pinkonyx

When i wake up i put on my make up, becuase im ugly without it?

Okay okay okay, so I don't mean that literally. But today I had a weird experience I wanted to share with you, to see if I am alone. I started back school today (college) and I was sitting in class and kept noticing this one guy looking back at me.  I thought about it later and i was wondering was he looking at the girl next to me? Then without a pause i thought well he couldn't have been looking at me (at least not in a good way) i don't have any make up on.

I told the girls at work, and they all had similar story's. Where they figured because they had no make up on that a guy looking at them wasn't looking in a positive way.

I love make up and always will, I couldn't imagine my life without it. But I wonder do you think this way ever? like embarrassed or uncomfortable if you do not have make up on? Is there a downside to make up?

JaneDoe0601

Re: When i wake up i put on my make up, becuase im ugly without it?

Sadly, I feel like this ALL the time. I feel so strange, and find it hard to believe it when men tell me I look better without make up. I pretty much have myself convinced it's that they don't know what they're talking about. I guess there is a down side to an extent, but HEY I feel like my love for make up is a part of who I am. Everyone has a vice.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

Hey if your love make up who cares what they say huh? men don't wear makeup usually so they don't understand how awesome it is!

bgirling

I generally trend towards a natural look or forgo makeup altogether aside from maybe a gloss unless I am going out on the town so I feel very comfortable without make up on.  I am lucky enough to have decent skin and quite frankly, sometimes I am just too lazy to deal with the makeup routine.  I think I may be more inclined to feel somewhat uncomfortable when I am wearing more makeup (although that doesn't stop me).  One of the few times I really glammed myself up with a smoky eye and bodycon dress I had one male friend almost not recognize me and then another tell me he preferred "jeans and t-shirt" me.  I wasn't too sure how to take either of those comments...haha.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

i think maybe sometimes men prefer plane jane girls because they are more "down to earth" and less intimidating. Although i thinks its very interesting that men say they like women more "natural" but they surely cant help stare when rihanna or megan fox is on the tv, in FULL MAKEUP...

kissXmakeup

Btw, yesterday after work, my boyfriend invited me over to his house for a bbq with his family and to go swimming in his pool. I had eyeshadow, mascara, my brows filled and a bit of the laura mercier smooth finish powder foundation to cover my redness in my cheeks (YAY! I am overcoming my fear). It was so hot outside, so I decided to shower and take all that off, since I was going swimming. I didn't wanna look ridiculous. So I opted for just wearing my Kat Von D Eye Primer, to cover up my veins on my lids, I curled my lashes and put a bit of powder on again and called it a day. I felt soooo weird! My boyfriend was like, "Honey, you look great!" I couldn't believe it. So we got to talking about makeup and what not and he said that he thinks I look great with or without it. Awww. So he is slowly but surely, helping me feel confident in my own skin. 

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

thank you kissxmakeup for sharing! Im so glad you are beginning to become more confident without makeup, with the help of your man. great post!

newermexico

for me it seems to be a self assurance cycle, my attitude/self confidence and how much I believe it 250%... and that is reinforced when you open your mouth, body language/stance, look in your eye, educated language you use...all this can surprise/shock the other party...people are still falling into the trap of judging people on sight.

It seems as you get older there gets a point where certain things in life take priority over make up, how valuable/spendable your time/efforts are...if you want to play the game and why... but even that changes with the situation and your self beliefs. Your facial features and skin will change in time too.

I also found that a good self tanner on your face cuts down 85% of make up needs when you contour apply it to dye certain areas darker...a excellent hair style that enhances your features and cut is worth it.

Spouting all this I admit I never leave the house without earrings on nor NARS lipstick...more importantly you do what makes you feel better and even that will change over time.

PS) next time do a tiny wave to the guy gawking, you might be surprised on what happens.

kissXmakeup

I have redness in my cheeks all the time, and I am not too happy about it. Wear foundation everyday to hide it and perfect my skin. My honey does not mind it and thinks its cute that I am so self conscious about it, which makes me feel a little better. I have started to be a little more comfortable with wearing just a teeny bit of powder and not a liquid foundation, but it has taken me a while.

PamperedKitty

I have always felt uncomfortable without makeup. The one thing that I absolutely cannot go out without wearing is eyeliner. Going out without eyeliner feels to me, like going to church in my underwear.

Sorry, I know it seems shallow, but I just hate my eyes without eyeliner.

clarks18

I think the downside sometimes is people don't take you seriously.  I like thick, heavy winged liner and I like it ALL THE TIME ha.  It doesn't bother me like it used to though.  I wear makeup for me and that is all.  I am in love with it and I create different looks depending on my mod.  I think a lot of people stare too because they just can't do that with their own makeup.  I had a girl tell me at work she didn't have time for makeup because she has too many important things going on in her life too worry about something like makeup.  Great!  That's fine for you.  I have a life too and lots of things going on as well but I still find the time or make the time for my makeup because I enjoy it so much.  As much time and money I have put into my collection you can bet your tush that I am going to wear it however I want, where ever I want.

pinkonyx

wow that girl at your work, haha, you do not have to spend an hour on your make up, thats what i would have told her. I guess thats her choice though everybody manages there time in different way. I collect make-up to and most of the fun is putting it on and creating different looks. 

clarks18

Yes, it was like she was trying to make me feel bad for looking the way I want.  I'm sorry I can create a perfect winged liner in only a few mintues.  Maybe you should practice more!  That's what I would have liked to say to her!

pinkonyx

i always wore makeup in high school and would get that every once in a while. I actually had people tell me similar things. 

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

She was just trying to make you feel bad because you looked better than her. Alot of people say stuff  mean stuff to people to make themselves feel better.

Those are the people you give that snap in the air and walk off.

MermaidBarbie

You're absolutely right! Gosh, I hate girls like that. Instead of just learning the techniques or even ask how to do it like yours, they give smart a s s remarks and act like they are better. Pshhh.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Oh I know and it's evident what their problem is. I would rather ask about some ones makeup and give them that compliment and pick up a new technique or product that I'm not aware of it's alot more fun like that.:smileyhappy:  Thanks MermaidBarbie glad I'm not the only one that sees it that way.:heart:

Ok I'm seriously getting carried away with these little red hearts.:smileyvery-happy: but it's @kimchikween's fault.

MermaidBarbie

Yup! It definitely is more fun like that. :womanhappy: :heart:

Kiki1517

Urrrrgh my account is not allowing me to reply to you all and this is such a great convo :smileysad:

@arielaaaaaaaa if you see this, have you tried the Murad Post Acne Lightening Gel? They sent me a sample and I have seen a significant fading of my acne scars on my cheeks.

When I think about this question, I don't think I necessarily feel bad about myself when I'm not wearing makeup....until I run into someone I haven't seen forever and I'm barefaced! I don't think it is a matter of looking prettier, but for some reason I feel more put together when I'm wearing it, whether it be full face or a more simple day of just mascara/brows.

Also, I don't get hit on very often, but since I haven't been single in all of the 11 years of my adult life, I don't put myself out there either. On the rare occasion that it does happen, of all places it is usually at...the grocery store! So weird.

And I do agree with some of you ladies that have seen the change in culture of the pressure to look perfect all the time. I think at almost 28, I'm right on the line of that culture shift. Many of my friends are older, so when I'm around them, they are less intimidating and more laid back. When I'm around a younger crowd, I feel like I have to be dressed to the nines, around these girls with fake everything: **bleep**, lashes, nails, hair, etc. I'll give in to putting on lashes, but that's the extent. Grrrr I thought peer pressure was a middle school/high school deal!

neko333

I don't see the point of the plastic surgery stuff that some people do (I assume I know whats bleeped out). There was just a study released recently that basically rated peoples attractiveness before and after surgery and it really didn't change their scores. I don't think people will not notice much if your a B cup or a D cup (In a t-shirt no one guesses my size right) or even if you have a wrinkle. They will notice **bleep** that don't hang naturally or a face that's frozen. I realize most people say they do it for themselves but it seems completely counter productive. No one noticed your flaws before but they will notice if you try to overcompensate for them.

The fake lashes I occasionally wear for specially occasions but I like the ones that you only put on the outer corners. The press on nails are kind of fun (they have neat patterns and are easy to remove). I one time did try the glue on ones for Halloween. They looked really nice but I was stuck with them for about a month and when I finally took them off they had ruined my nails. I have long, hard, fast growing nails so I usually just paint mine. I don't do anything to my hair. Though some people think I do. I'm a red head with natural white blonde highlights. I've thought about dying it a shade darker so that it would look more even.

What I'm more surprised about trend wise are girls wearing colored contact lenses to change their eye color on a regular basis. I thought about buying a pair for a Halloween costume, but I read up on them. I basically learned they could possibly damage your eyes if they aren't from an eye doctor. 

beautylovingirl

On days where I don't have to wear makeup I don't and it doesn't bother me at all. I run errands and every where else but I don't feel uncomfortable or embarrassed but I also have long dark eyelashes and I always just put a gloss on. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 105 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • kenny
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • neko333
    • MermaidBarbie