lamper4life

What "flaw" do you love?

[ Edited ]

Even though we are all gorgeous, we also have flaws. That's what makes us unique! There are some flaws that I have, such as an eternally ruddy complexion, that I really hate. But sometimes I think it's good to realize how beautiful our flaws are. That being said, what "flaw" do you love about yourself, beauty and non-beauty?

My favorite beauty "flaw" is that on my right eye, I have one eyelash that droops down. No matter what I do to it, it won't straighten up or come out. But I've come to love it, because I think it gives my look a touch of character. 

My favorite non-beauty "flaw" about myself is that I am awkward. I used to embarrass myself to the point that I avoided talking to anyone, but a few months ago my best friend told me that I had to go see this movie called "Frozen," (lol) because, as she put it, "You ARE the one girl in it." After I saw the movie and fell in love with Anna, I realized that awkward can be cute. :smileyhappy: 

I'd love to hear what you think!

lamper4life

Re: What "flaw" do you love?

Half of my Pandora account is dedicated to Disney radio stations XD

miabt

We all have flaws, but I think thats what makes us all so very special!  Like Randee, I have a ton of freckles too & I used to hate them, but now I love it!  My family used to tease me for being so fair (I'm filipino) and having freckles.  I also hated my teeth.  I was tormented as a kid for having a huge gap in my teeth & they were huge, but I eventually I grew into them & now I love my smile :smileyhappy:  

xo, Mia

notcreative

My MIL is also very, very fair.  I would say she is a smidgeon darker than I am.  She has freckles too.

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]

My favorite 'flaws' are my fuller eyebrows and high forehead. I used to think I looked like a pair of furry caterpillars buried under a big, shiny, receding hairline, disproportionately large forehead with big fat birthmarks splotched around the corners. Now I really appreciate both, especially since my fuller brows make shaping them much easier. And my forehead is totally in proportion to the rest of my face, especially since I know my cheeks/cheekbones are on the fuller and more prominent side. :smileyhappy: It makes me unique.

My favorite non-beauty flaw is that I'm an extreme perfectionist. This is a good and a bad thing; sometimes I'm so anxious about 'getting something right' that I become paralyzed, and that's when it's a bad thing. But it's also a good thing because I am eager to put my best foot forward all the time, in every realm of my life. Especially when it comes to dinner parties. I go all out! I am also really loud in real life to the extent that I have a hard time speaking in a whisper, but I think that makes me seem more gregarious and fun.

lamper4life

I LOVE your eyebrows. Total brow envy every time I look at 'em :smileywink:

HarlemJPN

(0) Hearts

Me, too! I spend at least 1 minute practically every day of my life drawing eyebrows on my face. Yours are perfect rolling outta bed in huge morning. Jealous!

cspriverratz

Wow, so many people posted about freckles being a beauty flaw. Freckles are beautiful, like stars in the sky! I might be impartial because I am a ginger though, haha. :smileyhappy:

My beauty flaw, which can't really be fixed with make-up, are my teeth. Having a great, perfect smile is so desirable that it can even prevent you from some jobs, especially those in beauty. I grew up with a pretty big overbite, big front teeth, overlapping teeth, a gap between my front teeth, and to top it all off, two giant whitespots on my front teeth. I went to sooo many orthodontists to get quotes on prices, but they were all too expensive for my family to afford. As my parents told me, it gave me character, and as long as my teeth worked they were perfect. I hated going to school because I got made fun of a lot and didn't look like everyone else. As I grew up the gap between my teeth closed and my whitespots faded. I can totally afford braces now but I choose not to because after living with these teeth for 11 years, I have gained so much confidence and learned to love my imperfections. <3

As for non-beauty flaw, I'd have to say I have a really hard time keeping a secret. I've gotten better about it over the years, but I'm still horrible at keeping my mouth shut! I'm also really shy, like painfully shy. I think I went to two parties last year, both for my friend's graduation. I'd rather stay home and read!

leopardstars

I have freckles, and I used to hate them. Now I don't use foundation because I don't want to cover them. I think the thing with freckles is that adults always point them out, so you become self-conscious. I remember there was a girl in my dance class with freckles, and I thought she was so pretty, but every adult always pointed out my freckles, so I came to hate them. I think it's the same with most of these "flaws." 

lamper4life

I was thinking the same thing about freckles!!! I have freckles over my whole face and body, and I never even thought about them as "flaws," so I was surprised as to how many people thought of them that way!  I have the same tooth problem, and can I just say that you just encouraged me SO much??! I never thought about accepting my teeth the way they are. 

You made my day!

kbmatthews

My favourite beauty flaws are my freckles. 

My favourite non-beauty flaw is the fact that I'm a huge geek. I love video games, books, scifi and fantasy, and I geek out over different fonts. 

KendraKendra

One of my fondest past-times is guessing fonts in commercials with my family (design people). Good times!

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I think that is so awesome, Kendra! I love typography!

properlylost

My favorite beauty flaw is dark freckle above my right eyebrow. It's the only freckle on my face and stands a bit, but it grew on me.

My favorite non-beauty flaw is I'm really shy, both online and in person. I tend to observe more than participate a lot of times in groups, but I also appreciate it because it helps me get to know people a lot better over time because I pay attention so much and helps build better friendships.

a5n8g8e2l4

My favorite beauty flaw is that I'm waayyy too pale. We're talking Casper the Ghost pale. But I've learned to love being so fair skinned. Besides, fake tans do not look flattering on me for some strange reason.

My favorite non beauty flaw is that I prefer to read rather than socialize, lol. Like I could spend hours researching something, but put me in the middle of a party and I'll want to leave after 15 minutes.

fatimamummy

My favorite beauty flaw is a mole close to my left ear,I was used to hide it in  my hair but with the time I grew to love it.

My non beauty flaw that I need and want order in every aspect of life from daily routine to planning for some thing  big, I want every thing to be done  exactly in the best possible way and on time.Since my husband is exactly opposite so I love this flaw of mine even more now.

meagboho

I guess my favorite flaw would be my beauty marks on my face.

My favorite non physical flaw would be my "betch face" or poker face. It really helps my sarcasm! Ha!

RandeeBT

Thanks for posting, lamper4life! There is nothing wrong with being awkward! In fact, some of my favorite people are a little awkward, including myself!  

My favorite beauty flaw are probably my freckles! I have a big freckle on the side of my nose, on my neck and one on my arm! I used to try and cover my little freckles up, but I have grown to love them!

My favorite non-beauty flaw about myself is that I am a very inquisitive person! I have always been the type to want to know every detail about everything and I ask a ton of questions. I think this has helped me become a very smart and knowledgeable person. People also tell me I am a good listener and I think trait helps with that. 

Best,
Randee
BuxomBabe80

I don't think being inquisitive is a flaw at all, Randee! I am skeptical and like to look for evidence instead of just believing what I'm told. I don't consider it to be a flaw at all. Although some do disagree with me. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 185 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • malday
    • melissabt
    • pinktorridora
    • dolceloure
    • a5n8g8e2l4