ChicDabbler

What makes you feel beautiful?

Well, not the inner beauty/health/family thing, but when you are feeling down or want a change of mood/pace what's the first thing you grab to give yourself an instant boost to feel beautiful?

Personally it's perfume for me. I like a red lip as much as anyone else, but I then I'm paranoid about getting it on my teeth, smearing it when I eat etc etc. And perfume is just for me, it's quick and doesn't need to be removed like make up at end of the day. =)

ChicDabbler

Re: What makes you feel beautiful?

[ Edited ]

Or instead of push-up bras, you can try contouring the "girls". I tried it as a mean to use up the bronzer/luminizer that I usually don't use. It's quicker, cheaper, and it works. =X.

veevali

I agree with drrragon, these days it's foundation/concealer, because I have been breaking out like a teenager again :smileysad:

When I do have good skin, I agree with beautytester. Guilty pleasure is Taylor Swift's Enchanted, I don't even own it I just had a bunch of samples and whenever I was feeling down, the scent just made me feel lifted :smileyvery-happy: Maybe I should finally pick it up cause I did run out of samples...

Spyski

I usually feel my worst when its a week before my Mr. Happy (that time of the month). Nothing can really bounce me back to normal unless I'm in my comfy clothes cooking up some homemade food. I don't even feel like looking in the mirror because I'll just end up "feeling ugly" as much as I try to feel pretty when applying makeup, yet I know its all in my head. I sure wish I could tell myself it's all in my head during that time though. It just doesn't work! Gosh, I really can't stand being a woman sometimes...

ContentlyKayKay

Lol "Mr. Happy" I go to the opposite spectrum and call it "the dark side". So I warn my fiance that I've "crossed over to the dark side"... he then knows to provide me chocolate and slowly back away. :smileywink:

lylysa

You totally need a Darth Vadar helmet for when you cross over! :smileytongue:

MoreGun89

Agreed, or she can draw her blanket over her like the Emperor, ultimate dark side! :smileytongue:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Muahahaha!!! Light saber not included!

MoreGun89

Usually I just say the thing is back.  Or there's a murder.  Usually I am then provided with beer to ease the tummy and snuggles (sometimes fried chicken, you know, because I'm healthy like that haha) ^.^  It's good to have men who know how to take care of a miserable, moody lady XD

Spyski

I agree with the snuggles and who said I cooked homemade "healthy food" anyway? Hehe

ChicDabbler

Oh gosh, I hate *that* time, nothing makes me curse more than the first day of it. Nothing lowers my motivation to do any work, put on any make up or skincare as when *it* happens, which doesn't help in the feeling-pretty department. And I get so neasuated and at worst, my skin gets so sensitive to cold/touch. It's the reason why I'm addicted to Caudalie Beauty Elixir now, cuz the herbal scent helps to cut down on the nausea and feels refreshing on my not-washed face. =X

quenbee

Me tooooo!  Thankfully I WAH so I get to bumm around in my PJ's! The only thing that makes me feel better that first day is a nice cup of hot tea and a bag of dove milk chocolates! 

drrragon

LOL "Mr. Happy"!!!!!  First time i've heard that one....

lylysa

swfupload_1721552174433831522.jpg

drrragon

oh my gosh lylysa! I used to love those "Mr. ____" books when I was little!  Haven't thought of them in years.  Wow, good memories..... :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I think I still have a collection of books and matching tapes somewhere.....ohhhh what fun!

Spyski

*dawl* He looks so sweet and innocent...that lil liar! haha

lylysa

LOL! Happy my butt! :smileytongue:

lylysa

You had me at "cooking up some homemade food"....*drool*

sephoramusthave

Makeup wise, blush. Since I'm pale, it really livens up my face, and even if I have a full face of makeup on I dont feel pretty without blush. But nothing gives me more confidence than a good pair of heels (especially boots!). I'm 5'7'' but I feel like a million bucks in 4-6 in heels. :smileyvery-happy:

kimmi1115

Can you give me some advice for walking in high heels? lol.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Also, Kimmi, if you're not used to heels, wedges are a great place to start or even a lower platform because there's a bit more stability and your weight is more evenly distributed. Actual stilletos or heels that essentially just keep you on your toes can come later after you get the hang of it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 101 replies
  • 317 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115