onomotopoeia9

What should I do about my super-light (UD 0.5 shade in foundation) skin?

Ok, so my skin is super light and I typically do not get much tan at all. (Only burns, and I prevent it because its dangerous) ). With the summer up ahead, I'm trying to figure out what to do when everyone else is getting glowing tans.

Is such pale skin considered ugly or nerdy?

Honest opinions please.

keelybt

Re: What should I do about my super-light (UD 0.5 shade in foundation) skin?

I say no, but maybe that's because I'm even lighter lol  Over the years, I've gotten used to it and have no desire to tan or be darker, but I do love to glow with a little luminizer! We all come in different colors that are all beautiful and confidence is the most beautiful asset of all :smileyhappy:

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

I thought 0.5 was ud's lightest color?

keelybt

It is, but it's too dark for me lol :smileysad:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Me, too, Keely!  I'm a Bobbi Brown Alabaster- how about you?

katie1724

(0) Hearts

Same here! I wanted it to work, and I thought it might at first, but no luck. :smileytongue:

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Bobbi Brown Alabaster is lighter than the ud 0.5? I actually have the bobbi brown alabaster tinted moisturizer, and I think its really nice :smileyhappy:

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

Well thanks for the encouragement:smileyhappy: I started to appreciate my my "Snow White" look  (pale skin, dark hair) , but I've gotten some rude comments recently, so I was beginning to doubt myself...

Any products recommendations for my coloring?

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Who on earth made rude comments? That's really unfortunate -- if you can, just let it roll off your back. People still make comments to me about my pastiness (my 13-year old cousin, for instance...and I'm over 30), but I'd rather be pasty.

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Co-workers. Today someone said to me "you are always so pale, do you have some sort of sickness?"

I don't - my mom has the same skin, and so did my grandmother.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

RUDE! Really not called for at all (though I suppose it could have been ignorance on her/his part, and not rudeness, but since I don't know the person, I have no idea. Still, no excuse!).

Also -- a note about Bobbi Brown Alabaster -- it's not totally consistent as a shade across all of her foundation formulas. Alabaster Tint in the TM is sheerer, so it has less coverage (but it's definitely lighter than Laura Mercier Porcelain and the NARS TM). So, yes, I think Alabaster in the Skin foundation and in the Long Wear Even Finish ARE lighter than the UD 0.5, but the Moisture Rich and Luminous are darker than the Skin / Even Finish (and if I'm not mistaken, I think those are a bit darker or on par with UD 0.5).

crayzeeRN

Don't take it to heart. Those who make this type of comment to others usually have the lowest self esteem for themselves.

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

you are so right. people feel like putting down others will bring themselves up.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

you should say, "oh hey do you have something stuck in your teeth? it looks green..." (concerned face)

:smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

There is no shame in using bronzer or fake tanner. I struggled with this a few years ago- like you, I am very pale and don't really tan- I burn. I wear SPF 45 like a fiend- not only am I a nurse and have seen what melanoma can do to you, but I've also had a scare with a mole that my doctor suspected was cancerous (and thankfully was not).

I've learned to love my pale skin. I often get compliments that my skin looks like porcelain or that I look like snow white (heck yes, I'll be a disney princess!) We are all beautiful in our own way, pale, tan or dark skin :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Honest opinion: I LOVE nerdy (I have a rubik's cube purse, always gets me compliment). And I'm on the opposite end of the trend. I view of beauty is kind of classical asian, in that I love the pale/light look and don't like/want tan ever.

So, I don't think pale skin is ugly, and I'm pretty sure skin color have nothing to do with nerdiness. If I have foundation packets that are too light, I actually use a dab as brightener under the brow and stuff instead of eyeshadows. Or at least that's what I did with my Naked sample.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 50 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • jennypenny1995
    • berniebeauty
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4