onomotopoeia9

Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

So we're always posting on hauls and stuff, and I thought this would be an interesting twist.

Lots of us have that one (or more) thing that we eye every time we go into sephora/ sephora website, and we want to get it but we don't.

What is yours? What about it tempts you? and Why don't you get it?

I''ll start.

For sephora.com, I would definitely say the urban decay eyeliner vault.  All those shades are so tempting, and I am such a junkie for pretty colors. But it is too expensive too buy all of them, especially that I already have too many eyeliners, so I always tell myself that I wouldn't use all those colors anyways.

onomotopoeia9

Re: Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

That bronzer set is to die for...another item on my want list lol

Seiba

Re: Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

Kat Von D's liquid lipstick in Outlaw! Oooooh I've been eyeing red lipsticks and stuff for so long now and I haven't the courage to buy them. I'm not much of a girl, let alone red lipstick. Liquid lipstick just looks so nice, and KVD's is super matte and awesome looking...

Sadly, I don't think I have the skills to rock a red lip just yet. So beautiful, yet so far...

elinj

(0) Hearts

Just go for it! Find the right red, rock it with a simple eye, its amazing how it changes how you feel!  I started with reds, love Adora from her, I own the Outlaw and I do absolutely love it.  I've moved on to fuchsias and bright pinks too.  Lime Crime Makeup makes some intense colors too.  Just play!  Its sooo worth it!

beautylovingirl

@spyski- Oh my gosh I love Tendre it smells so good I wear it a lot and last time I went to the mall I had a girl come chasing after me to ask what I was wearing.

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

do they have a rollerball of it?

Spyski

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I wish, otherwise I'd snag one! I found miniatures on eBay though :smileywink:

Spyski

P E R F U M E !!!

What woman doesn't like to smell good?!

After splurging on the Burberry Brit set a couple weeks ago, I'm already eyeballing this one:

swfupload_1670822919571011305.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/chanel/productDetail.jsp?productID=FWCET001

I received a sample along with the bb set from an online order and wondered why I even added the darn fragrance sample to my bag since I was only diggin' a deeper hole into my new addiction. I sprayed the Chanel sample the other night and my bf said I smelled delicious. He didn't say that with the Burberry. *GRR* I must buy it now. Haha!

emmaclaire

Ooh, good question - I didn't see this!

Right now it's probably Guerlain Meteorites.  I know I'll end up with them because the hype is massive and everyone just goes insane for them.  And I love face powders, haha.

Most of the very high end lipsticks (like Tom Ford, Givenchy, Chanel, etc.) look so gorgeous and I drool over them but I can never justify the price to myself because of how little I wear lipstick.

arielaaaaaaaa

s1189224-main-hero.jpg

I'm so tempted by this palette!! I love the colors but i don't think i'll ever use it. I have so many eyeshadows that look like these and i hardly put effort into my eyes i don't wear eyeshadow often. This is the only thing i've wanted for awhile that i haven't bought. 

lovelyred139

I've had my eye on Bobbi Brown's Brightening Finishing Powder (in Porcelain Pearl) for awhile.  On the one hand, it'd fill a void in my stash -- I only have one powder and it's mattifying -- but on the other, it's $50 for a powder and I've not found many reviews on that particular shade.  The Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders look lovely as well, but with those it's hard to differentiate the hype from the product performance.

I usually treat myself to something at the end of the semester -- term papers are a form of psychological torture, I swear -- but with a few other expenses looming I'm still not sure.  Either way I should probably have a nice powder heading into the humid New England summer...

rawrxjasmine

The Clarisonic Mia2 of course because I want it so much, but it's so expensive! Also, the Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint! Every time I go into Sephora I look at these and just never pick one up. I know I want it though!

mafan

I want the YSL Manifesto Gift set that's out right now.  I really like this fragrance, and for the way prices scale it's a really good deal.  But I know that I have a TON of perfumes and it would take me ages to go through 4 oz when I have so many things and wear something different daily depending on my mood.

I did manage to get the new Fragrance Sampler from Sephora in JCP during Chic Week and Manifesto is in that, so I expect that is what I will pick and 1oz will be plenty for now.  Still, it's good that Sephora doesn't have the set because the triple point offer might push me over the ledge.

I would like the Lorac Pro Palette.  I really love their shadows and my Unzipped Palette.  However, I have lots of things and also want to get Tarte Aqualillies (which I probably will do next week; I want to see it in person if I can) so I will not get the Pro Palette right now.  I have too many palettes!!

janinebt

I've been looking at the Sephora Collection Bulls Eye Lash Applicator since it has been out. It's suppose to make applying false lashes insanely simple, but I'm just a little weary personally because my lashes are SUPER curly. It makes applying falsies a huge pain. So much so that I learned how to put them on the underside of my lashes.

I can put lashes on other people in seconds, but my own are just such a pain. I figure I'll eventually get this.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lylysa

Do you apply the whole strip at once, Janine? Try cutting the strip into halves or even thirds so the sides or middle don't run into your naturally curly lashes and get glue on them!

janinebt

It doesn't matter if their halves or even singles. I can do a full strip or half strip, it just takes a lot more time and 9 times out of 10 does not look natural unless I really work with my arsenal of mascaras and a spooley. My natural lashes never get glue on them they just sort of bump the lashes up for a gap.

I was the fastest "lasher" during my MAC days at our counters for special events and what not, so it's quite humorous that my own lashes cause so much trouble.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lylysa

Maybe you can end up taking a curler to the false lashes before you apply them! :smileyhappy:

katie1724

Interesting question! I've always wanted to try the Clarisonic Opal (for the eye area), but have never actually bought it. I think my main reasons for not buying it are the cost combined with the fact that I don't *really* need it (I think it would just be good to have). I would also love to try the Aria, but I've used the Mia for two + years with no complaints, so I figured why rock the boat?

In terms of cosmetics, I've always wanted to try Chantecaille's mascara, but I can't bring myself to pay $70. I am not generally frugal when it comes to beauty products, but I have to draw the line somewhere! There is also a Sisley blush I've wanted, but at $85, I just can't -- particularly not with the amount of blush I already own.  (I've paid $45 for blush in the past, and that's kind of my maximum...I'd rather do or have something else with $85, or put it toward skincare :smileytongue:.)

kd006

Anything YSL! Mainly their cream blushes. Before it used to be their lippies but I finally gave in the other day and bought 2 of them because I wanted a bunch of the 100 pt perks. But i still want more and I want to try their mascaras, and the touche eclat pen and I need a refill of the foundation but I haven't picked that up yet because I already have so many and I want to purchase Chanel vitalumiere aqua next so I'm holding off on ysl for now.

kimmi1115

I keep telling myself that I will try certain brands or products, but I never get around to it!  Something else catches my eye lol.

s1380815-main-Lhero.jpgI have tried a few Benefit products, but I still need to branch out.  I have Benefit Dandelion, and I absolutely love it!  It's a go to item for me, and I would love to try more of their boxed powders.  However, I still haven't lol.  I almost bought Hervana last year, but then the Tarte blush set caught my eye....lol.

s1226471-main-Lhero.jpgSpeaking of Tarte, I need to branch out to it, too.  I bought the blush set that came out for the Holidays that has two blushes, a bronzer, and a highlight powder.  I love all four them, and I use them regularly, too.  However, the powders are the only items I've tried by Tarte.  Their other face products look interesting, though.

s730341-main-Lhero.jpgNARS is similar to the Tarte and Benefit situation.  I have the Laguna Bronzer and lipstick in Cruising, and both are amazing. I've also used their mascara, and it was alright.  It wasn't something I wanted to repurchase, though.  I read wonderful things about the gloss in Turkish Delight, but it still isn't with the rest of my collection lol.

s1511799-main-Lhero.jpgs1511856-main-Lhero.jpg

Finally, I want to try Too Faced products.  I only tried one over a year ago, and it was a foundation powder.  However, it didn't work out too well.  It made my face itch.  I love the colors of their products, but I haven't tried any of their stuff since the face powder.  Of course, one product does not speak for the entire line.

beautylovingirl

I don't think there is anything, I was eyeing the Lorac Pro palette but ordered it already so YAY!

kimmi1115

I shall return to respond to this thread.  I need pictures lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 102 hearts
  • 46 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave