.gif
  • upload_8666721912179748995.gif
testing