irenet

What was your very First purchase at Sephora and Why take the plunge?

We've all been there...a bag full of unused or disappointing make up from the drug store, which I still like but without the ability to try before buy you end up with a lot of fails. Then you find Sephora and wonder, is the price worth it? You try a few things, you like a few things, you see the price tag and tell yourself: "Eh, I can go with ramen noddles for a week to afford this." And then you buy it. What was your first purchase? Why did you choose it? I always like hearing other stories like this. Share on!

waterbaby1981

Re: What was your very First purchase at Sephora and Why take the plunge?

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary 24/7 Eyeliner Set.  I had never set foot in Sephora before, much less bought anything really high end other than Laura Mercier at Nordstrom, so it was totally a spur of the moment purchase when the Clackamas Town Center location in Portland opened up.  Then I found out there was a Sephora inside JCP...and that's where I found the Naked palette.

And such began my makeup collecting days.  I'm sure my husband hates Sephora with the passion of a thousand fiery suns by now.  We've agreed NOT to tally up how much I spent at Sephora this month.  And I can't buy anything else unless I run out or the VIB sales start around my birthday in November.

blackkitty2014

(0) Hearts

Last year and it was Nars One Night Stand. For some weird reasons, I thought Sephora is a shop with drug store and low end cosmetic brands. ignorance me lol :smileywink: That what I got for not having BTs around :smileywink:

ilovetopurplefy

(0) Hearts

My very first purchase from Sephora was the Naked palette. I received a $50 giftcard from one of my friends for my 16th birthday (October 2011) and when I went to spend it was the first time I ever stepped into a Sephora store. Before then, my sis and I were not allowed to go in there. It was taboo. I chose the Naked palette because I had been lusting over it since the day it came out in 2010 and that was the moment I was finally able to get my hands on it. That started my addiction, hahaha :smileyhappy:

AHermes

(0) Hearts

My first purchase was when i went to sephora for my birthday and i picked out the naked 2 pallet that my bf bought for me. This led to many more purchases haha. Once I experienced higher quality cosmetics it opened my eyes that there are so many products that i need to try

Tirah

(0) Hearts

Too Faced exclusive holiday pallet in the tin, 2012. I used to think Sephora was too high end for me but the tin was on sale and too pretty to pass up. Then the strangest thing happened...my eyes didn't burn, sting or tear up like it always did with the drugstore brands. Now the only pain my beauty cause is on my bank account but it is soooo worth it!

danimazz

(0) Hearts

I remember when Sephora opened in the mall I worked in...I knew it was the start of something special lol  

I bought the Urban Decay Summer of Love quad, the Too Faced Naked Eye palette, a mini Dior mascara and a mini Benefit Bad Gal mascara.  I absolutely loved the Naked Eye palette and even hit pan on a few shades - and that never happens to me anymore!

lovelykatya

I remember my 1st purchase was Stila eyeshadow trio in Rose gold, it was a spontaneous buy to make myself feel better after I found out that one of my professors screwed me over on a grade in undergrad...

Was it worth it - I still use it...lol , also it started my LOVE with Sephora addiction...so monster have been created :smileyhappy:

Stila Rose Gold

msperfect

(0) Hearts

Last year when my birthday was coming up, (I just got introduced to Sephora) I got a beauty blender and sephora collection eye makeup remover and moisturizer. Just wanted to get myself a little early birthday present :smileyhappy:

annypoo

Mine was the naked palette, the one that came with the double ended eyeliner pencil. I made the plunge since I have heard great things about it and it was in my color range. I've always wanted a UD palette after trying one of my friend's (think it was the ammo or the sustainable shadow box). One day I walked into Sephora and there were 2 naked palettes. They have just restocked it and I couldn't pass it up so I grabbed one. Thank goodness too because it ended up selling out for months! I've been a loyal fan to UD shadows after that. 

irenet

(0) Hearts

I've been seeing a lot of post where people were getting the UD Naked palettes as the first purchase. I'm so late, I got Naked 3 only this year. Love it!!

shyvicki

(0) Hearts

I just bought my first Naked palette a few months ago. I plan on getting Naked 3 when it's closer to spring.

RobPsWife

image.jpgi lived overseas when I got into makeup & wanted a naked palette. It was a few days before my bday so I went crazy. Hooked ever since 😆

irenet

(0) Hearts

What a beautiful picture....

jwilk241

(0) Hearts

My first Sephora purchase was the BeautyBlender and Kat Von D Lock It foundation.

I purchased the BeautyBlender because I read so many good things about it. I was using the Real Techniques stippling brush and while it was great, I just wanted something new to try. Still use my BB everyday and still love it.

I bought the KVD foundation because I was using the Tarte foundation and really didn't like it. I previously used ELDW but I was afraid to start using the new formula because of all the bad reviews. So I tried the KVD foundation. Used it for a couple months and suddenly hated it. Still have half a bottle left. Decided to try the "new" ELDW and never looked back. Still can't believe I let all the bad reviews scare me away from my HG foundation.

shimmerbait

(0) Hearts

I want to say it was 1998 or 1999.  I was still in high school.  Sephora was new and exciting (it's still exciting to me!!), and because I was sort of (meaning definitely) going overboard with the brown lipsticks and thick, thick lines of black eyeliner, my mother thought it would be great to take me and get me started on a new routine.  I must have been concerned about spending too much money (hers, not mine) because I only paid attention to the Sephora-brand products.  I walked out with a deep rose-ish colored Sephora-brand lipstick and matching lip-liner.  I remember my mother saying, "We made a special trip here and that's all you wanted???!"  I didn't know she wanted to spend more money on makeup!!  She rants and raves about how much I spend at Sephora these days, but it's really her fault for introducing us!

cmccoy7

(0) Hearts

It was in 2012 and I bought the Naked 1 palette, MUFE eye liner, and Poise Tint.... which are still my go to products

AlisG

I think it was the Urban Decay Fishnet Eyeshadow (from like 10 years ago)... and I'm pretty sure I still have it as well. I loved the bright bold colours when I was 16 even though I had no idea how to apply makeup.. Still do and still don't haha. Not to mention I felt so fancy because I had to go all the way to Seattle to go to Sephora since they weren't in Canada and online shopping wasn't a thing yet.

It was just so pretty! 
046.JPG

RandeeBT

What a great first purchase, AlisG! I loved the deluxe eyeshadows from Urban Decay too! These were amazing! I still have a couple of them :smileywink:

Best,
Randee
AlisG

(0) Hearts

I agree! I was such a sucker for the packaging. I'm sad that they don't exist anymore like this. It was awesome because each colour had it's own look! I wish I picked up more than just one :smileysad: lol

LindaBS

It was actually very recent, last May. I bought the Naked 1, 2 & Clinique SPF 50 Sunscreen. Almost 3 months later and I'm almost VIB Rouge... Ugh.

End0ra

(0) Hearts

I hear you.  And feel your wallet pain.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 113 hearts
  • 81 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • killerteeth
    • shyvicki