ChicDabbler

What makes you feel beautiful?

Well, not the inner beauty/health/family thing, but when you are feeling down or want a change of mood/pace what's the first thing you grab to give yourself an instant boost to feel beautiful?

Personally it's perfume for me. I like a red lip as much as anyone else, but I then I'm paranoid about getting it on my teeth, smearing it when I eat etc etc. And perfume is just for me, it's quick and doesn't need to be removed like make up at end of the day. =)

ChicDabbler

Re: What makes you feel beautiful?

If we are talking about walking in heels, honestly the most important thing is to find shoes that fit (does not pinch, have sturdy heels, and good padding. Do not buy it in hope that the faults will disappear after you break in the shoes). As for actual walking tips:

1. Walk on soft areas, go for carpet and if your shoes don't get dirty easily or have a thin heel, go for grass.

2. Sit frequently. self-explanatory.

3. Shift your weight, rotate/flex your ankle to keep the circulation going so it doesn't feel stiff

Aside from that....well, a stiff drink and change shoes. =X

dianabt

@sephoramusthave I'm the same height but feel like I'm towering over people when I wear even 2 inch heels! I need to just embrace it and go for it!  I have a beautiful pair of Stuart Weitzmans my bf gave me for Christmas but the 4 inch heel psychs me out LOL. I do feel good in heels though so why not? :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

We needz moar TALLZ!

missjr

I feel beautiful when I least expect it.  For instance, when I'm feeling really crappy and look as if I didn't spend a lot of time on my makeup.  I get compliments and looks of admiration and it always causes me to mentally go, "Say WHAT?!"  On days like that, I wonder what they see that I don't. But, when you're not feeling that great, it's a real confidence booster!

lylysa

I suppose it could be that on those days folks can see that you're not desperately trying to vie for attention or make it so blantant that you want to be looked at or admired.

It's kind of refreshing sometimes to just see someone "be" rather than putting on some front. :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Oooo nice topic and a tough one too!!!

In terms of what product I reach out to and grab to perk up my mood, I think it would have to be face wash. :smileytongue:

I find that if I'm feeling sluggish or just unproductive one of the best things I can do is essentially wash my face so I start "fresh" and clean. It's really beneficial for me to kick into a procedure that requires me to "clean" some aspect of myself and have it translate into whatever else I need to do and carry on. Water splashing on my face just wakes me up and it's like I'm washing away the dull, drab feeling I have and it's wonderful seeing it "go down the drain".

bananachoox3

I love it when I have a clean face. The feeling at night when I take all my makeup off and clean my face. Best feeling ever!

lylysa

Squeeky clean goodness!

quenbee

For me it would be a good push up bra.  Not the kind that adds a cup (or 2), but one that just makes me look fierce in my favorite tops/dresses.   And a great mascara - one that makes my lashes full and so long that they touch the tips of my eyebrows!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I agree as well.  I don't like having to worry to pull or tug.  Same for jeans, but it's because it's hard to find a pair that fits perfectly.

lylysa

Yessss! A good bra and help with posture so much too! Just knowing that your clothes fit properly and you don't have to tub and adjust every chance you get is comforting!

quenbee

Uggghhhh nothing is worse than having to pull and tug! 

dianabt

This is a fun topic! I have to agree with both viviene23 and Drragon but lately my pick of choice? NEW HAIR EXTENSIONS! My hair is a bit mid length and very fine (finer due to medications I'm taking now) so I'm missing having a long head of lush, shiny locks and my extensions instantly make me feel dolled up and "pretty again" as silly as it may sound. :smileyhappy:

That and pink lipgloss always help!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
janinebt

I'm with Diana on this! I've always dabbled around with hair extensions from time to time, but I have taken my hooked level to new heights since October/November. Best of all I only have to pay for the hair, my sister applies them for me once a month.

What I love about extensions is that bad hair days are rare and you can style them until your heart's content.

I was planning on giving my natural hair a 'break' a few weeks ago, but tragedy came down hard. I was playing around with some faux bangs that I won through a contest ages ago. I snapped them in and decided to give them a little trim. I thought I had brushed all of my natural hair back, but in the heat of the cutting moment I accidently cut them. So now I have these haggard mini bangs. Needless to say I'll probably be weaving it up for the next few months still until they grow back :smileysad:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
drrragon

LOL, these days, a full coverage foundation!  No but really, when I have the time to do it, a full face of makeup really transforms my face!  It's like magic, even if the makeup is subtle.  Also just a nice long hot shower helps a lot.

arielaaaaaaaa

A Bright Lipstick! I don't always wear a bold lip but when i do it makes me feel so confident!

viviene23

For me its sexy undies...even if im wearing a simple outfit on, it somehow makes me feel more confident and beautiful. Smoky eyes and nude lips if I really need a boost and I have time : )

bananachoox3

I'll have to go with blush! Its just makes me feel all happy. Especially when you own a ton of it, you can change how you feel. I love flirty pinks but I also love my pop of peachy color. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 101 replies
  • 317 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115