Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What’s your most loved beauty essential?

We’re so excited to be introducing PLAY! by SEPHORA, our new subscription box.

All of the products in the first delivery are our must-have beauty essentials. What are the products you can’t stand to go without? We want to know!

Learn more about PLAY! by SEPHORA—which is launching on a limited, invitation-only basis now and will be available nation-wide in 2016—at www.sephora.com/play

box1.jpg

Re: What’s your most loved beauty essential?

Stila liquid liner, Burberry earthy blush contouring powder, Dolce & Gabbana Classic lipstick, Laura Mercier highlighter, brow gel and loose powder, Tarte bronzer.

Dior mascara

Smashbox primer

Stila liquid eyeliner

UD Naked Palette

General: lip balm, face moisturizer, face wash, toner, hand lotion

❤️ Brands: Fresh, Boscia, Clinique, Nars

I CANNOT live without lip balm, concealer, mascara, brows, and powder. So, pretty much my Givenchy Mister Light, Rose Mint lip balm, Tarte Lights Camera Splashes Mascara, Sephora Brow pencil, and Tarte Smooth Operator powder.

Diorshow Mascara!

Anonymous Insider

Eyeliner and mascara are can't live without items.

I'm open for anything. I've really pared down my makeup to a few beloved items and am ready to branch out again.

NARS Audacious lipstick. PERFECT for all-day wear!

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer - Light, even coverage that makes my skin look more polished, plus SPF 30!

A waterproof mascara, I usually use Clinique Lash Power Long Wear or Diorshow Waterproff but recently got a YSL sample that I love!

Caudline Lip Conditioner

Perfume, usually Chanel Mademoiselle but recently I like B. Balenciaga 

Liquid liners

blotting sheets

COVER FX Drops

lip balm

setting powder

bronzer

bb cream

Kat Von D Ink Liner for the perfect cat eye
Oil Blotting sheets for touch ups through the day 
A waterproof mascara 
Lip balm or lip gloss

Anonymous Insider

oil-free moisturizer (hydrate! hydrate! - since I have oily skin, I prefer oil-free products)

lip stain (I'm in love with lip stains - orange and pink for daily, but love other colors)

flower/fresh perfume (love to collect perfume samples!)

body/hand cream (with good scent)

face serum (love to try new products)

Not essentials, but I like:

primer

finish powder/spray

hair products (especially for damage)

bronzer/blusher

body oil

cleanser............ well everything lol

Anonymous Insider

My essentials:

A lasting, hydrating sheer color lip balm.

A very moisturizing hand cream.

An excellent sunscreen that spreads easily and absorbs quickly.

Eye liner - In a color other than black or bright blue. 

Lip sticks/stains- In a color other than bright red, orange red or deep plum. These colors are rarely suitable for a wide range of skin tones. It would be nice to get neutral plums, pinks, roses, even a really Pink pink. anything but those insanely dramatic colors. Not everyone is going with the trend.

Masks- I will just about always try a mask at least once, and I use them regularly.

Hair products- I must be one of the few who likes multi-use hair product samples. I rarely by a hair product that I have not test driven, either applied at the salon or sampled. 

Perfume samples- I'm a scent hoarder 

Most importantly, some attempt to match the hues of any cosmetic products to the subscribers skin tone. Like 3-4 colors that can be more applicable to fair, light, medium, and deep complexions? As a neutral fair/light skin tone, I resign myself to giving all the lipsticks that come in subscriptions away. It would be nice to keep one. I'm sure those who have deep complexions are also gifting their fair share of lippies away.

Definitely a balance of different products in each box:

-skin care products (toners, moisturizers, serums)

-weekly facial products (masks, exfoliators)

-make up for eyes (mini mascaras, eyeliners, eyeshadows)

-make up for lips (mini lipsticks, lipbalms)

It would be nice if the products were either new product launches from well-known brands (e.g. Clinique, Lancome, etc), or from brands that we don't normally have access to as GWP or perks (e.g. Korean brands, high-end MJ, Dior, Givenchy, etc).

I personally love perfume samples, but I think Sephora gives out those often enough. I do think mini perfumes would be a pleasant surprise!

I 100% agree with your list!

I also really wish they would include one new item on the box. Maybe even before it hits stores. I think it'd be nice marketing on their part and great for us. 

I've been waiting for Sephora to curate a box like this for a long time so I'm hoping it's good!

Oh yes! Mini perfumes would be much preferred over the samples. And the lip balms, instead of getting glosses/lip sticks/stains all the time. A nice sheer "almost lipstick".

These are things I would love to see in the boxes:

-Perfume samples (I love perfume, so the more the better)

-Skin serums

-Lipstick samples in various shades, not just red. (Lipsticks are one of the hardest things to sample, so it would be awesome to see different shades featured in the boxes)

Face/Eye moisturizers 

absolute essentials: Beauty Blender, Benefit Roller Lash Mascara, Nars Matte Lip Pencils, UD Eye Shadow Primer Potion (I wear this even if I'm not wearing any eyeshadow - keeps your eyelids from getting oily/greasy in the summer!!)

A good quality bronzer.

Mascara is always my bare minimum! Buxom Lash is my all time favorite 🙂

Other than that I really really love eye liners, pencils and liquid! They're my go to when I don't feel like doing eye shadow and the right color can really bring out your eyes.

Outside of makeup sunscreen is a must for me! 

Anonymous Insider

Please lty us have the option of choosing the things we're interested in. I have no interest in perfume or hair products. Also please don't send us Sephora line products frequently, one in a few months is acceptable, one per month is going to make me very upset.

I totally understand why there's a lot of people uninterested in perfume samples, but please please please get us some samples of the perfumes from Juliette Has a Gun!! I am not close enough to a store to stop by and check these out, and there's nothing under $100 to buy online to take them for a test drive. 😞

And if you include any nail polish (please do because I'm a polish addict!).... PLEASE do not include anything that isn't 5 free. I've gotten free Formula X polish from you guys that I can't even wear because it contains formaldehyde resin.

I think eyeshadows, eyeliners, and lipsticks in bold colors would be great samples though. Those are thypes of items I wouldn't already be buying from you, so it's a great way to get me to try new things and give you mode of my money, lol!

testing