beautytester

What makes you feel beautiful?

Well, not the inner beauty/health/family thing, but when you are feeling down or want a change of mood/pace what's the first thing you grab to give yourself an instant boost to feel beautiful?

Personally it's perfume for me. I like a red lip as much as anyone else, but I then I'm paranoid about getting it on my teeth, smearing it when I eat etc etc. And perfume is just for me, it's quick and doesn't need to be removed like make up at end of the day. =)

MoreGun89

Re: What makes you feel beautiful?

lylysa plz

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You got me imaginging Tom Hardy as Bane now in jeggings! :smileyvery-happy: Hahaha!

MoreGun89

Oh dear god -_- and now I'm just seeing Chris Farley in the Chippendale outfit doing the dance to cover it all up >.<

lylysa

swfupload_848286775597477979.jpg

You asked for it...SNL's finest!

beautytester

NOOOO! UNSEE! UN-SEE!

I see no evil. I see nothing. I saw nothing. Nothing. 

drrragon

i know, right???? you think she's so sweet and nice, and then she pulls THIS on us!!!  :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

LOL! He did a "tear away" pants reveal of this too! I give him all the credit in the world to sport those! He makes me want to work out my legs!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Oh my god, I loved this skit...almost as much as the Matt Foley, motivational speaker / "Living in a van down by the river" ones, which still make me die laughing...I love Chris Farley <3

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]

It is the inner stuff for me really, my husband, the way I feel after acupuncture or yoga (and massage...just had an amazing Lomi Mohala massage at the Four Seasons Maui with cocoa butter that was outstanding, definitely felt the "opening up" with the sound of the waves and soothing massage).

Of couse the cosmetic stuff too, my friend makes an amazing face oil that keeps me looking young (I adore getting carded considering I'm turning 31 in a few months), moisturizing the body with coconut oil, going out dancing, putting on a cute outfit (heels and a skirt/ dress help), getting a haircut (and color). Being positive and loving, eating foods that promote health.

lylysa

All this mentioning of cocoa butter and coconut oil is making me want to visit Hawaii! :smileyvery-happy:

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]

Went to Maui for the first time (my husband won a trip on the radio) and it was amazing. Can't wait to go back! I wish we had warm ocean water in the Bay Area!

lylysa

Sweeeeeet prize!!!!

I went to Honolulu a few years back for my cousin's wedding. His brother's wife is from there so she took us out to the local places for some of the best food. I miss the ramen there, unlike anything here in the states and I got to try so many varietys of mochi (ice cream wrapped in rice flour/paste). I had only ever tried vanilla, red bea, green tea, mango, and chocolate, but this place (Bubbies) had mint chocolate chip (my fave!), raspberry, strawberry, pineapple, and all sorts!

I would love to make another trip out there one day. After going once, I can say it's definitely a place EVERYONE needs to visit!

dianabt

Wait.. mint chocolate chip mochi? PINEAPPLE mochi?? I've sadly never gone to HI. Maybe I'll plan a trip there for my bday! I'm just deciding where I'd like to go while I have a few months to figure it out!  

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
makeupmaven

If you go to Maui, you MUST go to Mama's Fish House! Best food in Maui, if not the planet! If we were there longer we would have done the Road to Hana, but we didn't want to be stuck in the car since we weren't there that long. The service at the Four Seasons Wailea was impeccable, loved Wailea Beach (beautiful beach, warm water, did the free Outrigger Canoe excursion which was so much fun, plus the massage in the oceanside hale, the Serenity Pool)...Lahaina Grill in Lahaina was great (though Lahaina seems to be a tourist trap). Next time we'll spend more time in Pa'ia (where Mama's is, cool hippie town), and Kanapaali...Maui Brewing Co (both tour and brewpub) in Lahaina was also awesome.

beautytester

Oh Hawaii is SO worth it! I tend to subconsciously rebel against/scoff at popular things, thinking it's all hype, but Hawaii is everything that everyone described as (the weather, the scenery, the food, the music/fragrance in the air...). It's pretty much THE definition of vacation.

Aw man, now I want mochi, gotta stock up next time I'm at Trader Joes. Aloha~~~~

lylysa

Yessssss, it was sooo good! Bubbies also had all these different desserts like ice cream and cakes!

I believe they ship to the US with dry ice, but obviously it's a bit pricey! My family went nuts and ordered them by the plate loads so we could all try it!

It would be a beautiful bday destination, Diana!

quenbee

Aaaahhh Hawaii sounds like the perfect destination! Next time we plan a BIG vacation will def consider!

@beautytester - I love Trader Joes, I am very fortunate to have 3 of them pretty close to where I live, but don't shop there nearly enough!  Thank you for reminding that i should go there after work tomorrow. Hmmmmm -  now what to put on that shopping list.

beautytester

*taking notes about Hawaii*

Oh man, all those talks of Hawaii and Trader Joes made me crave exotic food. Had rasberry jam+goat cheese with bread for dinner, good enough.

Trader Joes is expensive, but they've got good variety of nuts and desserts (speaking of which, I need to do something with the almond flour I brought half a year ago....).

ContentlyKayKay

I am from Hawaii but now live in Seattle,  all my family is back there :smileysad: . Definitely agree with mama's fish house, also check out Sansei if you like sushi. It's on Maui both in Kihei and Kapalua. And also in waikiki on Oahu. Oh and for mochi on Oahu there's this AMAZING little place called Fujiya ahhhh I miss it (also try their flat waifer things. They are like flat fortune cookies but different flavors). Sigh.. little over 5 months until I'm back for a month!!

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

Ah yeah a colleague of mine just recommended Sansei, will have to check it out! I want to stay at the Inn at Mama's next time just to be close to the food (plus it's not that expensive for Maui).

lylysa

Ooooo, I bet you can't wait for that visit, ContentlyKayKay!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 101 replies
  • 317 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115