irenet

What was your very First purchase at Sephora and Why take the plunge?

We've all been there...a bag full of unused or disappointing make up from the drug store, which I still like but without the ability to try before buy you end up with a lot of fails. Then you find Sephora and wonder, is the price worth it? You try a few things, you like a few things, you see the price tag and tell yourself: "Eh, I can go with ramen noddles for a week to afford this." And then you buy it. What was your first purchase? Why did you choose it? I always like hearing other stories like this. Share on!

sora13

Re: What was your very First purchase at Sephora and Why take the plunge?

My very first purchase was back in 2008, when I was 13 years old. I got the Korres Lemon and Basil body lotion.

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

You have amazing taste, sora13! I love the Korres Lemon and Basil scent. It is such a pretty scent! 

Best,
Randee
kellsmuneoka

I bought Chanel N°5 (which was a fortune for me) in the biggest bottle when I was 11. I bet people could smell me a mile a way because I sprayed myself 5 times at least...did I mention it was my first time using perfume too? Good times. 

unblownkisses

[ Edited ]

Barbie perfume. True story y'all. I felt so fancy.

upload_4550697824112491531.jpg

unblownkisses

Also, I believe I bought a DuWop lip venom at the same time.

10 years later I think I still have both of these items somewhere...

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

Lol, I just found my lip venom in the bottom of a case. 

gogreyhound

My first purchase was when we finally got a SIJCP and before we finally, finally got a free-standing Sephora here! I got the tin of Minted Rose Lip salve, and the UD Anti-Aging eyeshadow primer, which I am pretty sure will last me forever--such a huge tube!   that was quite a while ago...my obsession with Sephora and BT didn't pick up steam until after Christmas 2013 when I got a gift card, started on BT, and then...well, I should hit Rouge by the end of the year, and I love it all now!! :smileyhappy:

Biedazzle

(0) Hearts

I'm almost positive it was actually a makeup bag that I saw. It was covered in blue sequins and I loved it. Otherwise, if we're talking about an actual beauty product, I believe it was at Christmas time when they had a Dior mascara set. I was obsessed with their mascara and Sephora was the only place selling the special holiday set. 

friedrice

My first purchase from Sephora was a Nars cream blush. I am very impressed that it was so pigmented and the packaging look so fancy. Because before I just own all drugstore makeup, even the foundations from family dollar. 'Oh my' lol. And then I looked at my pictures before I was using drugstore makeup compared to the ones when I bought from Sephora.....then after that I am obsessed anything Sephora! 

bcteagirl

Too faced hearts, the original not the recent release. so fairly recently and it was all downhill from there as I am now rouge lol.

H216

This will date/age me, but I think my first purchase was some fekkai (back when they carried it) hair gloss. I had some flyaways I needed to tame right then & there & the SA convinced me. After that I got the curl cream by the same brand and sephora brand eyeshadow palette within the same week. 

...and like most, I was hooked....very bittersweet for me & my wallet.!

klbandy

I had gone into Sephora because my local Clinique counter had ran out of my moisturizer. I wandered in there and came out with at least four things from brands I had never heard of. I've been rouge since the program started because I honestly love the experience of shopping here. I think the first thing I purchased was the Bare minerals original foundation and the MUFE Mat Velvet foundation. 

courtneyleeh

My first purchase was one of the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment tinted lip balms.  I bought it because I really wanted a tinted lip balm I could take from day to night, and I didn't like wearing anything on my lips that didn't feel like chapstick! I ran out of it quickly, too fast to spend another $23 for a second tube, but I will say I loved it while it lasted.s1332329-main-hero.jpg

Koivu11

(0) Hearts

I wanna say I bought the Stila liquid eyeliner. I had gotten it as a gift and loved it and needed another and the Stila counter was sold out. Prior to this I strictly shopped at counters, mainly Urban Decay. So to use another brand AND go to Sephora, it was like a last resort. And then I loved it. And now I'm a rogue member lol so you can see I've stuck around.

I think the things that really hooked me were the samples (especially deluxe samples,) the Sephora favorites collections and the amount of skincare products. I did not know of any place where you could get a variety of skin care products from different companies and that is actually what I spend most of my money on. 

JenBlush

My first time was the day of my prom! :smileywink: lol (2010)

I needed to make an appointment to get my makeup done before prom, and I got to MAC, but of course, they were already booked for that day. So I had no choice and settled for Sephora. They did my makeup [Horrendous, I cried and everything, and took it off when I got home (He painted my WHOLE eye gold, with a green spek on my brow bone.... and my dress was gold and silver)] I bought 2 Kat Von D palettes and makeup remover! lol 

But little did I know, later on I would be loving it and it would be the start of a new relationship.

I do have to say though, it was not love at first sight for me and Sephora! lol

gem5136

(0) Hearts

Mine was about ten years ago, a bare minerals starter kit. and I stuck with all bare minerals until summer 2008 (for some reason I thought you had to stick with one brand lol) when the addiction began. I bought naked 1 and UD primer potion, Makeup Forever matte velvet and smash box photo finish. And I have never looked back. 

fatimamummy

(0) Hearts

I remembered mine as it was roughly 2 yrs ago and it was a clinique even better skincare set,

kats858

I can't remember the first, but I clearly remember entering Sephora in Paris to ask if they had my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (that was threatening to end during my trip). The sales person looked at me as if I were asking about some cheap third class product and told me that they don't carry it there. I felt very un-glam. Hahaha.

RandeeBT

How strange that they didn't carry Laura Mercier in Paris! She is French after all! 

Best,
Randee
NicoleFrat

(0) Hearts

oh boy.  I bought a primer and a setting spray for my wedding back in 2008, so that was my first sephora purchase ever.  I didn't shop there again until I purchased the Naked 2 palette in fall 2012, and have been shopping here ever since. 

poemelyric

[ Edited ]

LOL!  I think it was 1999,,,  I was reading a beauty magazine and they mentioned Sephora.com so I thought I'd take a sneak peek.  I purchased a Hard Candy frosted eye shadow quad (yes, it was bad taste... I consider it a bad rave hangover!), a couple of UD nail polishes, a lip glaze and perfume (I think it was Flower by Kenzo).  My second purchase a few months later was Night Bird eye shadow, powder foundation and a Multiple by Nars (I was a Sex and the City addict by then and finally learned good taste, LOL).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 113 hearts
  • 81 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • killerteeth
    • shyvicki
    • lovelykatya
    • maltipoo66