Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

What will be the hottest new beauty trend?

Play Image_10.16.jpg

This month, PLAY! by SEPHORA is bringing you innovative formulas and indie finds with a selection of the coolest must-have products.

So that has us wondering: What do you predict will be the hottest new beauty trend this winter? Tell us in the comments below!

Learn more about PLAY! by SEPHORA at http://www.sephora.com/play.

Re: What will be the hottest new beauty trend?

I agree! I'm obsessed with Fresh. Everything works so well!

So true....I am not sure why I never tried Fresh before but just recently I tried it and I loooooovvvvvvvveeee the line now!  My skin just looks amazing after the soy cleanser and the black tea line.  I am going to branch out and try some of the other products now.

I think the hottest new beauty trend for this Winter will be contouring & bronzing on the face a hint of summer as it fades away and snowy season takes over; along with an eye makeup look that will take you to a beautiful mountain scenery with soft blues, browns, and pink hues as when the sun goes down.

Everything in prep for the cold winter, moisturizing lip products and face moisturizes, and hopefully some bold fun colors for fall and winter.

I really hope there are GlamGlow products in the Play! Box! I'm obsessed with the gravity mask!

Anonymous Insider

DRYBAR MaiTai

When do they typically mention or list some or all of the products in the box? I am a new subscriber and October will be my first box! 

They usually release what is in the box around the third week of the month!

I'm obsessed with the dark red based lips and muted eyeshadows in neutral colors. I'm hoping for Kat Von D lip products, maybe a nice highlighter, some winter eyeshadow, maybe a good moisturizer or mosturizing wash.

Anonymous Insider

I hope we get something with the new olive color that is trending now !!! Or any color that matches it !! 

I just hope it isn't something I've tried before! That's what I am disliking about my subscription so far. If it is a product which is launching, I want to try it out! Besides, that's when the companies are willing to offer the most samples anyway, right? I would be ok if maybe one product was an established favorite, BUT...it must be something Sephora hasn't offered as a free sample, freebie with a code, point reward, etc. in a really long time. As an example--Guerlain Meteorites. That was a code sample when it first launched, I think, and I missed it. I have kept a keen eye out as I want to compare it to the Christmas edition I got last year, but I have never, ever seen samples of it elsewhere. Send me that in a box, and even though it is a product that's been out a while, I will squeal with delight! So, an old favorite, and I'm sure lots of people have purchased it, but practically no one has gotten to try it as a sample. Just don't send Kat Von D. We get bombarded with her lip samples and eyeliner samples all the time! (And don't get me wrong, I own around 5 of her shadow palettes--awesome!--but I just don't need another freaking mini Trooper liner.) Oh, and NO Sephora brand stuff. That's cheating! Speaking personally, I don't want hair care items. Just makeup (mostly) and skin care (Elephant, Sunday Riley, etc.). I don't know how many other ladies would want to avoid hair care, but I am willing to bet most will groan when they get a Sephora box with things they've already tried with codes or point perks. That is what makes me think of cancelling! But...I am really hoping you guys get it together. November and December, around the holidays, would be the PERFECT time to blow things out of the water and impress your subscribers. As Sephora, you should have the power to make it great. Just use your heads and realize--we are paying for this directly. If we keep getting punishment boxes, we won't stick around for the sub. Plus, you miss out on a great marketing ploy of getting us hooked on NEW items as soon as they come out. Mic check! Tap, tap. Hello Sephora! Anyone out there listening?

I read this like a ransom note!  Lol!!

and, don't forget to add a MILLION dollars in unmarked bills!  ;')

This will make the PLAY box super COOL!

I have to say, as a subscriber, I completely disagree. I understand that you may have tried most of what's at sephora (been there, done that, and only interested in new products). But that isn't the case with everyone. A subscription box is about sampling products. YOU many only want to sample NEW products, but what about other subscribers who've heard for years about this great product and that great product, or may still be looking for the best concealer/face cream/etc. Maybe they want to try some of this stuff, but don't want to invest in the full size. For those that have smaller budgets and have to be more selective about what they purchase from sephora, this box is amazing. For only $10, they get to try so many products and then only spend the big bucks on what really works for them. Rather than spending hundreds on stuff that in the long run doesn't work out.

And as far as what is in the box, I don't think its reasonable to expect every box to be Sunday Riley and Guerlain. Remember you are paying (directly) only $10. In the August box, the deluxe sample size of Urban Decay mascara is sold at sephora for $10 by itself. That right there covered the price of the box. The full size of everything in this last box ranged in price from $12 to $38. Obviously, we're not getting the full size, but if you compare the quantities of what we're getting to the full size and use that to calculate rough cost, these boxes have been a great value so far. Obviously, I think they should still include some more luxury/prestige items (I was so excited about the sunday riley good genes), but I think it is unreasonable to expect everything in every box to be so high end. And to that point, even though I have the full size of the sunday riley good genes, I was still happy to receive the sample (I like the product, I know I'm going to use it, its a great value. We received 10 ml when the full size of 30 ml sells for $105. Since we received 1/3 of the full size product, its value is roughly 1/3 of $105 so basically, that deluxe size sample was worth $35 by itself). Just like I was happy to receive the Kat Von D liner. I already have one, but I like it and now I have one for when my current one dries up. And if I don't want it, I can pass it on to a friend without feeling like I've wasted so much money. I don't expect to like everything in every box. I just expect to like somethings and in general for it to be a good deal.

And finally, what is wrong with sephora brand items? They may not be super trendy, but they have great quality stuff. I love their blush, several of their lip products, and their brushes. 

I'm sorry to be so contradicting and perhaps negative, but your post really seems a bit entitled and snooty. I get the frustration of receiving things you've already tried, especially when you subscribed with the intent of only trying brand new items. But that isn't the case for everyone. And describing the previous boxes as "punishment boxes" and telling sephora to "just use [their] heads" is condescending and childish. If the subscription box doesn't suit your need, unsubscribe. But its not like sephora is just dishing out crap products in these boxes. They are popular products and generally the box is valued at more than the $10 we pay for it. So how is that a punishment? 

Spoiler
🎃

Burgundy and copper shades of everything ..I'd love to see some fashion color eyeliners!

Liquid metallics for lips, eyes, and highlights.

I'm guessing bold lips, and moisturizing products.

Pastel hair. Natural makeup

Two toned lip... mismatched lip color...not ombre

I would flip if they gave us sample sizes of that two toned lipstick by Laneige, especially the purple one! But I don't think they carry the brand. Even so, that is what sprang to mind when I read your comment. 😄

New cult favorite brands plz!!!!! Ex: Juvias Place, WinkyLux, or Dose Of Colors. Only examples but I want some new brands....NEW TREND: mismatched lip color....not on break but miss much like two different colors on each lip or asymmetrical effect

A dark contour color 

testing