Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition Part II

It's been a few months since I had created the original thread and I figured since it went over so well that it's about time to launch a second version!

For those wanting to check in on the chaos from part 1, here you go:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Would-You-Rather-The-Sephora-Edition/m-p/2674243/...

The rules are simple, you must make a choice between the options given. You can justify it however you want, but you can't alter the initial circumstances. In other words if the option is "Would you rather glitter get stuck in your eye every day or have your hair caught on lip gloss every day?" you can't say "Well, I don't wear lip gloss anyway so I go with that option!" By choosing the lip gloss, that means you'd have to put on lip gloss to eventually have your hair get caught on it. 😛

Obviously this game is just for fun (no one is going to force you to apply lip gloss and have your hair get caught in it :P), so with that being said, game on! Feel free to post responses in a spoiler tag if you're not wanting to have your answers in a long, visible post!

Image result for wayne's world game on gif

WOULD YOU RATHER;

1. Only be able to cash in on any promo with no spending minimums with a guarantee that whatever promo will be in-stock, but have to never get the annual discounts of $X and X% off every again OR only be able to cash in on the $X and X% off discounts and have to deal with spending minimums for promos, but run the risk of stock running out?

2. Only be able to use singles (eye shadow pans, blush pans, bronzer pans, lipstick bullets, etc.) for the rest of your life OR only be able to use palettes (concealer palettes, eye shadow palettes, blush palettes, lipstick palettes, etc.) for the rest of your life?

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look OR a matte eye look with a metallic lip for the rest of your life?

4. Go through the day with one set of eye lashes glued down together from a failed false lash application OR go through with red lipstick smeared on your chin all day?

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it for 24 hours OR apply a coat of every single shade of nail polish on your nails and wear it for 24 hours?

6. Wear a shade of Anastasia's Dip Brow that is 2 shades too light for your hair/brow color OR 2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color?

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month OR have to just buy brand new set of brushes for yourself and all your friends who use brushes?

8. Lose a Beauty Blender to a pet who has turned it into a chew toy OR drop your favorite makeup brush in the toilet?

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush on OR spend that entire week with too much bronzer on?

10. Never be able to shop instores every again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora OR have a Sephora 1 mile within where you live and only be able to shop there and never have access to Sephora's site every again?

11. Get the entire Tom Ford lipstick collection for free only to discover all the tubes have melted down OR get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora with no worries of melting happening?

12. Wear one of Dr. Jart's Rubber Masks (which have their rubber mask pieces colored according to their type) out in public on a date OR wear Glam Glow's Gravity Mud Mask (which is silver in color) out in public on a date?

13. Break your favorite bottle of perfume on the floor OR have to wear the entire bottle of your favorite perfume?

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do not predominately use OR have a different stranger a day for a week do your makeup for you?

15. Wear around an unblended contour/highlight look (as in the swipes, dots, dashes, and laid-down application of colors before you tackle and blend everything out) out for a week OR wear around an undusted baked look (as in a super generous and heavy amount of powder is applied to regions of the face to set creams/liquids) out for a week?

Re: Would You Rather: The Sephora Edition Part II

1. Only be able to cash in on any promo with no spending minimums  OR only be able to cash in on the $X and X% 

any promo without spending minimum. i often choose those over the % anyways.

2. Only be able to use singles OR only be able to use palettes 

Singles. just because lipsticks are better single in a purse. I'm assuming the loophole of using a zpalette doesn't work 😛 but i would still rather keep an organized singles drawer of shadows, etc, than carry a lip palette around

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look OR a matte eye look with a metallic lip for the rest of your life?

Tough one but...

Matte eye/metallic lip

4. eye lashes glued down together  OR smeared red lipstick?

lipstick on chin

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it  OR apply a coat of every single shade of nail polish 

liquid lipstick

6. Wear a shade of Anastasia's Dip Brow that is 2 shades too light for your hair/brow color OR 2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color?

too light

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month OR have to just buy brand new set of brushes for yourself and all your friends who use brushes?

wash them

8. Lose a Beauty Blender to a pet who has turned it into a chew toy OR drop your favorite makeup brush in the toilet?

lose the beauty blender

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush on OR spend that entire week with too much bronzer on?

too much blush

10. shop online OR shop instore

IF we're to assume they both have the same products (so no "online only"s/everything is also stocked at the store) store,

if we're keeping the actual stock of products online vs store as is, I'll pick online.

11.  melted Tom Ford OR get $200 whichever lipstick

200$ of my choosing

12. Wear one of Dr. Jart's Rubber MasksOR wear Glam Glow's Gravity Mud Mask 

whichever consistency is more comfortable. 

13. Break your favorite bottle of perfume on the floor OR have to wear the entire bottle of your favorite perfume?

break it

14. other hand OR stranger

stranger a day...it would be interesting to see

15. unblended contour/highlight look  OR undusted baked look 

undusted/...i think

How fun!!!  Let's see how crazy this time around! lol @lylysa

1. Only be able to cash in on any promo with no spending minimums never...........OR.......get the annual discounts of $X

I can get $ discounts at other stores. The promos are pretty unique to Sephora.

2. Only be able to use singles .............OR....... only be able to use palettes for the rest of your life?

3.  wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look........OR............ a matte eye look with a metallic lip for the rest of your life?

4. Go through the day with one set of eye lashes glued down together from a failed false lash application.............OR............ go through with red lipstick smeared on your chin all day? None, I would call in a sick day! lol!

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it for 24 hours.........OR............ apply a coat of every single shade of nail polish on your nails and wear it for 24 hours?

6. Wear a shade of Anastasia's Dip Brow that is 2 shades too light for your hair/brow color ...........OR................ 2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color?

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month..................OR............. have to just buy brand new set of brushes for yourself and all your friends who use brushes?

8. Lose a Beauty Blender to a pet who has turned it into a chew toy ................OR............ drop your favorite makeup brush in the toilet?

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush on.................OR............. spend that entire week with too much bronzer on?

10.  online shopping at Sephora........ OR ..............have a Sephora 1 mile within where you live and only be able to shop there and never have access to Sephora's site every again?

11. Get the entire Tom Ford lipstick collection for free only to discover all the tubes have melted down............... OR ...............get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora ?

12. Wear one of Dr. Jart's Rubber Masks out in public on a date..............OR................. wear Glam Glow's Gravity Mud Mask ( out in public on a date?

13. Break your favorite bottle of perfume on the floor ..............OR............... have to wear the entire bottle of your favorite perfume?

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do not predominately use............ OR.................... have a different stranger a day for a week do your makeup for you?

15. Wear around an unblended contour/highlight look (as in the swipes, dots, dashes, and laid-down application of colors before you tackle and blend everything out) out for a week............... OR............. wear around an undusted baked look (as in a super generous and heavy amount of powder is applied to regions of the face to set creams/liquids) out for a week? I have no idea what this means! I will just add an extra week on the heavy-duty blush!  ;')

So funny enough for #4, I didn't specify if you had to be out and about for it....so TECHNICALLY you could just stay in all day but have the glued lash or red lipstick smear. 😛

Here's an example pic of "baking"

Image result for baking makeup look

And here's an example shot of what you would have to walk around with if you did the unblended contour/highlight:

Image result for contour highlight diagram

Thanks for the shots!

Yes, the contour!  That looks way cooler!  lol!!!  The smeared red lipstick while I napped! (towel over pillow case)

What does baking do?

Baking helps to set liquid and cream formulas better. This is typically done if a heavier amount of product is used, for example, theater performers or drag queens) tend to "set" their foundation, highlight, and contour creams/liquids with a generous amount of powder in a corresponding shade so that dry aspect can really pull out all the excess moisture from those formulas or oils from skin to help makeup last longer for harsher conditions. This can also be used to reinforce the color and impact of aspects such as highlight and contouring. It's caught on more with beauty makeup as of late as folks have wanted to extend the durability of their makeup.

Image result for drag queen baking

These are so much fun! Thanks for putting another one together @lylysa

Spoiler
1. Only be able to cash in on any promo with no spending minimums with a guarantee that whatever promo will be in-stock, but have to never get the annual discounts of $X and X% off ever again OR only be able to cash in on the $X and X% off discounts and have to deal with spending minimums for promos, but run the risk of stock running out?

I'm actually going to go with the promos. Promos are the main thing that entices me to make an order, so a no spending minimum would be great! Plus the discounts at Sephora are becoming less and less great, so I'd rather have the guaranteed in-stock promos.

2. Only be able to use singles (eyeshadow pans, blush pans, bronzer pans, lipstick bullets, etc.) for the rest of your life OR only be able to use palettes (concealer palettes, eyeshadow palettes, blush palettes, lipstick palettes, etc.) for the rest of your life?

Singles!

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look OR a matte eye look with a metallic lip for the rest of your life?

Matte lip and metallic eye. This is actually my favorite makeup combo, so I don't mind sticking with it. 🙂

4. Go through the day with one set of eyelashes glued down together from a failed false lash application OR go through with red lipstick smeared on your chin all day?

I've never used false lashes and that scenario looks extremely uncomfortable. Red lipstick smear, please!

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it for 24 hours OR apply a coat of every single shade of nail polish on your nails and wear it for 24 hours?

Nail polish. Having a bunch of stuff on my lips would drive me nuts.

6. Wear a shade of Anastasia's Dip Brow that is 2 shades too light for your hair/brow color OR 2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color?

Two shades too dark.

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month OR have to just buy a brand new set of brushes for yourself and all your friends who use brushes?

The cheapskate in me is picking brush washing. 😄

8. Lose a Beauty Blender to a pet who has turned it into a chew toy OR drop your favorite makeup brush in the toilet?

Lose a Beauty Blender. I have cats though, so they'd probably just bat it around anyway.

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush on OR spend that entire week with too much bronzer on?

Too much blush.

10. Never be able to shop in stores every again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora OR have a Sephora 1 mile within where you live and only be able to shop there and never have access to Sephora's site every again?

Online shopping for me! I hate shopping in stores, so this was an easy choice.

11. Get the entire Tom Ford lipstick collection for free only to discover all the tubes have melted down OR get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora with no worries of melting happening?

$200 Sephora shopping spree!

12. Wear one of Dr. Jart's Rubber Masks (which have their rubber mask pieces colored according to their type) out in public on a date OR wear Glam Glow's Gravity Mud Mask (which is silver in color) out in public on a date?

I'm going to go with the Glam Glow mask.

13. Break your favorite bottle of perfume on the floor OR have to wear the entire bottle of your favorite perfume?

Break my favorite bottle of perfume. Thankfully, my favorite isn't LE or too expensive.

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do no predominately use OR have a different stranger a day for a week do your makeup for you?

I guess I'll be using my right hand for a week!

15. Wear around an unblended contour/highlight look (as in the swipes, dots, dashes, and laid-down application of colors before you tackle and blend everything out) out for a week OR wear around an undusted baked look (as in a super generous and heavy amount of powder is applied to regions of the face to set creams/liquids) out for a week?

Unblended conture/highlight.

Image result for red lipstick fail

This is a good look, right? 😛

@lylysa Whelp, it would work wonders as a deterrent for random strangers telling me to smile. 😉 😄

Yell out "I'm ROUGE!!!!" when you sport this look! Hahaha!

Thanks Lylysa, these are always so much fun! 😄

1. only be able to cash in on the $X and X% off discounts and have to deal with spending minimums for promos, but run the risk of stock running out. The promos don't usually excite me, so I'd rather have the $$$ off.

2. Only be able to use singles (eye shadow pans, blush pans, bronzer pans, lipstick bullets, etc.) for the rest of your life. I don't mind singles; I own a lot of singles.

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look. I dislike matte eyeshadow, so this is an easy answer. Although I'd still miss metallic lips.

4. Go through the day with one set of eye lashes glued down together from a failed false lash application. I feel like this would be easier to camouflage?

5. apply a coat of every single shade of nail polish on your nails and wear it for 24 hours? every shade of lipstick sounds too grotesque. At least I could hide my hands.

6. 2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color? I think with a light touch it wouldn't look too bad...?

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month. I don't mind washing brushes.

8. Lose a Beauty Blender to a pet who has turned it into a chew toy. Dropping a brush in the toilet would make me cry.  BB are meant to be thrown away and replaced regularly anyway.

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush on. Meh, I'd just say I'm 'draping' 😄

10. Never be able to shop instores every again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora. I dislike shopping in my local store, so this is easy.

11. get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora with no worries of melting happening? I don't like lip brush application, so I'd rather have unmelted product.

12. wear Glam Glow's Gravity Mud Mask (which is silver in color) out in public on a date? the silver one could be fun, like robot face.  The rubber one is just scary looking.

13. Break your favorite bottle of perfume on the floor. I think if I wore a whole bottle of my favorite perfume at once, it would no longer be my favorite perfume.  I'd rather break it and buy a new one.

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do no predominately use. I'm pretty confident in my right hand's ability to not suck 😄

15. wear around an undusted baked look (as in a super generous and heavy amount of powder is applied to regions of the face to set creams/liquids) out for a week? I dunno, I feel like undusted baking would illicit fewer questions?

I'm pretty confident in my right hand's ability to not suck Smiley Very Happy <-----Stayin' positive!! I like it!

1. cash in on the $X and X% off discounts and have to deal with spending minimums for promos, but run the risk of stock running out

2. Only be able to use singles (eye shadow pans, blush pans, bronzer pans, lipstick bullets, etc.) for the rest of your life - Yeah, the movie was the first thing I thought of too!

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look

4. red lipstick smeared on your chin all day

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it for 24 hours

6. Dip Brow that is 2 shades too dark for your hair/brow color

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month 

8. Lose a Beauty Blender to a pet who has turned it into a chew toy - My cats would just bat it around.

9. Be stuck for an entire week with too much blush - I wear my bronzer as blush, so it doesn't really matter.

10. Never be able to shop instores every again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora

11. get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora with no worries of melting happening?

12. N/A - I don't use masks 

13. Break your favorite bottle of perfume on the floor

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do no predominately use

15. N/A - I don't do contour/highlighting in this sense and I don't bake my liquids/creams

Now I'm imaging this gif as your cats, only with a Beauty Blender! ^_^

Image result for cat batting gif

For 12 and 15, you'd have to choose one or the other for the sake of the exercise. 😛

Even if you don't use masks, if for some reason and weird circumstance you had to go out on a date with the mandatory aspect of wearing a mask, it'd be those two to choose between.

Yeah, another one!

Spoiler

1. Only be able to cash in on any promo with no spending minimums with a guarantee that whatever promo will be in-stock, but have to never get the annual discounts of $X and X% off every again OR only be able to cash in on the $X and X% off discounts and have to deal with spending minimums for promos, but run the risk of stock running out?

Money and % off, definitely. While there are great promos; I'm working on a minimalist approach to my stash, so being given an incentive to get a bunch of promos, wouldn't work well for me.

2. Only be able to use singles (eye shadow pans, blush pans, bronzer pans, lipstick bullets, etc.) for the rest of your life OR only be able to use palettes (concealer palettes, eye shadow palettes, blush palettes, lipstick palettes, etc.) for the rest of your life?

Singles. I rarely wear eyeshadows, and I'm so picky when it comes to bronzer/blush products that I often refuse to buy palettes because I won't use most of the shades in them.

3. Have to wear a matte lip with a metallic eye look OR a matte eye look with a metallic lip for the rest of your life?

I should say, before answering this, that I love rocking a metallic lip in every day life, so this one is a no-brainer for me. Matte eye look and metallic lips, all day-every day.

4. Go through the day with one set of eye lashes glued down together from a failed false lash application OR go through with red lipstick smeared on your chin all day?

Wait...there's such a thing as successful false lash application? I thought those were myths along with unicorns and mermaids?! Lol, anyways. I would rather have a failed false lash application, at least I wouldn't look like I cut myself all day.

5. Swatch every single shade of liquid lipstick on your lips and wear it for 24 hours OR apply a coat of every single shade of nail polish on your nails and wear it for 24 hours?

Nail polish. I have a total of 5 nail polishes in my collection and putting on five coats of paint would be a lot nicer than putting on 12 layers of liquid lipstick on my lips.

So I will say, because I am confident that the color does not exist in Anastasia's collection, I would want to use a dip brow that is 2 shades too light for my hair color. I have golden/light blonde hair so even the "blonde" brow pencils are typically darker than my brow/hair color.

7. Wash all of your makeup brushes and all the brushes of your friends for 1x a week for an entire month OR have to just buy brand new set of brushes for yourself and all your friends who use brushes?

If I didn't have to worry about money, I would buy all new brush sets each time I would want clean brushes. I only have one friend who wears makeup, and she doesn't even consistently wear it (she's into using her fingers for all of the products that she wears), so that wouldn't be too expensive to do. Bonus; I would be able to justify buying more brushes from Wayne Goss and Japonesque, win-win 😉

Lose a beauty blender to my thief of a dog. I don't use my beauty blender enough to feel destroyed by seeing it destroyed. While I might feel that way seeing a beloved brush in the toilet bowl.

Blush. I'm naturally pale, so bronzer at all tends to look awkward on my skin. Too much bronzer would make me more self-conscious than too much blush.

10. Never be able to shop instores every again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora OR have a Sephora 1 mile within where you live and only be able to shop there and never have access to Sephora's site every again?

As much as I like buying online, swatching and being able to grab customized samples are so important for me, so only being able to buy products in-store.

11. Get the entire Tom Ford lipstick collection for free only to discover all the tubes have melted down OR get $200 to spend on whatever lipsticks you want in Sephora with no worries of melting happening?

$200 to spend on lipsticks. I've never been in love with Tom Ford lipsticks, so this is again, a win-win.

Glam Glow's gravity mask. I would just go out on Halloween and claim it's part of my costume (skin care addict).

Break my favorite bottle. I don't like overpowering scents, and even the subtlest of scents will be overpowering if I try to wear all of it at once. I would have to bathe in it a couple to times to be able to wear all of it.

14. Apply your makeup for a week only with the hand that you do no predominately use OR have a different stranger a day for a week do your makeup for you?

I'm going to take my luck with a stranger. My non-dominant hand is useless when trying to blend out foundation with a brush, so that would not work for me.

15. Wear around an unblended contour/highlight look (as in the swipes, dots, dashes, and laid-down application of colors before you tackle and blend everything out) out for a week OR wear around an undusted baked look (as in a super generous and heavy amount of powder is applied to regions of the face to set creams/liquids) out for a week?

Undusted, baked look. A stark white undereye would basically be my unblended concealer so it would be nothing new for me.

OOoooo, Halloween GG Gravity mask date! That actually would sound like fun!

I've actually started rocking a metallic lip as of late with the new Smashbox Metallic Liquid Lips and really like it! I got the red and blue and the sheen on both are well balanced without looking harsh so that makes them more wearable!

@lylysa Metallic lips are a lot easier to pull off than people think. It's just all about finding the right colors for what you want. 😉

Oh, definitely! 

@lylysa

1. I definitely prefer the discounts

2. I tend to go for singles even though they're not very economical

3. Matte lip and metallic eye!

4. Lipstick smear

5. I'd have to go with the nail polish

6. 2 shades too dark! I have very sparse eyebrows so too light just wouldn't make the cut

7. Wash the brushes

8. Lose the beauty blender. My favourite brushes are just way too expensive!

9. Too much blush! I'm too pale for this bronzing business

10. Online shopping, which I mostly do anyways!

11. $200 option!

12. The mud mask because at least it wouldn't be slipping and sliding all over the place! Although my skin would get very dry.

13. Break the bottle. Either way you won't have perfume left!

14. Non-dominant hand!

15. Undusted baked look because I figure it would eventually dust itself off a bit, and I'm already pale as it is so it may not be that noticeable.

If it's any consolation, for #12, the GG mask is the silver/peel-off one so it's not their typical clay-based formula. 😛

This is too funny! Thanks @lylysa for the laughs!

Spoiler
Spoiler

I'll take the promos. hahaha I love minis and trying out new products.

Palettes are my liiiiiiiife. PALETTES.

OOOH. This is tough for me. I'll go with a matte lip & metallic eye look. I think that would be more work appropriate for my client facing office job than a metallic lip 😛

Oh man. I'll go with the lashes. My eyeglasses would hopefully hide this a bit and not make it as noticeable as the smeared red lippie on my chin.

Nail polish. The lippies screams dry lips and I'm already cringing thinking about that.

I'll go with too light. I have brown hair with natural blonde highlights from the sun, so lighter would be a little more wearable than too dark.

Wash. All. The. Brushes. Just thought about all the money I'd spend on new brushes and whether they'd pay me back or not.. and that wasn't fun. haha

The beauty blender. To my imaginary pet. LOL

This is tough. Too much blush. I can just say I'm hot or just feeling REALLY embarrassed all day and flushed. hahaha

10. Never be able to shop in stores ever again, but be able to have the most dedicated service for superb online shopping at Sephora OR have a Sephora 1 mile within where you live and only be able to shop there and never have access to Sephora's site every again?

Oh lawd. I'll take option numero dos. I like going in store to swatch all the things before I buy. Especially foundation!

I will take the $200, I know that might come as a surprise to some because, Tom Ford. But I'd like the option to take items off my loves list a lot better!

Glam Glow mask. Great conversation starter!

Oh my gosh, both of these are so wasteful! I don't know which is more awful.... I'll go with the broken bottle. I would cry, but everyone around me would be okay. Well, maybe. If I chose to wear the whole bottle of perfume, I feel like I may get attacked by a beehive. (Flowerbomb is my fave btw)

A stranger doing my makeup sounds like a good time. I like that option a lot hahaha There is always room for new friends!

Option one. No reason. I'm done. hahahha

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 73 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • singles.jpg
testing