ChicDabbler

What makes you feel beautiful?

Well, not the inner beauty/health/family thing, but when you are feeling down or want a change of mood/pace what's the first thing you grab to give yourself an instant boost to feel beautiful?

Personally it's perfume for me. I like a red lip as much as anyone else, but I then I'm paranoid about getting it on my teeth, smearing it when I eat etc etc. And perfume is just for me, it's quick and doesn't need to be removed like make up at end of the day. =)

ContentlyKayKay

Re: What makes you feel beautiful?

(0) Hearts

It's not like I'm counting the 160 days until my flight takes off :smileywink: 

kenny

Bright colors! I have a warm medium skin tone and bright colors really pop off my skin. Whenever I'm feeling sick or "blah" a bright color makes me feel much happier and more beautiful!. Plus a little concealer never hurts

MoreGun89

Nothing helps me more than a pint of Hoegaarden and some good friends.  In the worst case I can usually just settle for the beer :smileytongue:  

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

Haha as a beer geek, learning about beer/ trying new beer/ steering other peoplpe in the right direction makes me feel smart (well...until I get stupid). I'm a big IPA and Sour fan myself...Pliny the Younger (and Elder), all of the Russian River 'tions, Rodenbach Grand Cru, Liefmans Cuvee Brut are my faves but I can't pick one because I try new/ seasonal beers frequently.

sephoramusthave

Mmmmmm coconuts!! Reminds me of how much I want to try the new Pacifica makeup wipes and cleanser!

ChicDabbler

Oh yes ice cream!

Rrrrrrrum, burbon or amoretto for me! I love them in baked goods, so if I have time, chocolate rum cake or banana foster muffin it is. Yummm...

sephoramusthave

swfupload_6417803822228079451.jpgDiana--Embrace it girl! I do tower over some people with my heels on, especially the gals that are around 5 feet and wear flats but I dont know why being taller makes me feel so confident. I feel like when I walk tall, my posture is better and I just feel more sexy :smileyvery-happy: I really really love ankle boots, especially the suade ones because they are easy to break in and look good with everything and I'm not gonna lie, it feels good to be able to reach things on the high shelf :smileyvery-happy:

makeupmaven

+one on suede ankle boots, so flattering and slimming!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I love suede shoes! It's like velvet+durability/warmth of leather. Too bad it's not easy to take care of, so I usually go for patent leather.

Thank you for bringing it up! I almost forgot, these are my favorite heels cuz they are gorgeous (obvi) and the ONLY heel I can survive a whole day in:

swfupload_4004467786901277062.jpg

Oh now I can't WAIT for spring when it's warm enough for me to prance around in these!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

That color is TO DIE for!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Oh I LOVE sky high heels! I'm 5'8-5'9 but since I mostly work around guys I'm the same height as them. I love how the 4in heels makes me feel like I'm on top of the world! Granted, the feeling is very different after 3-4hrs in it.

Altho after a dramatic comic style tumble down a flight of stairs and face plant on the bottom, I decided to limit myself to at most 3.5in heels. Granted, I was skipping down the stairs at the time. Piece of advice, ladies! Do not skip down the stairs in 4in heels. Whazzat? i'm the only one who likes to do it?.....oh....o.o

MoreGun89

Irish car bomb cake? :smileywink:

quenbee

(0) Hearts

Yummmmm - that sounds too good to be legal! 

lylysa

Iceeee creammmmmm

MoreGun89

Preferably in baklava flavor ^.^

lylysa

Must find.... O_O

MoreGun89

Safeway carries it as one of their store brands :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Crud, there are no Safeways in my area....must to more research.....for ice cream...and science

qmgirl

What makes me feel beautiful on a blah day is nice hair, my lashgasm and glossy lips. :smileyhappy: On a day like today I'm just not motivated to do much but I made sure to touch up my newly blown out hair (makes my day so much better to have nice straight hair flowing to my waist, makes me happy lol), put a little foundation on, blush, lashgasm and va va violet smashbox lipgloss. :smileywink:

drrragon

LOL I'm really tempted to try quenbee's strategy and get myself some serious push-up bra.....

quenbee

Hahaha - here I go enabling again!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 101 replies
  • 317 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • kenny