Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What's in your carry on bag?

I'm packing for a weekend trip and I thought it would be fun to have a thread about what we bring while traveling. Here's mine for this trip - it may seem excesssive, but if you look closely you'll see enormous restraint 😉

Spoiler

IMG_0192.JPG
The skincare section. I'll put a scoop of the Banila Clean It Zero in each side of that contacts case, one for each night. My sample hoarding is showing here.

IMG_0194.JPG
The makeup section! The Diorskin will go in another contacts case. Do I need five lipsticks, a primer, and a balm? Yeah. I do.

IMG_0195.JPG
An absolute marvel of efficiency!

Share your tips and lists and travel favorites!

Re: What's in your carry on bag?

Glass is heavy too! I always keep my little plastic sample containers with screw-on lids and clean them out for travel.

Also, I just realized I wrote "eye curler" instead of eyelash and "eyebrow liner" instead of eyeliner lol!

@fairlywell I love that you use the Glossier bubble wrap bag for traveling. I use it too. The lips pouch is adorable! Where did you get it? Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Charlotte Tilbury have a similar item as a GWP?

I love seeing what people carry when they travel. I always like to bring samples so I think it is a smart move that you do that too. 

@Karmatic It was a gift from a friend, and unfortunately no label. She's a big fan of Etsy, you could check there?

@fairlywell Thanks for letting me know! I will check Etsy. Apparently Charlotte Tilbury created a Festival Kit that had a similar lips pouch. They're both pretty but I prefer yours! upload_6235701022755887874.jpg

The lip shaped pouch is so cute!! And I think it's super smart to bring foil packets with you in your carry on bag because I'm sure they save major space.

Cheers!
Nikko

I travel with foils for skincare, sample sized primer, my trusty mac foundation (the only full sized liquid in my bag lol), a sample sized UD shadow primer, an eye-shadow palette, a face palette, a sample sized mascara, an eyeliner, a pink lipstick, and a red lipstick. Also, two beauty blenders, two double ended shadow brushes, and two double ended face brushes (I alternate brushes every day since they take a while to dry). Sometimes I throw in an extra stick blush and highlighter too, if I think the air might be dry where I'm going and I want to go light on powders. 

You have your routine down! I like your doubling on brushes, I might copy that!

Urban Decay also makes a really handy double sided eyeliner, in case you want to travel with more than one color liner.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 47 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos6
  • IMG_0192.JPG
  • IMG_0194.JPG
  • IMG_0195.JPG
  • Capture.PNG
  • upload_6235701022755887874.jpg
  • TRUFFLE-ClarityPouchLarge_SapphireSaddleLime_grande.png