onomotopoeia9

Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

So we're always posting on hauls and stuff, and I thought this would be an interesting twist.

Lots of us have that one (or more) thing that we eye every time we go into sephora/ sephora website, and we want to get it but we don't.

What is yours? What about it tempts you? and Why don't you get it?

I''ll start.

For sephora.com, I would definitely say the urban decay eyeliner vault.  All those shades are so tempting, and I am such a junkie for pretty colors. But it is too expensive too buy all of them, especially that I already have too many eyeliners, so I always tell myself that I wouldn't use all those colors anyways.

DTalksAll

Re: Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

For a while I had my eyes on the Tria, but now I'm obsessing over the me smooth. It makes no sense to purchase now since you're supposed to avoid sun light when doing treatments. I'll hold off until the November sale, and then probably make an excuse not to get it... 

The NARS botan brush has been on my shopping list for years. I'm not sure why but it's something I want to have, but don't know if I'd actually use it. I love my MAC 182 LE buffer & use that with the Dior Airflash foundation. I also have the Too Faced retractable for powder products. $75 is a lot for a brush I just want to "look at". 

2 years ago I got a 2 oz jar of Creme de La Mer for free. It's now my winter HG moisturizer. I want to purchase the gel, but the AmorePacific gel is similar and at 1/2 the price. I'm afraid if I actually purchase it my expectations will be too high & I won't like it. 

That's about it everything else I either end up purchasing or know I don't need it right now (Like Perricone Blue Plasma...) 

bittersweet86

Re: Whats that beauty item that always tempts you but you never actually make the purchase?

Spoiler
Hourglass eyeshadows, all the urban decay liquid liners, Armani eyes to kill shadows, most high end lipsticks. I've wanted a lot of these but can't seem to justify the price.
melissabt

I thought it might be:smileyhappy:!

<3 Melissa
WhereYouStand

the clarisonic Aria I've been eyeing it since i got the mia2 and the price is a fourth more than the mia2 I don't regret my mia2 at all in fact I'm starry eyed about it however I am also feel a little guilty about the purchase but my happiness outweighed my guilt. still I can't justify spending around 200 dollars for one purchase :smileysad: maybe next years chick week i will get up the gall to buy one. :smileyhappy:

Bumblee

It's interesting to see that quite a few responses are tools-related. Probably because most of them are quite expensive... so we try and try to talk ourselves into making do with drugstore/Target solutions. At least I do, LOL. I've been tempted to get the GLO teeth whitening set and a T3 blowdryer for the longest time too. Oh and that showerhead filter! *wishful thinking emoticon*

makeupobesessed

I love teeth whitening products and I have been eyeing the Glo teeth whitening system forever. it's $199 and I just can't see buying its at that price although it is probably a great price considering I buy the Glo pen after receiving a fee full one for a VIB promo, and I buY the crest strips. MIT would probably pay for itself after not having to buy the other things I buy to whiten. shopkeeper telling myself to get it at the sale, but I don't. Mice even inquired about whitening at the dentist, and the Glo is cheaper than that too....I just keep talking myself out of it.

garnett

Oh yes I suffered deep lust for that Urban Decay eyeliner vault.  When you broke it down to the price per pencil it sounded so reasonable but the big lump sum of the set was something I just couldn't give in to.  Another product that I have tried with deluxe samples and like very much is the Caudalie Premier Cru The Cream but I can't seem to pull the trigger and spend $155 for 1.7 ounces for a moisturizer.  If the price was lower I would purchase it but I just feel that it is priced way over what it is worth.

carolang

An expensive setting/highlighting powder like meteorites or hourglass... although I will probably get my mom to buy me meteorites 02... I am a sucker for pretty things on my vanity. I use bare minerals right now and its fine, but these (or maybe the new nars ones) are tempting me...

YSL lipstick... I just tried on corail intuitive... and yeah. That purchase will happen soon. AMAZING. The "coral" / not coral (its very pink) that I have been looking for! I have a feeling this will reach HG status as soon as I get it.

A T3 blow dryer - I rarely blow dry my hair as it is, I find with my fine wavy/curly hair I can't keep it long if I do. One week of blow dries and I'd have to cut it. But this sounds so tempting... same goes for some of the other curling wand/heat tools out there.

Things I have splurged on and the thoughts:

Clarisonic - I have mild acne, not usually white heads though so only really noticeable up close. I find its helped prevent me from getting those white heads on my chin (1/week - now more rare). I use it once every couple days when I think about it. I don't think its necessary for every day - also keep in mind skin with acne is sensitive skin. And use a light touch. Some people have developed broken capillaries from this so keep that in mind as well. Overall I am happy with the purchase and I find it much more effective than a grainy scrub.

sephoramusthave

The Lorac Pro Palette. Its usually sold out whenever I'm in store but that doesn't stop me from eye-ing the tester like crazy. I have WAY too many neutral shadows to justify buying the palette ( I still don't own the naked or naked 2 palette for exactly that reason) but it always draws me in. Its not limited edition, so I can wait. Plus I've never used Lorac, and don't know what the quality is like.

Manda

Lorac has some of the best quality eyeshadow - one of my favorite brands.  I own the Pro Palette and find the colors to be beautiful with good color payoff.

onomotopoeia9

I only hear of lorac eye shadows...do they have any other product?

Manda

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Their eye shadow primer is the best - one of my favorites.

Also, they regular primers are extremely good, especially if you have sensitive skin.  I have the mattifying on and it doesn't irritate or dry out my skin like other mattifying primers.

Also, their lip gloss/liquid lipstick is pretty amazing as well.  Beautiful color pay off and flattering shades.  I believe it was her 3D lustre that I used in the color Glam and I loved that shade so much.  Very flattering and moisturizing (I cannot wear regular lipsticks).

Also, I know a lot of people rave about the TANTanilizer. I haven't use it but I did sample it on my arm.  Adds that summer glow without looking fake.

melissabt

I would have to say an extractor! I've been so tempted, I just think I might get addicted to using it too much. 

<3 Melissa
makeupobesessed

I have an extractor and it is addicting!

maltipoo66

I can completely relate to this.  I walk by the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders every time I go into a Sephora store, but it's really hard to justify $45 for a powder....but Ethereal Light looks so beautiful!  Diffused seemed too shimmery when I swatched it.

I also really want to get the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, but I won't let myself buy it til I've finished my Lorac Protectint Tinted Moisturizer.  I rarely wear a tinted moisturizer during the week, so it's taking a while for me to use up the Lorac.  Hopefully soon!

Manda

(0) Hearts

Maltipoo, about Nars Tinted Moisturizer.  I love it.  I used to never ever wear a tinted moisturizer before but then, I decided to try on Nars.  Lets just say, I now use it as my foundation.

starletta8

(Ironically) it's Dior Capture One serum. 

I can't justify the cost even though I've been trying other serums and none come close to making my skin feel the way the Dior does.

veevali

One for me is the Lorac unzipped palette. I love the warm undertones, but I already have more eye shadows than I should... I love looking at the swatches online too!

colorobsession

I've definitely got a few things...

For one I've gone back and forth about 100 times over whether or not I want a Clarisonic. They're very expensive, and I've heard just about every comment under the sun regarding it - "It's amazing!", "It did nothing for my skin!", "At first it worked, and then I started to get crazy cystic acne!". My skin is problematic enough as it is, and I don't know if I want to gamble that much money if it could potentially exacerbate the issues I have. But then again, it could be my saving grace... And thus, purchase limbo.

I also have had a few items that have hung around in my shopping list, or have gone in and out of it. I kind of want the Lorac Pro Palette, because the reviews are amazing, and I love that there are matte and shimmer versions of all the colors. At the same time, I also own the Naked Palette and Sephora+Pantone Universe Precious Metals Palette, so I can't entirely justify purchasing another palette of neutrals...

I also haven't been able to pull the trigger on buying B&B's Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner. I've tried samples, and I love it, but for how quickly I can go through shampoo and conditioner, I can't bring myself to spend over $50 on the pair.

prettyinpa

I keep eyeing the Tria Skin Perfecting Blue Light system, but at $245, I'm thinking what if it doesn't work?  Or it sort of works, but maybe not $245 worth of work?  I know I could return it, but I'm so bad at that, I already have a bunch of skin care devices that sort of work, so I vacillate.

onomotopoeia9

Oh me too! It sounds like an amazing product but I'm scared to shell  out all that money for something that I don't even know works. I don't know anyone who actually has it...Can anyone on the forum vouch for it?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 102 hearts
  • 46 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave