pinkonyx

When i wake up i put on my make up, becuase im ugly without it?

Okay okay okay, so I don't mean that literally. But today I had a weird experience I wanted to share with you, to see if I am alone. I started back school today (college) and I was sitting in class and kept noticing this one guy looking back at me.  I thought about it later and i was wondering was he looking at the girl next to me? Then without a pause i thought well he couldn't have been looking at me (at least not in a good way) i don't have any make up on.

I told the girls at work, and they all had similar story's. Where they figured because they had no make up on that a guy looking at them wasn't looking in a positive way.

I love make up and always will, I couldn't imagine my life without it. But I wonder do you think this way ever? like embarrassed or uncomfortable if you do not have make up on? Is there a downside to make up?

BeautyJunkie325

Re: When i wake up i put on my make up, becuase im ugly without it?

Since I was 16 I can only think of 1 time I left the house without make-up on & that was when my dad was rushed to the hospital about 7 years ago. The only people who see me bare faced at any point are my parents and my BFF/her family.

I have always suffered from low self esteem so wearing make up makes me feel better about my outward appearance. When I leave the house I always have make-up on, cute shoes and some piece of jewelry. I know that my being "Put Together" (as my BFFs hubby says) makes me feel better about me.  

BlushHoarder

In my experience, men don't notice make up much... unless it is done wrong (extreme colors, amounts, etc.)

My husband loves my bare face like my made up face. This guy might have been looking at you, and if he was, it was very likely in a good way :smileyhappy:

tashalicious

if a guy doesn't like the way you look he will try to avoid looking at you, the fact that he kept looking at you was his way of flirting.

midnightangel

I'm only going to say this: if a guy doesn't like you without makeup on, he doesn't like you.

pinkonyx

thats why i love my man, for loving me without make up on FLAWS AND ALL!  good response!

pinkonyx

I would love to know what some of you none make up wearer skin is like? See i have acne, 25 and i still have it! So when i wear make up i open myself up to looking prettier to people who would never even look twice at me, because unfortunately some people just see your acne, no matter that i have full lips or nice shaped eyes, they just my acne. But once i put the concealer and foundation on than its a whole new face... 

Basically i know for a fact if i had clear skin, (because there has been points where i had clear skin) I would feel more confident without makeup. 

neko333

It's not really about me feeling like I need it. If anything the only thing I feel like I need is some mascara since my eyelashes are white/blonde and it makes it look like I have none. Half the reason I wear it is, even with it on, I can still get mistaken six years younger than I actually am. My face has really never changed since elementary school. Plus my body weight is probably less than a middle schoolers. Despite having curves and being tall my boyfriend can fit both his hands around my entire waist. I figured I'd grow up and still be thin just not quite this thin.

Esdee

I went most of my life wearing makeup for only rare, special occasions, and I have trouble getting people to believe I'm 34.  I've actually almost been thrown out of a bar because the bartender was convinced I was using a fake ID!  I get pretty red in the face when I'm flustered or even slightly overheated, so it's not like makeup wouldn't have helped me even things out; it's part of the main reason I'm starting to wear it now.  I'm just pretty sure that skipping makeup for the first thirty-odd years of my life (and avoiding the sun like the plague!) has left my skin a lot better off.

LCResz

37 year old skin, ice pick acne scarring on my cheeks and a bit on my forehead, laugh lines and the dreaded 11 between my eyebrows,  lol. I do wear concealer on my dark marks but other than that I rely on my skin care regimen to give me confidence more so than wearing a lot of makeup. Perhaps because I feel like I am putting in the effort to be healthy and take care of my skin as best as I can I feel like I can grin and bare it! I honestly believe that my self-perceived imperfections go unnoticed by others, that the only one scrutinizing me is me. 

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

could you share your skin routine that works well?

LCResz

[ Edited ]

In the morning I wash my fash in the shower with whatever cleanser strikes my fancy (I have Soap and Glory 3-in-1, Lancôme Creme Radiance, Origins Zero Oil Dep Pore Cleanser, Origins Modern Friction, and Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean). Then I use Lancôme Tonique Radiance, apply Lancôme Genifique Serum, Lancôme Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector, Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, and finish up with Elizabeth Arden Daywear Moisturizer with SPF and Genifique eye cream. I know it sounds like a lot, but it doesn't take a lot of time and I aply a layer theN floss, another layer as I brush my teeth, and final layers after I put on my shirt. 

My evening routine is simpler. Again wash with whatever cleanser I feel is appropriate depending on how grimy my day was, then I apply Estée Lauder Advanced Night Reiar serum, Murad Dark Spot Corrector, and finally Lancôme Genifique night cream and Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye Cream along with FoodLash on my upper and lower lashes. I don't know if the creams are miracle workers or if the fact that I massage my face gently at least twice a day is helping blood flow. But I look decent and I feel happy when I walk out the door with Bobbi Brown spot corrector if and when needed. 

kenny

I usually wear at least a little concealer since I have post-acne marks, and I like to fill in my eyebrows since they are pretty sparse. But honestly I love to wear makeup just because I enjoy it, the same way wearing a bright color or a fabulous pair of shoes just adds an extra spring to your step. I used to wear makeup when I was younger just to feel more confident, but I've found as I've grown up makeup has really helped me really appreciate my appearance. After spending time looking at myself and really getting to understand my face and see everything beautiful in it.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

I do find as i get older i need less and less makeup. 

Londonlover101

I usually go makeup free because I want people to see the real me, not a mask. on a special occasion I will wear makeup but I don't go ALL the way like foundation, brows, lips , eyes , a little eyeliner and concealer will do. :smileyvery-happy:

pinkonyx

see i don't think make up is a mask nor more than hair dye or stylish clothes... I see it as an enhancer, if its done right 

shinybananas

Sometimes I feel like I am looked at MORE positively with no makeup on.  It's weird, on those days when I'm just running errands with messy hair and just some yoga pants on (which is often), I find myself noticing appreciative glances more than I'd assume, given my bare-faced status.  It could just be a matter of seeming approachable.  I think a glammed-up girl probably looks more conventionally pretty (perfect skin, lipstick, enhanced eyes, etc) but can be viewed as more intimidating to start a conversation with.

Frankly, I wear a face o' slap more for myself and to impress other women, rather than for men.  I doubt any dude really notices how lovely that green eyeliner compliments my brown eyes...

neko333

(0) Hearts

I don't do it for other women. They'll judge me regardless of what I do. I do it more for my Mom. Ever since I was little my Mom seemed to be really happy when I got complimented. When I was in elementary school she'd get up every morning to iron my clothes and fix my hair. I pretty much did everything I did not for others, or myself, but so she would be proud of me. Now it's kind of the same thing with my boyfriend. I want him to feel proud of me so that when people say's he has a pretty girlfriend he'll be happy. I get more pleasure from the people I care about being happy because of me. 

pinkonyx

My boyfriend has a theory that girls don't wear makeup for men they wear it for other women, because we are worried about other women judging us.... When he said this to me i was like why would you say that? And he said because most men don't like or even notice when women have makeup on. IDK i just thought that was an interesting point because alot of men dont like women in makeup. But i do think its mostly for ourselves to feel and look better, not to mention ITS DOWNRIGHT FUN TO PUT ON MAKEUP, atleast to me. 

melissa93

You're boyfriend sounds like mine XD he totally agrees with that. He also said that about clothes and other things because he thinks we're all competing against each other. He likes it when I don't wear make up (because kissing is a lot easier) and when I do wear it he compliments me on it. But that was after a year of me asking him if it looked alright, Otherwise he didn't notice. It is fun and I enjoyed not wearing any all summer but school is back as well as stress so the acne popped up again. :\ 

kenny

(0) Hearts

Very true! Last night I was with my brother and his fiance and as we were going home my brother mentioned that his fiance could "take those things off her eyes", referring to the false lashes. It was funny because he said "they don't fool anyone" (well, in essence), and I told him that they weren't supposed to. They were some of the more dramatic Katy Perry eyelashes and the point of them is just to be dramatic and fun, not fool people into thinking we have naturally large lashes. Just like I was rocking a deep teal smokey eye, I know it's not super appealing to guys, but it's just fun.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

thats true its not always meant to look natural

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 105 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • kenny
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar