cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

What’s your favorite DIY trick?

play!_PREshipBox_joinconvo.jpg

This month PLAY! by Sephora is bringing the spa directly to your home with advanced products that beauty experts love most.

So that has us wondering: what’s your favorite DIY beauty hack? Tell us in the comments below!

Learn more about PLAY! by SEPHORA—which is launching on a limited, invitation-only basis now and will be available nation-wide in 2016—at http://www.sephora.com/play.

Re: What’s your favorite DIY trick?

SAVING YOUR LIPS!

MIX GRANULATED BROWN SUGAR WITH PURE OLIVE OIL TO FORM A SOFT PASTE.

APPLY TO YOUR LIPS AND RUB GENTLY IN A CIRCULAR  MOTION TO EXFOLIATE.

RINSE WITH WARM WATER AND APPLY YOUR FAVORITE LIP MOISTURIZER OR BALM.

ENJOY SENSATIONALLY SOFT LIPS!!

Coconut oil is a killer hair mask for a dry scalp. It also nourishes and conditions my curly hair. Gently massage a few TBSP into your scalp and then use a comb to gently work it into the rest of your hair. Use a shower cap so the heat of your head is trapped and the oil can work it's way into your hair shafts. Then double-shampoo after and dandruff is gone! The antibacterial properties and moisturizing qualities attack dandruff on two different levels. Perfect for winter. 

Only use hair oils halfway down the length of your hair to the tips. Higher up and your hair will turn too greasy too quickly. Also anything around your face you run the risk of breaking out. 

Pull any bangs into barrette straight back and clip pull hair back and if you can go an extra day without shampooing this extends the life of hair color and helps keep hair healthier. ( ie you arent blow drying and using your flat iron)

Be cautious with coconut oil and the face. It can cause some to break out. Jojoba oil is a better option for those who break out. Great for oil cleansing, moisture or even use on hair. 

I prefer a face wash that bubbles a bit more since I have combo/oily acne prone skin. I am a big fan of the Cere-ve washes.... they are also good for cleaning make up brushes. 

I saw on Nikkitutorials that she uses those little hotel soaps to clean her beauty blender and brushes...so I tried it....WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!

I remember when I lost my eyelash curler in a vacation right before a very important party. I thought I would get stuck with my straight lashes. Turn out, I had a great idea to use the clue for my fake eyelashes. I clued my real eyelashes with that fake one. Voila!!! It looks as much perfect as using the curler

Anonymous Insider

I clean my brushes with baby shampoo and a little coconut oil to keep them soft. 

I don't know if this would qualify as a DIY trick, but it is money saving! Lol

I like to take my makeup wipes and cut them up (or rip them when im lazy) so I can save how many times I use them. 

With one sheet I can do two full face makeup removing. 
Or if I just want to take off my heavy eye makeup and lipstick then i'll just use a quarter of the sheet!  

Anonymous Insider

Make up remover wipes - 3 T coconut oil, 1 T baby bath wash, 2 c water, 1/4 t tea tree oil

I love a good body scrub that doesn't make the shower floor oily. A cup of sugar mixed with a large container of greek yogurt and scrub your body. It makes your skin glow!

DIY Lip Scrub... 

Coconut oil, olive oil, brown sugar, honey & vanilla extract.

I love it!

DIY masks for sure.

Sea Salt and Honey as a mask and works as an exfoliant,  it works so well and your skin looks great after. 

Because I'm always tired and lazy at night, I opt for the fastest way to remove my makeup. I've found that if I purchase Mary Kay's makeup removal cloths, which are huge - 12" x 9.75" and are extremely reasonable (30 cloths for $6.00); especially when you cut them into fourths. This gives you120 facial cleansing cloths for $6.00!!!!! Use with your favorite make up remover, no rinse product (I use Vichy's Purete Thermal 3 in 1 -micellar water, toner and eye-makeup remover. 6.7 ounces for $17 - lasts forever) and it is a very inexpensive way to clean your face for several months. Not to mention cheap. Works very well for my sensitive skin.  

I have black hair but I dye it light brown/blonde.  When I'm feeling really self conscious about my roots, I sometimes use Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder at the hair parting with maybe some ABH tinted brow gel on my stray baby hairs.  Doing this also helps make my hair look fuller and acts as a dry shampoo (gets rid of oiliness)

I like to use duraline with my eyeshadows to make a eyeliner with colors

Olive Oil has been my go to for removing my mascara, eyeshadow, and brow liner. It's removes makeup easily and also hydrates the eye tissue. No crows feet here at 38. 😊R

Using my eyeshadows as nail polish. Just pour clear nail polish in with scraps of eyeshadow, mix them together and paint them nails. I hate buying nail polishes since I never finish them so this is perfect.

What's the ratio? It would seem you'd need a lot? He does it last???

Great tip - love it! Passing along to my friends. Happy New Year from Dallas/Plano, Texas!!

Coconut oil to get all the mascara off my lashes. It also conditions them and make them nice and healthy!

Coconut oil is amazing! I remove my makeup with it every night: just rub it in my dry face, and follow with cleanser! Perfectly removes even waterproof mascara and doesn't irritate my eyes like many cleansing oils. Skin is nice and nourished!

I also love using it as hair mask for 20-30 minutes before I wash my hair, especially at the roots and ends. It helps hair growth, and hair is so soft afterwards! And say good-bye to split ends 🙂

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • play!_PREshipBox_joinconvo.jpg
testing