Why all the complaints?

ChicDabbler

Why all the complaints?

[ Edited ]

Am I the only one who's getting a little peeved/defensive on behalf of the mod and Sephora? Maybe I'm missing all these amazing deals others are used to, in which case please enlighten me. This is not directed toward any specific person or post, just something I noticed over the past months. I'm totally fine with disagreement/discussion as long as we don't sink to personal insult or threats. Here are the issues, from what I can see:

Lack of information or misinformation

- I understand and agree it is absolutely silly for Sephora to hem and haw and refuse to give a straight answer for some of the events/promos until the day of in the name of competitive reasons. C'mon, we already know about some of them, and some customers who would love to take advantage of those things will have to miss them due to the last minute nature.

- But I don't understand the blame on the mods. I've had my fair share of bad ones (losing 800+ pts and have my account broken for 3+ month?) as well as good ones (shipping me the promo by itself when I forgot to add it to my order once). Most of the times when mods give us generic answers, that's because they were unable to find out the exact details or are not allowed to tell them due to Sephora's marketing, but that doesn't mean the mods are bad. Saying the mods don't respond or mods suckdoesn't solve the problem and it's misplaced blame. I mean if I'm a mod and my only two options were to not respond, or respond with a "I don't know and can't find out/tell you." and get a oh-my-gawd-I-hate-you back.....

Discontentment over good promos:

- I do understand the frustration of not getting what was promised for VIB/Rouge level, and I do understand the annoyance of getting emails late, or promo/perks that are manhandled so the mascara is dried etc. The email batch changes so there are times I got the email when the promo is out of stock or the event is over, and there are times when I get them first. 

- I don't understand the complaints about lack of promos or how soon they run out. Yes, the sample selections are not to your/my taste sometimes and I don't mean the chats we have about eagerly anticipating the next promo. People keep talking about the GWP at dept stores and sales/events at Ulta as if they are entitled and Sephora owe them. When I talk to ladies at brands counter in dept stores, they told me they have the 6-8 deluxe GWP twice a year, which is about the same as Sephora (VIB clutch this spring and now, as well as a 8 piece set for normal BI). What about the summer full/half size promos? this yr was full size of Origins eye cream, the yr before that was buy 3 skincare and get 1 full size free, and the 15 days of thrill. It's not fantastically better than other stores, but not worse either compare to beauty.com and ulta. As for complaints about promos running out within a couple of days, isn't that the same for most places? I've seen a couple good promos from beauty.com that runs out within half a day, and sometimes if I go instore a week after I get the GWP email they do run out. Yes, some of the things Sephora offers are worse than previous years, but others are much better than previous years (hello??? the MJ bag of goodies? Stila backstage fashion show?). Overall I think it evens out. Sephora's no better and no worse than other similar companies out there, a little bit better because of the great return policy and occasional great events (Meet MJ in person, Expert chat with brands on BT etc etc).

Anyways, I'm just a little tired of seeing bunch of complaints/negative stuff on the public board (if it's constructive criticism then post in the CS or feedback or PM the mod) and the flood of vague "let's feel happy and love each other" and the cycle repeat. Can we just go back to talk about makeup and skincare? o.o

Or maybe I'm just ranting cuz I've been here too long, like those old ppl with "get off my lawn!!!" and "back in *my* days...". #MidLifeCrisis

ChicDabbler

Re: Why all the complaints?

It is an amazing perk! I can't imagine other multi-brand companies offering this. Like I said, it's only something that just appeared out of blue this year, it may or may not happen next year but there IS something awesome every year. Everybody gets and misses good perks sometimes, the key is not to miss the good perks all the time, lol.

viviene23

[ Edited ]

Yeah I remember now after reading your post below. I don't hoard points but it would be great if they come up with something similar even if its not as grand as the rouge event.

ChicDabbler

Ah, that was the recent gazillion points perk event. It was something like 10k points for a MJ bag filled with goodies, 5k points for a Bliss or Benefit party for you and your friend, 10k points for hanging out with Stila backstage at NYC fashion show. Granted they are at selected locations, but one of the items on my long term wishlist/bucket list was attending a high end fashion show.....then I found out it's only open to industry insiders and my dreams were crushed. It will take forever for me to reach 10k pts, but at least it gives me some hope that they might hold that again, and gathering 10k points is more achievable than me switching my career right now to a successful fashion industry insider. =X

It's something Sephora only did this year, but if enough people like it, hopefully they will do it again. =)

lilyyy

I hadn't realized it was a one-time deal :smileysad:. The big perks were the reason I became Rouge this year. I would like the big perks to be something we can strive to earn, not just randomly available to those to happen to have the points when they're announced.

Would it be so hard to at a 5,000 promo with a handbag and makeup goodies?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 461 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • theramenlover
    • misscg