Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

Alrighty folks, time for some fun and games!

Respect the exercise, so no twisting around the choices or altering them. 😛

Let's see what we come up with!

Would you rather:

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again?

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?

Image result for tatianna choices gif

Re: Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition

I just couldn't....

@lylysa, how fun!

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again?

- I am willing to pay for good skincare.  Makeup is secondary to me, so I would rather have makeup to be free forever.

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

- I don't care for eyeliner, and I love a red lip.  So red lipstick.

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

- Oh dear.  If it were one shade off, I might go lighter.  But for 2 shades off, I must go darker.  It is hard to cover up "ashy".

4. Only have chipped nail polish for the rest of your life OR never wear any nail polish ever again in your life?

- Easy enough.  I love bare nails and for years I kept them that way.  So I would be fine never wearing nail polish ever again.

5. Have super long hair and never be able to cut it OR have super long nails and never be able to cut them?

- I already have super long hair, longer hair is fine by me.  And I can't stand even the shortest growth in nails.  Long hair wins.

6. Use just one bag of makeup that you get to pack for the rest of your life OR use a mystery bag of makeup that changes up everyday for the rest of your life?

- One bag of makeup please.

7. Wear 20 coats of mascara OR cry and have your mascara run every time you apply it?

- I don't wear mascara as it bothers my eyes.  But if I had to, I would rather cry it off.  20 coats would make me stabby.

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it?

- Have my lipstick transfer to my teeth.  I always check in the mirror after application and lick my teeth off, so no worries.

9. Break a bottle of nail polish on your bathroom floor/counter OR break a bottle of foundation on your bathroom floor/counter?

- break foundation, its easier to wipe off.  Although I am willing to lose nail polish much sooner.

10. Shave off one eyebrow and have to draw it on every day for the rest of your life OR have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of your life?

- Ouch!  I am taking a stand.  I will suffer the pain of a burn.  Medicine will save me.

11. Never be able to blend eye shadow ever again OR never be able to blend cheek color/highlight/bronzer/contour ever again?

- I hardly ever wear eye makeup, so if I can never blend shadow - fine by me.  

- For the sake of the quiz I pick the first choice.  I can survive washing once a week.  But really, I could do either.  I will just change products and stop using a hair dryer.  I could get past a conditioner in a few months.

13. Have zero body hair in unwanted areas but always remain itchy in those spots OR have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair ever again?

- Super smooth skin always.  I will get over being hairy.

14. Have glitter get into your eye every day OR deal with hair getting caught on your lipstick/gloss/balm every day?

- No to glitter.  I have sensitive eyes anyway.  

15. Be able to apply false lashes with complete ease OR be able to create the perfect winged liner every time?

- Between the two, I am more interested in a wing than false lashes.

Yeah, the use of skin care to save the burned upper lip is what got me. If it were BOTH brows shaved and drawn in, no probs...but having to explain one drawn in and one natural brow would be too much...especially since my natural brows are fuller so I'd sketch away to the end of time to draw in just the one daily.

1. Makeup! I immediately thought skincare, but I'm set in my routine...and while the items I use are on the pricier side, I tend to buy alot more makeup because makeup is fun lol.

2. Black eyeliner! I'm not talented enough with eyeliner as it is, and when I do - I tend to reach for black lol. And I RARELY wear red lipstick.

3. Too...light? I could bronze the sh*t out of it, right? But if it was dark, I could just wear a turtleneck?

4. Never wear nail polish again I suppose :/.

5. Hair!

6. I can't believe I'm saying this - the makeup bag of things I love. Especially if size of said bag is discretionary 😄

7. I guess the 20 coats O.O

8. Makeup transfer every time I hug. Sorry everyone.

9. Nail polish is less expensive to replace (especially since I don't wear Louboutin polish lol.

10. Does the burn hurt? Because if it doesn't - I'd prefer that. My eyebrows would never look the same otherwise.

11. *Cries* why are you so cruel lylysa?! I guess eye shadow O.O

12. Only get to wash my hair once a week

13. Wait. Does it look like I have the itchies, or does it just feel that way?

14. Hair getting caught on my lipstick/gloss/balm every day

15. Be able to create the perfect winged liner every time! I can't do either now, so just being able to do liner would be amazing!

For 13, since it itches, you can't resist the scratching all the time, so eventually skin would be red or flaky....but that's not to say you must scratch EVERY time...just depends on your limits. 

For 6, I purposely left out what size the makeup bag would be :P.

Oooh I love games! Thanks for creating this, @lylysa!

It's long so I'm going to put my responses in the spoiler. 

Spoiler

Skin care! I think I can skip makeup on days where my skin looks good.

2. Have black be the only shade of eye liner you can sport OR have red be the only shade of lipstick you can ever wear?

This is a tough one. I'd rather only have black as the only shade of eye liner I can wear. What's the point of buying lots of lipsticks if I can only wear red 😛

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark?

Maybe a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light? I think I can warm it up with a bronzer.

Never wear any nail polish every again. (I'm not a nail polish person so this is an easy one for me)

Have super long hair! I can then pretend that I'm Rapunzel 😄

I'm going to use just one bag of makeup. I'm afraid of the possibility that I might get a foundation with bad formula in a mystery bag.

I'd rather cry and have my mascara run every time I apply it. I don't wear falsies so I would hate to wear 20 coats of mascara. 

I'd rather have my lipstick transfer to my teeth every time I apply it.

Nail polish.

I've never messed with my eyebrows nor used any eyebrow products so I guess I'd rather have to deal with a burn from an upper lip wax for the rest of my life.

I'd rather never be able to blend eye shadow ever again.

I'd rather only get to wash my hair once a week.

I'd rather have super smooth skin but never be able to shave/remove body hair every again. 

I'd rather deal with my hair getting caught on my lipstick/gloss/balm every day. I really don't want to go blind after getting glitter in my eye. 

I'd rather be able to create the perfect winged liner every time. I don't wear false lashes anyways 🙂

Whoooo, broken bottle of nail polish!

Funny enough, I once knocked over a bottle of gel polish at home and was like "OH NO!! PANIC!" but it wiped off super easy and because it wasn't set with a light, it left zero trace of residue and color! I was so surprised! Easiest clean up of nail polish ever!

Now, regular polish....that's a different story. Haha!

@lylysa I've never broken a nail polish bottle so I don't know how hard it is to clean up nail polish hahaha. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision 😛 

My foundation tends to be more expensive than my nail polish so I would rather save my foundation lol

*fingers crossed for you that you never do contend with a broken nail polish bottle* 😛

My choices:

1. Skin Care, as much as I love makeup, skin care matters more to me.

2. Black liner for me all day, please 😛

3. I'll deal with a shade that is 2 shades too light. I can always add bronzer to the max to "warm" me up!

4. This is tough....because my nails do better when they're painted....so I'll go with the chips.

5. Super long hair and never be able to cut it, I hardly cut my hair as is currently.

6. I'll pack my own bag, thank you! Don't want to run the risk of the mystery bag being a complete miss for me.

7. 20 coats of mascara, done and done! I can layer about 1/4 of that on a normal day so I'm fine with adding more!

8. Lipstick transfer, easier clean up!

9. Foundation....at least it won't be a rush to clean it up before it dries and stains...plus acetone can be so harsh on materials!

10. As fun as it is to draw on brows, I'll go with the lip burn.

11. Never be able to blend blush/contour/bronzer/highlighter, I can go further with skipping that, but I love working with some eye shadows!

12. Wash it once a week!

13. I'll take the hair-free itch haha!

14. Glitter...as much as it hurts, I can't stand hair dragging lip color across my face in the process.

15. I'll take liner skills.

1. Have every makeup item OR skin care item you want for the remainder of your life without having to pay for it ever again? (only because skin care I go through faster and it's more expensive for me!)

3. Wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too light OR wear a foundation shade that is 2 shades too dark? can always add bronzer 😉

8. Have your face makeup transfer on everyone you hug OR have your lipstick transfer to your teeth every time you apply it? (i'm not a hugger anyway!)

12. Only get to wash your hair once a week OR never use conditioner ever again? (that's where oils come in haha)

You're brave for going to the mystery bag! 😄

Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • upload_861223313005210347.png
  • TAMMY.jpg
  • Mascara
  • 4_3-ZcyAIlvHjAlYD3jc3usiCw.jpg
  • IMG_0123.GIF
  • upload_4335542571143764390.gif
  • upload_8666721912179748995.gif
testing