onomotopoeia9

Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

So we're always posting on hauls and stuff, and I thought this would be an interesting twist.

Lots of us have that one (or more) thing that we eye every time we go into sephora/ sephora website, and we want to get it but we don't.

What is yours? What about it tempts you? and Why don't you get it?

I''ll start.

For sephora.com, I would definitely say the urban decay eyeliner vault.  All those shades are so tempting, and I am such a junkie for pretty colors. But it is too expensive too buy all of them, especially that I already have too many eyeliners, so I always tell myself that I wouldn't use all those colors anyways.

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

One thing that has been tempting me for awhile is the Murad Skin supplements. I always have a few breakouts, and my skin had been doing so much better and was beginning to get pretty normal. But then i don't know what happened!! I didn't use anything new a week prior to it going crazy and i had breakouts all over!! My mom noticed and offered to buy the supplements for me cause they are a bit pricey! So i just got them today and shall start taking them in the morning! I'm so glad my mom got them for me or they would just still be sitting in the <3 section!!

pinkonyx

Re: Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

Almost anything by Nars, I know its a good high quality brand but I  can never seem to muster the courage to spend that amount of money on make up ! ONE DAY!

connieconcon

This is a great question.  I think for me it would be every NARS set.  I think their packaging is really lovely, but the price point is always kind of ridiculously high.

miabt

For me, its the entire SK-II Line!  I also have an obsession for the Dior Nail Glow, but cant bring myself to purchase it.  In fact, I love Dior Polishes in general, but I could never splurge on the entire line :smileysad:

xo, Mia

CzaCee

Clarisonic Mia 2. It's just so pricey. And the fact that I have to buy replacement brushes every 2-3 months or so is just aggravating the situation coz those brush heads are costly too.

beautylovingirl

It's just my opinion but I bought a mini set of the Bite Beauty before and I just didn't like them it seems like they dried my lips really bad. Has anyone else had that experience?

onomotopoeia9

yep! I tried some of my friends (don't worry - it was cleaned and i took some with a q-tip ) and I felt like my lips were coming off with it

brittieeee

I Have to admit that Bite Beauty's lipgloss set "15 Shades of Sephora" is reallllly tempting me, although I am a Lipstick girl, not a Lipgloss girl.  I really love Bite's products though and the colors in this set are so pretty.  Plus, the price for 15 glosses is a good deal.  Sigh.  bite 15.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1522929&productId=P379831

Manda

Brittie, I bit the bullet with that one and decided to get those lipglosses.  I am a huge fan of BITE's lip products and I saw it and pretty much hit the add to cart button right away.

jessica223344

The Dior lip glow gloss because it's pricey for me at the moment.  I can use something from Burts Bees or something low priced to get me by for a short time.  Also, I keep eyeing the T3 hair dryer set.  It's $200. and think it would be nice to have because of the focus nozzle and quality.  I hope to get it in the future. 

marinaanne147

I am always incredibly tempted by high-end, expensive lipsticks like Dior, Guerlain, YSL, etc. I've been lemming Dior Addict Extreme in Riviera for at least a year. I've tried it at Sephora multiple times and absolutely love it. Last week, I finally put my foot down and have decided to buy it next time I'm at Sephora and have the money. 

mxcx

I super agree with you! I always think the high-end lipsticks look gorgeous and the colors are amazing, but I just can't justify spending 30$+ on a tube of lipstick when there are so many more affordable drugstore ones. I won't say the quality is the same, but I don't think the difference is large enough to warrant a 20$+ price gap. ):

kenny

I actually bought Dior Addict Extreme lipstick in Avenue 667 during Chic Week. While it is absolutely gorgeous and one of my favorite lipsticks, I'm not sure I will be able to justify buying more!

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]

Screen Shot 2013-06-14 at 10.04.10 AM.png

NARS And God Created the Woman Set 

http://www.sephora.com/god-created-the-woman-set-P377825

This has been in my shopping list 'loves' for ages now. I just cant get around to pay $59 for it. I think mainly because I think I have similar shades and you can get these shades in duo form I believe

bearsmom

Omg, so many!!!  Clarisonic Mia, my sister has it because my mom bought it for her (i got clothes for my kids haha) and I want one so badly, but its just a lot of money.  Any and every eyeshadow palette.  I LOVE eyeshadow but I buy pallettes all the time and always use the same shades.  I always want to try a new scent, but I get really bad migraines and have allergies and there are so many scents I can't wear.  They are too expensive to buy even the small size if I only wear it once or twice and end up in bed from it!!!  I tell myself I will buy a sample set, but I never do.  There are many lip colors I want to try, but I don't wear a lot of lip color and my mom sells Mary Kay and buys me lip colors when she has extra money to spend so... Just don't need them.  Then my number one is the Hourglass Veil primer.  I hear so many great things about it, but I stick to my Smashbox/Benefit primer routine every time.  Oh wait!!!  And the stuff by Hourglass that goes over mascara??  I think a gloss??  I want to try it but I don't feel like I could justify that purchase.

serioustree

I would love to get any YSL lipstick... but omg they're like $34 and I just cannot justify dropping cash on a tube that costs that much.  (plus my bf would absolutely guilt me then my horrible buyer's remorse kicks in.. plus it contains fragrance which breaks me out)

Any Tarte blush, they're SO PRETTY and the Stila cream blushes as well!

AND a clarisonic.  I've been eyeing it and hopefully my bf's graciousness will get me one when a sale pops up... hehe.

aviscardi

I bought one YSL lippie during the fnf and i haven't been able to convince myself to buy more. even though i buy lipsticks that are around $24 lol

Tarte blushes are amazing. BUT if you sign up for tarte emails you can catch them when they're on sale during their fnfs for 30% off. and they even had a sale a little while ago 50% off their blushes

serioustree

Good to know! Plus honestly I've never thought of checking the Tarte website! OMG! I'm gonna do it now!

ChicDabbler

Every other item in the sales section, and prettily packaged Limited Edition make up. I think I spend as much time time talking myself out of getting them as I do shopping for them. It was particularly difficult to talk myself OUT of getting everything in the Disney princess collection.

I'm not planning to try Clarasonic yet since I think my skin does better without so much exfoliation and I'm testing that theory by cutting back on peels/scrubs. Depends on the condition of my skin, I am planning to splurge on the SK-II mask in the fall.

kenny

Hmmm.... so many..

There are many eye palettes that seriously tempt me, but I have to keep reminding myself I have way to many eyeshadows, and I usually just wear warm, natural shades on my eyes. Many of UD's eyeshadow palettes tempt me. Too Faced 15 year anniversary palette has been calling my name!

Also Givenchy Le Rouge in Fushcia Irresistible, I got the 100 pt sample lipstick, but this fushcia shade looks gorgeous!

Also Too Faced French Riviera Set. But I already have a few bronzers, and just indulged in Clarins Sumer 2013 bronzer...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 102 hearts
  • 46 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave