sephoramusthave

Whats in your everyday makeup bag?

I bought a new little makeup bag, and it inspired me to create one whole look with items that I really like and that way, if I'm pressed for time or dont feel like worrying about what goes good with what, I can just reach for this bag and have a complete look. :smileyvery-happy: Share your makeup bag/recently most used items here!

thetRuth

Re: Whats in your everyday makeup bag?

makeup.jpgI forgot to include my Sephora Lipstick # 12 

but 

Benefits 

Girl meets pearl, badgal lash mascara & Benetint (from the 500 points reward)

Smash box BB cream (from the 100 point reward)

Tarte Eyeliner

Anastasia Bold and Beautiful Kit

And lastly Kat Von D tattoo concealer

Bumblee

For easy access, I have an everyday makeup drawer and use a little bag for miscellaneous beauty tools :smileyhappy:photo-1.JPG

colorobsession

Lately I've been trying to use up the giant collection of deluxe sized samples I've amassed throughout the year. I've got a makeup bag that has two compartments, one I've filled with lip/eye products currently in use, and the other with basically everything else (primers, foundation, blush, etc.). I try to rotate through different products every week or two to hopefully use them up.

This week I've mostly been using:

- Benefit's The Porefessional (DS)

- Dr. Jart Black Label Detox Beauty Balm SPF 25 (sample I had made in store)

- Stila Convertible Color in Peony (BI 100 pt reward)

- Cover FX Matte Setting Powder in Light (DS)

- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (DS from BI 500 pt reward)

- Bare Minerals Big & Bright Eyeliner in Granite (I think they discontinued this?)

- Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara (DS)

- Buxom Big & Healthy Lipstick in Marrakesh

- Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy (regular sample)

If I feel like doing shadow, I've been mostly reaching for my Naked Palette or Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Palette.

starletta8

I'm going to answer the question with a twist- this is what's in the makeup bag in my purse!

Confession: As I'm getting ready in the morning, I throw things in, then put the bag in my purse.

Current bag (for size info): Sephora + Pantone Emerald Bag (although some things don't quite fit, LOL)

Constant Bag-Dwellers (I use ones after the break in the AM):

BareMinerals On the Spot Makeup Remover Swabs

Laura Mercier 2-sided travel eyeshadow brush

Shiseido Lip Water in Pineapple

Smith's Rosebud Salve in a Tube

Julep Strawberry-Mint Lip Balm

Lush Whoosh Temple Balm

Travel sized MAC blush brush- 129SE

Deluxe Mini L'Occitaine Shea Hand Cream

MUFE HD Concealer in #305

Dior Addict Lip Glow

Lancome Photogenic Pressed Powder in Ivoire

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in Light

MUFE Aqua Eyes in #01L Mat Black

Chanel Le Crayon Khol in Clair

MUFE Lip Line Perfector

Rotating Items:

1-5 Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Eyes/Lips

Today: Lips- 02 Chunkiest Chili, 06-Roomiest Rose

Eyes- 01-Bountiful Beige

1-2 Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks

Today: Steel, Orchid

2-3 Random Lip Products

Today: Laura Mercier Gel Lipstick in Dollface (from yesterday), Chanel Rouge Allure in Pirate
2-4 Random Eyeliners

Today: Clinique Quickliner in Intense Midnight, MUFE Aqua Eyes in #12Lm #7L

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

Today- Brown/Black

1-3 NARS Highlighters and Blushes

Today: Albatross, Satellite of Love

Black Mascara

Today: Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara

Rollerball or Mini Bottle of Fragrance of the Day

Today: Escada Cherry in the Air

makeupobesessed

My makeup bag I keep in my purse has quite a few items, some of which I always use, and others are in case I'm on a deserted island without makeup one day.

i have 2 BE mineral powder pressed compacts

3 types of mascara,

black and brown eyeliner,

10 deluxe sample lip glosses in various pinks,

a Sephora eyeshadow box, it is small and has nine shadows, plus a pull out drawer with a blush and lip glosses.

a small set of brushes for above shadow box

a deluxe sample of benefit dandelion blush

Concealer,

various sample perfumes,

sample high beam

tweezers,

bobby pins and hair ponys, not sure how so many get in there...

upon having gone through the  bag, I've now lightened the load some, but still would never be found makeup-less if one day I end up on a deserted island.  

katie1724

Fun question! I always love reading the responses to these :smileyhappy:

In my bag, I have...way more than I thought, yikes:

Things I use daily or on most days:

NARS concealer in Chantilly (staple!)

NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder

Sephora kabuki brush

Random Eyeliner (lately whatever I can find, currently Clinique)

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara

Labello Lip Balm

Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in Nude Rose

Dainty Doll blush in My Girl (sheer pink, perfect for throwing on)

Mini smashbox brush that I use for blush

Things I do not use daily, but still feel the need to keep in the bag:

Burberry Eyeshadows (currently Pale Barley and Mulberry)

Burberry Eyeliner, Midnight Ash (my favorite! It's a stub now, though, hence the random black eyeliner)

Burberry Eyeliner, Golden Brown (for under eye area)

Burberry Lip Velvets (currently Bright Poppy and Pink Amber)

Two eyeshadow brushes

Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser Concealer (for eyes -- it's the best stuff)

MAC blending brush

Laura Mercier Eyebrow Pencil, Blonde

I actually have no idea why these are in here / have not used in ages:

La Roche-Posay Respectissime Mascara Densifieur

Three pairs of tweezers (tf? so that's where they all went...)

Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color, Valencia Orange

Benefit Bad Gal Eyeliner (the old chubby one; I must have grabbed this randomly one day)

Essie Nail Polish in Come Here, which I think I bought on a whim and have not used

Approximately 834285 hair elastics

A rosary (I'm not really religious; it was given to me and now it apparently lives in my makeup bag...).

This post has inspired me to remove the last items (save 3 hair elastics) from my makeup bag, and now my bag is lighter. A+.

:smileyhappy:

janinebt

@ Sephoramusthave, yep I wear moisturizer both during the day and before bed. Even though I have combination skin I still have a tendency to get a little dry. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
drrragon

@sephoramusthave -- ooh now you have me wanting to go pick up one of these Flower foundations!  I hear good things about the BB cream too but haven't tried it yet.  So funny that you got the same compact that Fabz had....it's very cute!

Fabz

Wow. I was just browsing some of these pictures and I just realized... everyone posted a collection type photo and I just thought it was more of a "what's in my bag". I'll have to re-post my most used items and not just my purse make up bag. 

drrragon

Ok it took a while but I finally got some time to snap photos of my emergency makeup kit.  It took me a while to get it right (plus I'm obsessed with miniaturization) and it's not exactly the same as an everyday makeup bag.  It's for something that'll do in a pinch, but tiny enough that I can just throw it into my work bag and have with me at all times.

This is the case (I got it from Trish McEvoy's Voyager set) which is about 2.5" x 3.5"

20130423_120439.jpg

20130423_120524.jpg

Inside the case you can see a Stila single pan compact, a small pill box from Rite Aid, mini brushes, and a Clinique key chain.

20130423_120701.jpg

Stila Eye Shadow Trio in Ethereal (still my favorite go-to after all these years).  In the pill box, I filled 3 empty pans from Yaby with Benefit Booing concealer, Urban Decay afterglow cheek tint, and a Clinique cream blush.  I stuck the pans to the lid of the box with rubber cement.

20130423_120849.jpgMini Clinique High Impact Mascara, mini Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner, mini brushes, and aha!  the Clinique keychain is actually a mirror!

Fabz

Super cute little kit. 

sephoramusthave

I don't have a makeup bag in my purse....I just keep a handful of drugstore lipsticks and lipbalms in one of the side pockets and a compact mirror. The only makeup I touch up is lipstick, so I don't see the point in lugging things around for no reason. But I do bring a makeup bag when I'm traveling, and like that I can throw this new little bag in my purse no problem and without it taking up too much room (and yet...can hold TONS of stuff).

sephoramusthave

Fabz---The next time youre at Walmart, try the Flower Beauty About Face Foundation---I haven't been able to put it down since I got it, sooo good! And I think its $13.99. I'm obsessed with this line right now, flower beauty and rimmel London are my new drugstore obsessions!

Fabz

Would you recommend it for dry skin? I have been interested to try this line but last time I went by they had like ONE blush available. Blah. I will try this foundation though if you like it. What about the blushes? Any good?

sephoramusthave

I would! I have dry skin right now. I would say this is a good solid drugstore dupe for the KVD lock it tattoo foundation. It comes in a glass pump bottle, the formula is like a thick/rich cream, its not liquidy at all, and it has a good medium + coverage. I set it with powder and it looks flawless all day. I love it so much! And they have soooo many shades! I took the bottle and matched it to the inside of my arm and I matched myself perfectly. The colors do run a little light, I'm fair right now and usually use the lightest shade of foundation or second lightest shade in any range, and in this range I'm LF3, the 3rd lightest shade. They have a color match for everyone!

I only have the foundation and the lipstick that comes in the white packaging, I don't have anything else but I cant wait to try her TM/BB cream, cream blush and cream shadow!

Fabz

SOLD.  When I head over there I will pick some up. I have such a hard time finding foundation for dry skin at the drugstore. OR they don't even label which type of skin it's for and I take a skin and end up looking crusty...like a pizza yo ::smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Do you wear moisturizer under your foundation? When your skin is dry, it craves moisture, and it will literally suck the moisture out of your foundation to get what it needs which leaves most people with patchy looking foundation and dry flakes.

I usually have normal skin so I just wear sunscreen in the AM, but when my skin is dry I *have* to put on some kind of moisturizer.

Fabz

Yes I wear moisturizer and still have flaky skin. I've been trying different things to hydrate it but so far no good.

sephoramusthave

Here's my target pot.

pot2.jpg

Fabz

Cute. I think I saw those actually. I have a problem addiction to Target :/ You may need a couple of those, that one is over flowing. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 125 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • connieconcon
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • kimmi1115
    • joss009