ashleynne

What products did you try that went terribly wrong?

[ Edited ]

For me it was the korres quercetin & oak eye cream. It somehow would always end up getting in my eyes burning them and making them water for at least half an hour after each time used. The next couple of hours my eyes would continue to be red before going back to normal. Safe to say I definitely didn't look cute. :smileysad:

kittichick

Re: What products did you try that went terribly wrong?

Reeeally? Hmmm... Well I do have a clear UD lip pencil coming in the mail tomorrow (along with a TF Bon Bons!!) - I was thinking I might give it a try with the OCC. Tried it once before with a colored lip pencil, but the colors looked so bad together I wiped it right off.

If that doesn't work, I'll give the thin layers thing a shot. I probably do lay it on a little thick.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I was really laying it on like a gloss, but noooo!! Thin layers! 

It's a little tedious but it will last if you do it right!!

ChicDabbler

Caudalie brightening serum + quenching sorbet cream. I did test out the serum by itself a few days and it was fine. I used the sorbet cream over other serum and it was fine. But when I used both together, my skin was itchy and clusters of red bumps start to appear. I thought it might be purging but after a week and it was getting worse, so I went back to my safety skincare and haven't touched either of them since. =(

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Argan Oil on my face - blotchy, red, angry face :smileysad: I even have to wipe my face & wash my hands after I put it on my hair 

mafan

(0) Hearts

Most sunscreens.  It took me years to figure out that my legs are allergic to Oxybenzone, and it's in most body sunscreens.  It's even in the baby and sensitive versions.  (There are some purely mineral sunscreens, but they're few and far between.)  I break out in little red spots that itch/burn like crazy.  Try finding long pants to wear when you're on vacation at Disney World!  I ended up with a pair of gouchos (oh so stylish with my sneakers and white socks) and some sweats with ESPN across the butt!  Now I LOVE my Supergoop sunscreen.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Any Lancome mascara. They all flake and/or look super clumpy.

Also, the Tarte and Clinique mascara primers. I had high hopes that they would help keep my mascara on (I have this weird problem where all mascara eventually flakes off the lashes on my RIGHT eye - and only my right eye. O.o), but if anything, they made it worse.

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

yeah I notice within the last year my eyes seem to react to them too. They do flake pretty bad even though they go on really nice at first. Then my eye ends up watering and my winged eyeliner is well... no longer winged.

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

any Dior mascara.  I  have extremely sensitive eyes and could never use any Cover Girl mascara and was hit or miss on Maybelline.  Laura Mercier didn't make my eyes react and neither did Clinique.  My sister raved about Dior's mascara, so I tried their lash maximizer and Extase mascara.  Both made my eyes look swollen and just awful after application, as well as itching something fierce.  Took it off when I got home, but I couldn't wear any type of eye makeup for a few days after due to it.  I now stick with a Clinique, Buxom or Laura Mercier mascara at all times and the second I try a mascara it comes off if I feel the slightest BIT of an itch or tingle.

kirstensf

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat.  I wanted to love it since it's such an iconic product.  I found the product to crease and look very obvious under my eyes- yuck!!!

I also STRONGLY disliked the Sephora Collection Cleansing Oil.  I found it did not rinse clean as higher-priced cleansing oils do/should.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Touche Eclat isn't really supposed to go under your eyes - not like a concealer, anyway. There are tutorials out there that show you how iy's supposed to be used. (try goss on youtube) I like it best on the tops of my outer cheeks, and around my lips.

Meanwhile, if you can find a concealer that doesn't crease under the eyes, I will love you forever!

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

the closest darn thing I've gotten is tarte's maracuja concealer. you don't need much. blend it really well (i suggest putting on eye cream first then applying immediately after) and do a quick dusting of a tiny bitt of setting powder and honestly i've barely seen any movement.

knadala

Crest teeth whitening strips hurt my teeth like crazy.

Lip plumping gloss always makes my lips feel super weird and tingly like I have something that needs to be wiped off.

Chemical peels in general don't get along with my skin, I am just not someone who can handle it gracefully. LOL

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

I just had a problem getting them to stay on. They would keep peeling off or slipping down my teeth and the product would get messy. i just eventually gave up on it and tossed it out. 

kelsey808

(0) Hearts

I had the same problem with Crest White Strips at first but if you use a fluoride rinse (like ACT) AM and PM for a week before whitening, then rinse an hour after whitening it really helps with the sensitivity!

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Angel perfume.  The notes in this all sound like something I would really like, but it turned into something awful on my skin, like a combination of tobacco, curry, and dirt.  I tried to wash it off and no matter how much I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed, I couldn't get the stink off of me!

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

im sorry but i dont think anyone can wear that perfume. the smell literally can clear out an area of people in less than an minute. when that bottle broke on the floor we knew we would be smelling it for weeks no matter how hard we scrubbed the floor. worst perfume ever.

girlystuff63

(0) Hearts

I smelled it for first time last week and thought it was just me. I hated it!  So many love it and I was curious since it is a 500 pt perk. I don't get the allure. Just not my style I guess. 

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

I tried the The Body Shops Tea tree kit to clear skin. I just could not handle it, it stung and felt too tingly and warm. My sensitive skin was like NO!

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

i've heard a lot of buzz about this tea tree stuff for hair and the face. I'm on the fence about trying it like many other things. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you! I'm always on the search for the perfect skincare for my super acne prone skin. 

properlylost

(0) Hearts

Murad's Clarifying Cleanser is the only thing I've tried thus far that I've had a bad time with. I used it a few times and it looked and felt like it gave me a chemical burn almost all over my face after using it a few times. It took a couple weeks for my skin to recover and felt mortified with how bad it looked. I don't have very sensitive skin so I don't know what it was about it, but I steer clear of Murad now.

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i wonder if it was the salicylic acid? your reaction sounds exactly what happens to my skin when i use it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • kirstensf
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • waterbaby1981
    • lyravega
    • jojobe