Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What's in your carry on bag?

I'm packing for a weekend trip and I thought it would be fun to have a thread about what we bring while traveling. Here's mine for this trip - it may seem excesssive, but if you look closely you'll see enormous restraint 😉

Spoiler

IMG_0192.JPG
The skincare section. I'll put a scoop of the Banila Clean It Zero in each side of that contacts case, one for each night. My sample hoarding is showing here.

IMG_0194.JPG
The makeup section! The Diorskin will go in another contacts case. Do I need five lipsticks, a primer, and a balm? Yeah. I do.

IMG_0195.JPG
An absolute marvel of efficiency!

Share your tips and lists and travel favorites!

RE: What's in your carry on bag?

As I fly a lot, I have certain products in a dedicated travel makeup/skincare bag. Solid stick products are some of my favorites because they don’t have to go in your TSA liquids bag. For some that do, I also love the contact lens case strategy!! Decanting is a way of life (sturdy containers a must!) and foils are awesome. I always bring a sheet mask (or five!) and some empty little plastic pots for the extra serum. Travel is hard and some extra luxury and pampering makes a world of difference. Happy travels, all!
Anonymous Insider

Re: What's in your carry on bag?

Omg I'm actually on trip when I write this. For a skin care, I just bring my usual SK II products which are: my facial wash, clear lotion, FTE, repair C, and my UV (I'm in my bed now I'm too lazy to get up and look for the full name) plus I bring a random moisturizer (but good!) From daiso which i bought in singapore a month ago and it only cost me SGD2 which is around USD1.50❤

For makeup, heres the list:

Benefit porefessional matte rescue

Benefit porefessional primer

Maybelline fit me matte foundation

Maybelline fit me concealer

Make Over correcting palette*

Innisfree auto eyebrow pencil

Too faced 24hr shadow insurance eyeshadow primer

Zoeva rose golden eyeshadow palette

Sariayu 25 best colour choice palette*

Too faced better than sex mascara

Maybelline hypersharp eyeliner

Wardah Eyexpert gel eyeliner*

LT Pro count on me contouring palette*

Bobbi Brown shimmer brick

Daiso blush

Makeupforever mist & fix setting spray

BH cosmetics 14 set pink brush

Lipsticks? I bring too many, Kylie Koko, Ofra, YSL, UD are just a few of em all

I'd love to take a photo of my makeup but I'm a lazy bum so maybe later😂

*Indonesian product which I purchased when I visited Jakarta a month ago, and shoot they're good especially the Sariayu eyeshadow palette and the Wardah gel liner. The eyeshadow is super pigmented and very creamy (I recommend using your hand for application as it will packs more colour to your lid). The wardah gel liner one is so good that it won't budge or smear! (At least on my face)

This is a fun thread! I recently got a new large pouch from Truffle that I used on my last weekender... last weekend. 🙂 I got it when they ran their huge sale a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy I did! They are typically $36 and I believe I got it for $16.

It was kinda perfect for all my non TSA type stuff.

As for makeup, I try to travel light; I tend to take things that are duo's or palettes as to not spend so much space with several different things. For this trip I did:

• Tom Ford Foundation- that's a daily use thing

• Milk Beauty DS Blurring Primer. This stuff is kinda awesome! I got it because I wanted a travel friendly primer; something not liquid that I'd have to stuff in a TSA sized bag. The primer works so well and is a stick! Win Win!
  • Tom Ford Soliel Collection Paradise Lust: Blush and Highlighter. Perfect!
  • Bobbi Brown Eye shadow Pencil - Copper. (I think): These are wonderful for quick trips. I don't need much else.
  • YSL Liquid Liner
  • Givenchy Mascara
  • Tom Ford Moisture Core lipstick- doubles as a balm.

For skincare, I do mostly small samples I have of the things I like. This trip was mostly May Lindstrom Samples. Her sample packaging is amazing. I also did some DS of my normal stuff.

TRUFFLE-ClarityPouchLarge_SapphireSaddleLime_grande.png

I've been wanting a truffle bag forever! I can't believe I missed this sale! What size is yours in? Do you find it roomy? 

I use the pouches for travel. The large ones are very roomy! I have 3 privacy pouches; they are a great size. I have one wristlets and its small; perfect as my wallet.

When I travel, what I pack usually depends on what Ill be doing and how long Ill be gone.  When I went to Costa Rica last year, I regretted not bringing more makeup since there were nights out, but I thought it best to pack minimal since its humid and I had to constantly be on the move as we traveled from region to region.  

This year  when we go to CR and Nicaragua, I plan to take BB cream, and travel eye palette (which reminds me I need some good travel eyeshadow/face brushes) and some powder products.  I am on the lookout for a powder foundation or setting powder- which maybe Ill get to Ulta for the It Cosmetics and/or the Pur powder when they go on sale. 

I also need an eyeliner that can withstand the heat and not melt making me look like a sloth in Costa Rica.  😉  So far I know it isnt UD, MJ highliner or Bobbi Brown- Ive tried all three and they all melt.

@makeupobesessed, have you tried liquid liners?  My KVD Trooper lasted through half a day's worth of jet skiing and frequent dips in the Bahamian waters...in the middle of summer.  

@angelKiss24   I haven't loved liquid liners, as I need to be able to smudge a bit to mask my inability to draw a straight line. I've had several trooper liners and once I tried one, I started giving them away.

I travel for work a fair amount, so I'm always trying to be more efficient when I pack for trips. I always bring far more lipsticks than is necessary lol. I always keep my makeup/skincare in my checked bag though, just due to volume and not wanting to deal with TSA. For makeup, I typically bring the following:

-Sephora gel Concealer

-Some kind of BB cream (Right now alternating between tarte and Dr.G)

-Finishing Powder (Currently it's IT cosmetics no pore powder)

-TF Bon Bon palette

-Eye Primer (TF or UD)

-Mascara (depends on what I have open)

-Lip Balms (always have at least my rosebud salve and maybelline baby lips. Sometimes tinted ones)

-Lipstick (far too many)

-Blush (currently it's HG in incandescent electra)

-Highlighter (Usually becca poured pearl or pressed rose quartz)

-Eyebrows (sometimes it's ABH powder, sometimes it's the brow whiz, sometimes it's both)

-Eyeliner (have a tarte double ended one with pencil and felt tip that I've been using recently, plus a tarte nude one for my lower waterline)

I'm bad about a set skincare routine and I'm also trying to get though all my samples before I buy more stuff. So whatever skincare I have when I travel varies. I also have masks (love Tony Moly sheet masks!) and bath bombs to relaxing in the tub after work. 

But, there's usually more that ends up in there as a "just in case" thing. Plus a separate bag for brushes. <.<

@Kay522, I agree with TSA and the unnecessary hassle and anxiety!!! I also check most of my makeup/skincare so I don't have to stress it..bringing onboard only essentials for the flight.

Thanks for this thread! I usually take my entire everyday makeup collection and more and this is all going to be very helpful in the upcoming months. 🙂

Fun thread!

Skincare: 

I try to take foils when possible, and if I'm going to beach type location won't bring acid/retinols since the sun exposure with those is pretty irritating to my skin and I don't end up using them anyways.

-Toner

-Cleanser

-serum

-eye cream

-moisturizer (usually 2, AM/PM or heavy/light)

-SR good genes

-SR luna

-hydrating masks

-alpha beta peels

Makeup:

-tinted moisturizer

-cover fx click stick w/ highlight and foundation

-becca backlight primer
-In a z palette: tarte park ave princess bronzer, highlighter, blush, and some shades from UD naked smoky palette

-mascara/primer

-ABH dipbrow/IT brow power

-A couple lip shades

Tools:
-brushes

-Beauty blender sometimes

-clarisonic sometimes

"Do I need five lipsticks, a primer, and a balm? Yeah. I do." LOL! 😄 

I usually travel pretty light (one backpack for anything under a week ... so MOST of my bag is filled with clothes).

**Liquids -- sandwich ziploc**

Skincare:

- Facewash: Philosophy Purity

- Essence: SK-II Essence

- Moisture: Laneige Sleeping Mask

- Balm: Jack Black Balm

Makeup:

- Face: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

- Face: KVD Creme Concealer

Foils:

Cleansing Oil, Primer, mud mask, heavier face cream

**Non-Liquids**

Tools:

- Clarisonic Brush

- Shu Uemura Lash Curler

- 2 brushes: Powder, Brow

Makeup:

- ABH Dipbrow

- L'oreal Powder Compact

- DS Marc Jacobs eyeliner

- One all-over Eyeshadow

** If I'm travelling for a special event, I'll throw in a palette + 2 eye brushes 🙂

A backpack? Dang, teach me!!! 

I've gone 2 weeks with a knapsack, no access to laundry + I had to bring tons of medical supplies.To be fair, it was a hot country so no heavy clothes.

Bundle packing really frees up space. Also, buy bras that don't use molded cups! Those are total space killers.

Thanks for starting this thread @fairlywell!

I just came back from a week-long trip to Boston on straight, 6 - 6.5 hours flights each way.  To combat the dry air, I brought the following with me in my ginormous travel purse:

Skincare:

• Ole Henriksen's nuture me cleansing cloths - to take off all that grime & makeup from the day.
  • Amore Pacific's Moisture Bound Hydration Mist - to add in some moisture pre-mask, and throughout the flight as needed
  • My Beauty Diary's cactus mask (x2, one for each way)
  • Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - post-mask to help the extra mask essence sink into the skin
  • Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm - applied religiously throughout the flight to keep my chronic dry lips at bay
  • Moroccan Hair Treatment Oil
  • May Lindstrom's Blue Cocoon (tiny amount depotted into an empty Nordstrom sample pod) - applied about mid-way through the flight to add more moisture to my skin and help me relax with its intoxicating scent

Makeup:

• Tom Ford's Soleil Eye and Cheek Palette - to refresh my eyes right before landing
  • Clinique's Black Honey - to add a bit of color to my lips
  • Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle - my go-to travel scent
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Spoiler
My ginormous travel purse also held:
1. my wallet
2. noise-canceling headphones
3. ipad
4. cell phone 
5. empty water bottle
6. DSLR
7. snacks 
8. gloves
9. earmuffs (Boston was cold!!!)

Anonymous Insider

Clinique's Black Honey is also one of my daily staples! I find that a matte lippie is too dramatic and a gloss is too sticky and Black Honey is right in the middle. 

@angelKiss24 you've given me the idea to put my purse inside a larger nylon bag, thank you! 

I try my best to travel light...

Makeup

- BITE Multistick (blush+lipstick+eyeshadow in one) and BITE duo mini-lipstick

- K-Palette eyebrow pen and liner

- eye curler

- BB cream (various, depends on season; in sample container)

- Covergirl Lashblast mascara

- lipgloss (various)

- random assortment of samples

Skincare

- Sheet masks (if I'm away for awhile)

- Pure + Simple cleansing milk

- Pure + Simple Vitamin C Serum (in sample container)

- Martina Gebhardt salvia face lotion (in sample container)

- Tamanu oil for extra moisturizing

- tea tree oil for breakouts

- other samples to use up

Tip: I like to use contact lens cases for small amounts of product

@pocketvenus I so want to be a "travel light" person. One day! You are so right about the contacts cases, too. I'm always afraid glass bottles will crack, so decanting small amounts makes sense. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 47 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos6
  • IMG_0192.JPG
  • IMG_0194.JPG
  • IMG_0195.JPG
  • Capture.PNG
  • upload_6235701022755887874.jpg
  • TRUFFLE-ClarityPouchLarge_SapphireSaddleLime_grande.png