irenet

What was your very First purchase at Sephora and Why take the plunge?

We've all been there...a bag full of unused or disappointing make up from the drug store, which I still like but without the ability to try before buy you end up with a lot of fails. Then you find Sephora and wonder, is the price worth it? You try a few things, you like a few things, you see the price tag and tell yourself: "Eh, I can go with ramen noddles for a week to afford this." And then you buy it. What was your first purchase? Why did you choose it? I always like hearing other stories like this. Share on!

annypoo

Re: What was your very First purchase at Sephora and Why take the plunge?

Mine was the naked palette, the one that came with the double ended eyeliner pencil. I made the plunge since I have heard great things about it and it was in my color range. I've always wanted a UD palette after trying one of my friend's (think it was the ammo or the sustainable shadow box). One day I walked into Sephora and there were 2 naked palettes. They have just restocked it and I couldn't pass it up so I grabbed one. Thank goodness too because it ended up selling out for months! I've been a loyal fan to UD shadows after that. 

irenet

(0) Hearts

I've been seeing a lot of post where people were getting the UD Naked palettes as the first purchase. I'm so late, I got Naked 3 only this year. Love it!!

shyvicki

(0) Hearts

I just bought my first Naked palette a few months ago. I plan on getting Naked 3 when it's closer to spring.

RobPsWife

image.jpgi lived overseas when I got into makeup & wanted a naked palette. It was a few days before my bday so I went crazy. Hooked ever since 😆

irenet

(0) Hearts

What a beautiful picture....

jwilk241

(0) Hearts

My first Sephora purchase was the BeautyBlender and Kat Von D Lock It foundation.

I purchased the BeautyBlender because I read so many good things about it. I was using the Real Techniques stippling brush and while it was great, I just wanted something new to try. Still use my BB everyday and still love it.

I bought the KVD foundation because I was using the Tarte foundation and really didn't like it. I previously used ELDW but I was afraid to start using the new formula because of all the bad reviews. So I tried the KVD foundation. Used it for a couple months and suddenly hated it. Still have half a bottle left. Decided to try the "new" ELDW and never looked back. Still can't believe I let all the bad reviews scare me away from my HG foundation.

shimmerbait

(0) Hearts

I want to say it was 1998 or 1999.  I was still in high school.  Sephora was new and exciting (it's still exciting to me!!), and because I was sort of (meaning definitely) going overboard with the brown lipsticks and thick, thick lines of black eyeliner, my mother thought it would be great to take me and get me started on a new routine.  I must have been concerned about spending too much money (hers, not mine) because I only paid attention to the Sephora-brand products.  I walked out with a deep rose-ish colored Sephora-brand lipstick and matching lip-liner.  I remember my mother saying, "We made a special trip here and that's all you wanted???!"  I didn't know she wanted to spend more money on makeup!!  She rants and raves about how much I spend at Sephora these days, but it's really her fault for introducing us!

cmccoy7

(0) Hearts

It was in 2012 and I bought the Naked 1 palette, MUFE eye liner, and Poise Tint.... which are still my go to products

AlisG

I think it was the Urban Decay Fishnet Eyeshadow (from like 10 years ago)... and I'm pretty sure I still have it as well. I loved the bright bold colours when I was 16 even though I had no idea how to apply makeup.. Still do and still don't haha. Not to mention I felt so fancy because I had to go all the way to Seattle to go to Sephora since they weren't in Canada and online shopping wasn't a thing yet.

It was just so pretty! 
046.JPG

RandeeBT

What a great first purchase, AlisG! I loved the deluxe eyeshadows from Urban Decay too! These were amazing! I still have a couple of them :smileywink:

Best,
Randee
AlisG

(0) Hearts

I agree! I was such a sucker for the packaging. I'm sad that they don't exist anymore like this. It was awesome because each colour had it's own look! I wish I picked up more than just one :smileysad: lol

LindaBS

It was actually very recent, last May. I bought the Naked 1, 2 & Clinique SPF 50 Sunscreen. Almost 3 months later and I'm almost VIB Rouge... Ugh.

End0ra

(0) Hearts

I hear you.  And feel your wallet pain.

sora13

My very first purchase was back in 2008, when I was 13 years old. I got the Korres Lemon and Basil body lotion.

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

You have amazing taste, sora13! I love the Korres Lemon and Basil scent. It is such a pretty scent! 

Best,
Randee
kellsmuneoka

I bought Chanel N°5 (which was a fortune for me) in the biggest bottle when I was 11. I bet people could smell me a mile a way because I sprayed myself 5 times at least...did I mention it was my first time using perfume too? Good times. 

unblownkisses

[ Edited ]

Barbie perfume. True story y'all. I felt so fancy.

upload_4550697824112491531.jpg

unblownkisses

Also, I believe I bought a DuWop lip venom at the same time.

10 years later I think I still have both of these items somewhere...

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

Lol, I just found my lip venom in the bottom of a case. 

gogreyhound

My first purchase was when we finally got a SIJCP and before we finally, finally got a free-standing Sephora here! I got the tin of Minted Rose Lip salve, and the UD Anti-Aging eyeshadow primer, which I am pretty sure will last me forever--such a huge tube!   that was quite a while ago...my obsession with Sephora and BT didn't pick up steam until after Christmas 2013 when I got a gift card, started on BT, and then...well, I should hit Rouge by the end of the year, and I love it all now!! :smileyhappy:

Biedazzle

(0) Hearts

I'm almost positive it was actually a makeup bag that I saw. It was covered in blue sequins and I loved it. Otherwise, if we're talking about an actual beauty product, I believe it was at Christmas time when they had a Dior mascara set. I was obsessed with their mascara and Sephora was the only place selling the special holiday set. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 100 replies
  • 99 hearts
  • 74 in conversation
    • kalex
    • killerteeth
    • shyvicki
    • lovelykatya
    • maltipoo66
    • malday